Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 20th March 2014, 11:53   #16
Default Re: Photologue: BMW Welt, Museum and Plant @ Munich

Amazing coverage..although I think this is a BMW 1M Safety car
Attached Images
Rokztar is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2014, 17:58   #17

Thank you so much for sharing these pictures.

BMW is my ultimate car and by sharing these pictures brought many a smile!
shashi63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2014, 18:24   #18

A detailed and well-illustrated photologue! The Germans have the first-mover advantage in the world automotive scenario, and no doubt that they have been able to build a premium image for their vehicles. But one thing I wonder is that why they can't design vehicles keeping in mind the awful state of roads in India, which is also coincidentally one of their fastest growing markets. The road conditions in Germany and Japan are equally good. But if the Japanese can make reliable cars for Indian roads, why can't the Germans do it? Like many others, I am also fascinated by the halo of a German brand, as it also conveys that you have actually arrived (in style!). But one thing that I can't withstand is "unreliability". I have first-hand experience on this as I own both a German brand as well as a Japanese brand. My next car will definitely be a Japanese car if I am in India! Because if I am going on a pleasure trip outside Mumbai with my wife and kid, I know that my Japanese war horse will bring me back home, while I don't have that much confidence in my German showpiece, it might leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere (actually it has happened with me twice or thrice when I am stranded near Nashik and Mahabaleshwar, trapped in my German luxury!).
debmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 13:17   #19

i am very proud that BMW invited team bhp for this amazing must visit place. thanks parry for sharing the awesome pictures and write up. i guess i did not blink while going through this article. thanks again.
Sweet Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote