Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2006, 23:26   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
karthik247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR, HYD
Posts: 2,708
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Pardon me, but weren't 25 CLK-GTR's made totally?? Or is the car we're talking abt here a different one?
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2006, 01:36   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
1Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago/Delhi
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Pardon me, but weren't 25 CLK-GTR's made totally?? Or is the car we're talking abt here a different one?
I dont know which argument are you trying to clarify, but I was talking about the Porsche Carrera GT 1000(or something like that its called, I think Gemballa is responsible for this crazi design) and the GCGT is not a real car, only a hypothetical car, if someone was to give 1.8mil USD to Gemballa + the donar car(CGT) would they attempt to make it, which I personally think is just outrageous, as is CGT is such a hard car to handle that save some pros, most owners reck the car, so the GCGT could be even hard for Schumy to drive..

Link to GCGT

Last edited by 1Day : 19th June 2006 at 01:41.
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2006, 08:01   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
islero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,574
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

What a awful looking concept these Gemballa people have come up with for the CGT. Spoils one of the most beautiful cars ever. No one will let their baby be subjected to this kind of nonsense.
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2006, 09:53   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
maxbhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: C C K
Posts: 1,372
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Exactly my point. "CURRENTLY SALE NOW TO PUBLIC"
Okay if hts what you are saying its definetely not CLK...

1,816,000 $ ...GTR is supposed to be costing only 1.5 million & that extra 250K must be the premium price.

maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2006, 12:01   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
1Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago/Delhi
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
Okay if hts what you are saying its definetely not CLK...

1,816,000 $ ...GTR is supposed to be costing only 1.5 million & that extra 250K must be the premium price.

Again was not offered to the public and is not street legal, its a full on race car..meant to be used by most exlusive ferrari owners and enthuziasts on track.
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2006, 17:54   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
maxbhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: C C K
Posts: 1,372
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
Again was not offered to the public and is not street legal, its a full on race car..meant to be used by most exlusive ferrari owners and enthuziasts on track.
hey , 1750000.00$ is never meant for public to buy , its just for drooling okay , You mean to say you will ride CLK GTR on road, just remove the front skirts if you are planning to . GTR is made for 5(according to the author) , Ferrari Ezo FXX is made more than 20 so which by common sense is more exlusive ? . Please be reasonable when you argue. I apologise if I have ofended you , I just wanted to make myself clear .
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2006, 18:48   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
islero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,574
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

maxbhp, FERRARI WILL NOT ALLOW THE OWNER TO DRIVE THEIR FXX ON THE ROAD. This is because it does not comply with noise regulations, and its suspension settings are not for the road.

It is more of a test mule for future hyper-Ferraris than anythign else.


The CLK GTR was sold as a car for the road, it was specifically refined with road use in mind.

You are the one being unreasonable here.
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2006, 21:50   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
1Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago/Delhi
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
hey , 1750000.00$ is never meant for public to buy , its just for drooling okay , You mean to say you will ride CLK GTR on road, just remove the front skirts if you are planning to . GTR is made for 5(according to the author) , Ferrari Ezo FXX is made more than 20 so which by common sense is more exlusive ? . Please be reasonable when you argue. I apologise if I have ofended you , I just wanted to make myself clear .
Like islero wrote, you are being unreasonable..

public means public, I have rolled with people who can easily afford this car without a sweat but still cant buy it, cuz its all upto Ferrari to give these cars out. They were never meant for the road, whereas CLK GTR were sold to anyone just to meet racing stds in the class i believe...

so CLK GTR is a road going car...

as for "public" it means anyone, even mital is public, ambani is public or bill gates is public. When the company starts to choose who can buy the car or not, then its no longer public, having the extra dough doesnt make you special to be above the word "public"
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2006, 23:41   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
aniguchisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,022
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
Like islero wrote, you are being unreasonable..

