Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 23rd June 2006, 01:15   #1
Senior - BHPian
Default Don't sell parts to Hyundai: Toyota to it's vendors

Toyota, in the past, has admitted that it considers Hyundai as it's biggest rival and now, it seems like the Japanese major is getting desparate at Hyundai's rapidly rising reputation. Hence, Toyota, it seems, may consider ordering it's parts makers to stop selling auto componants to Hyundai. If need be, Toyota would also resort to increasing their share-holdings in affliates.

Toyota studies cars of the world by disassembling them to all pieces. It has been found of late that Hyundai suddenly expanded the use of Toyota-affiliated parts makers as its suppliers in recent years while it did not do so in the past.
A very interesting story : Link here.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2006, 07:49   #2
Team-BHP Support

Makes cold business sense really. If rhetorically, one of my bigger upcoming competitor(who hasd no self-developed standards and principles) adopts the short route toward quality by plugging into my vendor base - a vendor base thats a world leader in quality ingrained from the mother company, I too would pull out all stops to ensure protection of my IP.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote