Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2006, 01:52   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
1Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago/Delhi
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: Once
Default Ultima GTR Sets New World Record - But how?

Ultima GTR Sets New World Record (Source:worldcarfans.com)

How can they claim this, when CCX is the same time with a higher trap speed and i think the Saleen S7 TT is also the same time i believe...then how can they say it broke the world record?

but in any event this car looks pretty sad, who the hell designed it man..
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2006, 03:07   #2
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North America
Posts: 960
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Another link from rsportscars.com
http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/ultima_gtr.asp

It's just 0.1 secs slower than the 16.4 Veyron in the 0-60 mph timings.
A 720 HP LS7 certainly looks promising.
But for the overall 0-100-0 mph timing, it's the fastest in the world.
Cool stuff.
sujaylahiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2006, 03:22   #3
BHPian
 
ranjan united's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!
Posts: 409
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Did some poking around and indeed the Ultima GTR has the world's fastest standing quarter mile time - in production cars that is. As for design, i think it was designed by Lee Noble. yup, the same Lee Noble who is head of design for the Noble M14. sad design though.
ranjan united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2006, 09:37   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
islero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,574
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Lee Noble designed the Ultima?


Actually, it is possible, because this a relatively old design, has been around for some time now.
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2006, 10:00   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
1Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago/Delhi
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: Once
Default

is it that CCX and S7TT were never tested in front of witnesses thats y it doesnt count, cuz as far as i can read the CCX has been with that quater mile time since its existance and so has the S7 TT..
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2006, 12:06   #6
BHPian
 
ranjan united's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!
Posts: 409
Thanked: 2 Times
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
is it that CCX and S7TT were never tested in front of witnesses thats y it doesnt count, cuz as far as i can read the CCX has been with that quater mile time since its existance and so has the S7 TT..
I think you are right. Coz after the Ultima GTR, the Enzo Ferrari has the second best time and we do know that the CCX (i am not sure about the S7TT - havent checked) is faster quarter-mile on a standing start. Guess you have to undergo a lot of tests and regulations and stuff - and that can often be a very lengthy process and a pain in the rear.
ranjan united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2006, 13:21   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Lets not forget nissan is jointly being run by renault(One of the F1 pioneers if you know) and Nissan( makers of the best tuner/drag/performance/sports sedan the skyline)

So such a thing is only expected.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2006, 15:48   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
islero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,574
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

What do Renault and Nissan have to do with this thread?
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2006, 20:24   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

WHoops!!!

My bad. I didnt read the article. Thoght it to be the Nissan Altima GT-R which had been in news sometime before with for a 600+ something engine.

THis ones mindblowing.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2006, 12:57   #10
BHPian
 
turbo_v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thane
Posts: 457
Thanked: Once
Default

Me did some poking around too and here is what I found on the net:

1. Saleen S7 TT : 0-60 mph :- 2.8 sec (really?)
0-100 mph - 6.0 sec (now what sense does that make?)
Quarter mile - 10.7 secs

2. Koenigsegg CCR : 0-60 mph :- 3.2 sec
Quarter mile :- 9.0 secs

Now if I ain't mistaken, the CCR is/was a poduction car right? In that case, the CCR should own the world record.

@1Day:- Stats show that the Ultima beat the S7TT by almost a second.
turbo_v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2006, 13:08   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
1Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago/Delhi
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12
Me did some poking around too and here is what I found on the net:

1. Saleen S7 TT : 0-60 mph :- 2.8 sec (really?)
0-100 mph - 6.0 sec (now what sense does that make?)
Quarter mile - 10.7 secs

2. Koenigsegg CCR : 0-60 mph :- 3.2 sec
Quarter mile :- 9.0 secs

Now if I ain't mistaken, the CCR is/was a poduction car right? In that case, the CCR should own the world record.

@1Day:- Stats show that the Ultima beat the S7TT by almost a second.

I dont think 10.7 for S7TT was manufacturer's claim, its a mag test which usualy means they dont know how to drive, the Z06 with a lot less power(-245) and more weight(+200lb) is doing 11.3 in perfect launches, which means the S7TT should be in atleast 1.5 secs quicker if not more...

Anyhow, also the CCR is now replaced by CCX which koenigseeg claims to do 9.9 which means some guy can actually pull off a better time, again its 800+hp and less weight than the Z06...anyhow..I guess its just no one has taken an official time for the 1/4 mile on these cars...
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 10:49   #12
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 474
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Ultima GTR9.9secs @143mph
Ferrari Enzo11.1secs@133mph
Porsche Carrera GT11.3secs@131mph
McLaren F111.6secs@125mph
Saleen S711.8secs@119mph
Porsche Ruf R Turbo11.9secs@122mph
Lamborghini Murcielago12.0secs@121mph
Ford GT4012.2secs@121mph
Lamborghini Gallardo12.3secs@117mph
Porsche 996 Turbo12.4secs@115mph
Porsche 911 GT312.4secs@113mph
Ferrari 36012.9secs@110mph
Corvette C513.4secs@107mph
Honda NSX13.4secs@105mph
Porsche Boxster S14.2secs@99mph

The Ultima GTR is a Very Nice looking car. I can only tell you one thing & that is that this car has Insane Power. If you are not careful the car wants to spin around & if you did lose the car, the tyres have lost total grip. You will have to change the tyres & buy new ones. Very Dangerous Car indeed but looks so great & goes like a bomb.
supercars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 11:07   #13
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,602 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
Ultima GTR9.9secs @143mph
Ferrari Enzo11.1secs@133mph
Porsche Carrera GT11.3secs@131mph
McLaren F111.6secs@125mph
Saleen S711.8secs@119mph
Porsche Ruf R Turbo11.9secs@122mph
Lamborghini Murcielago12.0secs@121mph
Ford GT4012.2secs@121mph
Lamborghini Gallardo12.3secs@117mph
Porsche 996 Turbo12.4secs@115mph
Porsche 911 GT312.4secs@113mph
Ferrari 36012.9secs@110mph
Corvette C513.4secs@107mph
Honda NSX13.4secs@105mph
Porsche Boxster S14.2secs@99mph

The Ultima GTR is a Very Nice looking car. I can only tell you one thing & that is that this car has Insane Power. If you are not careful the car wants to spin around & if you did lose the car, the tyres have lost total grip. You will have to change the tyres & buy new ones. Very Dangerous Car indeed but looks so great & goes like a bomb.
Where is the Bugatti Veyron EB16:4? Where is the Koenigsegg CCX and CCR and the CCXR? Where is the Pagani Zonda F? Where is the Porsche 959? The Jag XJ220? The Porsche 9ff GT9?

This is a very old list!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 13:37   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,455
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Bump, bump! You have just opened a two and half year old thread.
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 13:41   #15
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,055
Thanked: 6,602 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Bump, bump! You have just opened a two and half year old thread.
But Jaya,

Have a look a the time of the post above mine. This thread caught my eye when I saw a fresh post!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Koenigsegg Agera R sets Guiness world record for 0-300-0 km/h Scorcher The International Automotive Scene 3 1st December 2011 19:09
ULTIMA GTR destroys TOP GEARS quickest turbolader The International Automotive Scene 18 27th October 2007 01:29
MARUTI ALTO SETS NEW RECORD... Breaks 800's record set in 2003... CrAzY dRiVeR The Indian Car Scene 4 7th December 2006 04:53
Ever heard of Ultima GTR??? Ace_Racer The International Automotive Scene 16 18th July 2006 22:40
Ultima GTR-640! Fastest accelerating and decelerating production car Gordon The International Automotive Scene 3 4th August 2005 19:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks