Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 12th November 2013, 18:10   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Inside the heart of Hyundai - Namyang R&D Center, Museum, Car & Steel Plants

This is a spectacular coverage of Hyundai insights.

Hyundai's quality level's are top notch and the pictures talk the same.

Thanks for sharing
nidhin0816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 19:44   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Inside the heart of Hyundai - Namyang R&D Center, Museum, Car & Steel Plants

Not sure whether I can post this here, Hyundai Motor Corporation's chief technology officer, Mr.Kwon Moon Sik and two of his associates have been resigned from the company.

Some excerpts from the news source.

The resignations follow a series of recalls this year by Hyundai and its affiliate Kia Motors Corp., including more than 1.7 million vehicles in the U.S. for malfunctioning stop-lamp switches. The defects are a blow to Hyundai, which has striven for years to upgrade its image as a maker of cheap utilitarian cars, and follow a rapid expansion of production in new markets such as Brazil and China as it competes with Toyota Motor Corp.

Source:- Detroit News
MaxTorque is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 20:37   #33
BHPian

Wow that's one trip you might have had.
Super report and excellent pictorial presentation.
I feel Hyundai not only knows how to sell but they do care for the environment which is evident with their state of the art eco-friendly assembly line and production houses.
Thanks for sharing.
Sleeplessdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2013, 21:00   #34
Team-BHP Support

Wonderful coverage and amazing snaps! Thank you for this. Not sure how I missed it before.

Hyundai is a company that is willing to learn from the feedback from their customers and critics and implement useful suggestions. They have evolved a lot over the years from a mere Santro and Accent to a whole lot of cars that can rival other established players in the market. Hyundai's name is also synonymous with great after-sales service and customer support. Ask any layman when he intends to buy a car - the first options are usually a Maruti or a Hyundai! Now with the recent test facility at Nurburgring, things are going to get really interesting from here.

I've been told by a friend who works at HMIL Chennai, that a dedicated team of youngsters (usually freshers and graduates) are tasked with just browsing through review websites (ACI, Team-BHP, BSM etc.) after the launch of a car, to learn and understand the shortcomings reported by the critics and users, how can those be addressed in the future versions and so forth. VW and Skoda can definitely learn a thing or two from Hyundai IMO. Especially when it comes to customer support.

Oh and this image looked pretty high-tech! Like a terraformed colony in Mars!

Name:  STEEL3.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  131.2 KB
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2013, 00:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

Question Re: Inside the heart of Hyundai - Namyang R&D Center, Museum, Car & Steel Plants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I've been told by a friend who works at HMIL Chennai, that a dedicated team of youngsters (usually freshers and graduates) are tasked with just browsing through review websites (ACI, Team-BHP, BSM etc.) after the launch of a car, to learn and understand the shortcomings reported by the critics and users, how can those be addressed in the future versions and so forth.
If that was the case then they should have incorporated the MID in the i20 Fluidic facelift at least. I still can't digest those omission.
myavu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2013, 09:24   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I've been told by a friend who works at HMIL Chennai, that a dedicated team of youngsters (usually freshers and graduates) are tasked with just browsing through review websites (ACI, Team-BHP, BSM etc.) after the launch of a car, to learn and understand the shortcomings reported by the critics and users, how can those be addressed in the future versions and so forth. VW and Skoda can definitely learn a thing or two from Hyundai IMO. Especially when it comes to customer support.
This, I believe is not only in Hyundai but in other companies too. Some may not have dedicated teams but they follow us on a regular basis.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2013, 20:39   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post

I settled back into the ‘noiseless’ hum of the Hyundai iMAX minivan for an hour long ride to the Intercontinental Seoul Coex.
Bet you would've noticed a wifi terminal in the minivan! They're just everywhere in Korea!

I stayed at the same Hotel last year - hope you paid a visit to the Coex mall - a labyrinth, that place!

lovely report - I personally love the Kia design language. Even the Kia taxis in Seoul look amazing. What I found strange in Korea was the absolute lack of presence of Honda!
d_himan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2013, 21:27   #38
Team-BHP Support

Apologies for going OT here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
If that was the case then they should have incorporated the MID in the i20 Fluidic facelift at least. I still can't digest those omission.
The 2012 i20 does have an MID. Or did you confuse it with a different model?
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2013, 02:17   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The 2012 i20 does have an MID
i20 don't have instant mileage, average mileage, distance to empty options as standard.

Cheers!
myavu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2013, 18:13   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Bet you would've noticed a wifi terminal in the minivan! They're just everywhere in Korea!

I stayed at the same Hotel last year - hope you paid a visit to the Coex mall - a labyrinth, that place!

lovely report - I personally love the Kia design language. Even the Kia taxis in Seoul look amazing. What I found strange in Korea was the absolute lack of presence of Honda!
Ground realities are often different from what the media portrays. I used to interact with a number of korean families in Chennai (I think they rank as the highest number of expats here thanks to HMIL and their suppliers, we even have a full blown 'in seoul' korean restaurants with delightful meals ) principally as their banker.

What i could make out is that as a nation they have a friendlier/brotherly attitude towards north koreans and not so much towards the Japanese (to put it mildly) to the extent that people hardly buy Japanese cars in Korea. I think this also has something to do with the war and Japanese occupation (not sure about history here).

Anyway I just love their rice dish and watermelon for post lunch desserts!
Shortsell is offline   Reply With Quote