Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 8th October 2013, 17:28   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Mercedes SLS AMG could soon go out of production!

http://www.motoroids.com/news/merced...go-production/

"discontinuation of the SLS AMG woudl be filled by a smaller model that will be sold with a different name and could be launched in 2015."
jkdas is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2013, 11:25   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Mercedes SLS AMG could soon go out of production!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
"discontinuation of the SLS AMG woudl be filled by a smaller model that will be sold with a different name and could be launched in 2015."
That smaller model is the SLC

Check out some spy pics of the same;

Mercedes SLS AMG could soon go out of production!-newmercedesslcamg112.jpg

Name:  NewMercedesSLCAMG10.jpg
Views: 1096
Size:  45.0 KB

Mercedes SLS AMG could soon go out of production!-newmercedesslcamg42.jpg

Source

Speculative render;

Name:  MercSLC_3580x384.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  69.1 KB

^ Source

Also i fail to understand Mercedes' move to discontinue the SLS. I believe both the SLS & SLC can co-exist.

Last edited by karan561 : 9th October 2013 at 11:39.
karan561 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2013, 15:16   #3
E63
BANNED

I'm actually glad the SLS is going out of production.
It was never really a looker.
The gullwing doors were piss ugly and highly inconvenient. The convertible looked strictly okey-ish though.

And it was too soft to be a supercar(look at R8) and too small to be GT.

The only true supercar Merc has ever produced, IMO is the SL65 Black.
E63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 22:56   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

In the meanwhile SLS AMG facelift has been spotted on test;

Name:  spyshots2015mercedesslsamgfacelift690417.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  129.9 KB

Name:  spyshots2015mercedesslsamgfaceliftmedium_4.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  129.1 KB

Name:  spyshots2015mercedesslsamgfaceliftmedium_1.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  110.7 KB

Source

Last edited by karan561 : 16th October 2013 at 22:59.
karan561 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 07:22   #5
BHPian

Default Mercedes-Benz will discontinue the SLS AMG in 2014.

Introduced just three years ago, in 2010, Mercedes will launch a send-off special-edition—likely to be named Final Edition—SLS at the L.A. auto show next week.
Final Edition SLS will be the last of the gullwinged supercars, production of which will cease in the middle of next year.

Mercedes SLS AMG could soon go out of production!-2011mercedesbenzslsamgphoto351054s1280x782.jpg

The Final Edition SLS will be the last vehicle to feature the famous M159 engine, a naturally aspirated 6.2-liter V-8.
The forthcoming GT AMG will take over as the brand’s halo offering, though not a direct replacement.
It will feature a smaller, turbocharged V-8, but it will lose the SLS’s iconic, 300SL-inspired gullwing doors.

Sourced from Car and Driver, via Auto Motor and Sport

Last edited by sarathlal : 14th November 2013 at 07:23.
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 15:59   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Final edition revealed;

Name:  394724207952879413.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  28.2 KB

This special edition is distinguished by a carbon fiber hood and front splitter, along with a redesigned front bumper and new brakes.

Will be limited to 350 units

Source
karan561 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 16:07   #7
E63
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 15th November 2013 at 16:14.
E63 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 20th November 2013, 22:54   #8

Default Mercedes SLS AMG Final Edition

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT Final Edition has been officially unveiled at the 2013 Tokyo Motor Show and production of this gull-winged sports car will cease once the 350 limited edition cars are sold. Mercedes-Benz has left no stone unturned to give this car a fitting send off with the new Final Edition series. With numerous carbon-fibre body components, a further optimised aerodynamic balance and optional Cup tyres, the SLS AMG GT Final Edition has the absolute potential to fascinate.
The SLS Final Edition is powered by a 6.3-litre V8 front-mid engine producing peak output of 591 HP and 650 Nm of torque. The car accelerates from 0-100 km/hr in 3.7 seconds, 0-200 km/hr in 11.2 seconds and achieves an electronically limited top speed of 320 km/hr. The special design of the SLS AMG GT Final Edition ensures that it stands out in visual terms. The carbon-fibre effect on the bonnet, carbon-fibre front splitter, carbon-fibre rear aerofoil and the exclusive light AMG forged wheels add to the aesthetics of this gem of a car.
The Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT Final Edition will be available as either a coupe or roadster. The super responsive AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT 7-speed transmission perfectly complements the naturally aspirated V8 engine under the hood. The interior is made up of striking exclusive leather in diamond pattern used as upholstery on the Final Edition. A plaque indicating “AMG Final Edition – 1 of 350″ made up of carbon-fibre is found on the centre console.
The Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT Final Edition gets exclusively developed Dunlop Cup tyres in size 265/35 R19 (front) and 295/30 R20 (rear) on request as no-cost option. The prices are not yet announced and the car is expected to go on sale during March next year. Nevertheless, the SLS will be replaced by a new model codenamed C190 (SLC) which will compete with the Porsche 911 Turbo.

Read more at http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/merced...5RC41CkyRgO.99

Mercedes SLS AMG could soon go out of production!-mercedesbenzslsfinaleditionfront.jpg

Mercedes SLS AMG could soon go out of production!-mercedesbenzslsamgfinaleditionrear.jpg

Mercedes SLS AMG could soon go out of production!-mercedesbenzslsamgfinaleditioninteriors.jpg

Mercedes SLS AMG could soon go out of production!-mercedesbenzslsamgfinaleditionbadging.jpg

Mercedes SLS AMG could soon go out of production!-mercedesbenzslsamgfinaleditioncfhood.jpg

Mercedes SLS AMG could soon go out of production!-mercedesbenzslsamgfinaleditiongullwing.jpg
Ren8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2013, 20:17   #9
Team-BHP Support

Haha this is awesome! Check out the guy on the boot at 0:28.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AE
The RADO SLS AMG Twin Turbo is apparently making some 850 hp at the wheel on the dyno on low boost (3.8 pounds), with the car having already run on over 10 pounds of boost.
Source: Autoevolution
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2013, 20:40   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by E63 View Post
I'm actually glad the SLS is going out of production.
It was never really a looker.
The gullwing doors were piss ugly and highly inconvenient. The convertible looked strictly okey-ish though.

And it was too soft to be a supercar(look at R8) and too small to be GT.
I'm not a huge Mercedes fan, although I have and still own one. But I always did like the SLS. No, the gullwing doors were not practical, but I thought they were pretty cool. My daughter loves them!

I had the pleasure of driving one for about an hour and a half. I don't care if some might think it's not a super car or maybe not a GT. I can tell you that 90 minutes brought a huge smile on my face! It's a very unusual car, it stands out from the crowd, straight-line power is nothing to complain about and it is really, really comfortable. No idea what the definition of a GT is, but if you need to cruise across the US or Europe in this one, you could do a whole lot worse.

So I understand I need to get my order in quickly?

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2014, 18:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

Fly-Wheel.com released a new CGI of SLC AMG.

2015 Mercedes Benz SLC Rendered: http://fly-wheel.com/2015-mercedes-benz-slc-rendered/
Attached Images

hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote