Mercedes-Benz kept the G-wagen looks, as is for 35 years. Now, they are all set to make some extensive changes, which in effect, be an all-new vehicle. Some key highlights:
- 3.0-liter, inline-six-cylinder gasoline (codenamed M256) and diesel (OM656)
- new nine-speed 9G-Tronic automatic gearbox
- To be wider by 4 more inches.
- All new aluminum and high strength steel frame.
- Lesser by 400 pounds
- New powertrains, electronics
- Three- or four-link suspension setup
- modern electromechanical steering system
- Interiors are rumored to be heavily inspired by the new C-class.