public means public, I have rolled with people who can easily afford this car without a sweat but still cant buy it, cuz its all upto Ferrari to give these cars out. They were never meant for the road, whereas CLK GTR were sold to anyone just to meet racing stds in the class i believe...

so CLK GTR is a road going car...

as for "public" it means anyone, even mital is public, ambani is public or bill gates is public. When the company starts to choose who can buy the car or not, then its no longer public, having the extra dough doesnt make you special to be above the word "public"
Spot on, in lieu with the FXX, check out this Mc12 Corse, priced at $1.7m.

http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pi...12_corse-3.jpg

Oh, and I absolutely love this picture:

Last edited by aniguchisan : 19th June 2006 at 23:45.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2006, 23:59   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
1Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago/Delhi
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan
Spot on, in lieu with the FXX, check out this Mc12 Corse, priced at $1.7m.

http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pi...12_corse-3.jpg

Oh, and I absolutely love this picture:
Awesome shot!! Love the Corse
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 00:34   #26
BHPian
 
comfortablywacky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 540
Thanked: Once
Default

[quote=islero]maxbhp, FERRARI WILL NOT ALLOW THE OWNER TO DRIVE THEIR FXX ON THE ROAD. This is because it does not comply with noise regulations, and its suspension settings are not for the road.QUOTE]

hey look at this pic!! taken outside taken outside of Don Wallace's house..
comfortablywacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 00:45   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
aniguchisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,022
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

[quote=comfortablywacky]
Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
maxbhp, FERRARI WILL NOT ALLOW THE OWNER TO DRIVE THEIR FXX ON THE ROAD. This is because it does not comply with noise regulations, and its suspension settings are not for the road.QUOTE]

hey look at this pic!! taken outside taken outside of Don Wallace's house..
Transported via a truck, for sure...after all, it's 'illegal' to drive on the roads.

Don't believe me, here, have a look:


Last edited by aniguchisan : 20th June 2006 at 00:46.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 02:28   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
1Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago/Delhi
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgu88
1.7 million $ car is for the people who need to show off.That they got expesive toys and it will not be a big price for dem.so it only a part of their garage.
You really need to get your thought process straight there. I say anything more than owning a 2 wheeler is showing that you got money, its all relative man...

the guy who has so much money that spending 1.8 mil on a car is like spending 30k Rs on a scooter than what does he do, stop doing it just cuz people think he is trying to show off..??

This is a wrong mentality..by this if you keep moving up in life, all you are doing is showing off what you can do by buying bigger homes, taking grander vacations, spending more and more on cars and clothes and watches...
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 02:30   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
1Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago/Delhi
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: Once
Default

Also btw, a one of Pinanfarina Design Enzo(no longer looks like one) will debut in pebble beach this year, owned by Jim from NYC, he has spent 1mil to buy the car and 2-3 mil on changing it to look like the P4/5

It is going to be the most outrageously good looking and gound breaking car ever which even ferrari wouldnt be able to reproduce.

I had posted about it a while back, now that would be crazi expensive..
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 06:45   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
aniguchisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,022
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
Also btw, a one of Pinanfarina Design Enzo(no longer looks like one) will debut in pebble beach this year, owned by Jim from NYC, he has spent 1mil to buy the car and 2-3 mil on changing it to look like the P4/5

It is going to be the most outrageously good looking and gound breaking car ever which even ferrari wouldnt be able to reproduce.

I had posted about it a while back, now that would be crazi expensive..
I CAN-FREAKING-NOT WAIT!!!
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The most expensive Golf ever - MK7 Golf R volkman10 The International Automotive Scene 9 22nd May 2015 08:08
Worlds most expensive Clamping-Koenigsegg CCXR and Lamborghini Murcielago SuperVeloce 1313 The International Automotive Scene 20 25th August 2010 22:28
The Most expensive Car detailing ever comfortablywacky The International Automotive Scene 8 28th April 2006 19:44
The Most Expensive Cars Ever tHe uNknOwN The International Automotive Scene 15 13th September 2005 22:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:23.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks