Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 18th July 2006, 01:00   #1
BHPian

Question Ever heard of Ultima GTR???

Hi Guys

I been reading about the topics you guys post but nobody ever mentioned about a car called ultima GTR. Have anyone heard of that car???? Will post about that car later!!!

Thanks
Ace
Ace_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2006, 03:15   #2
BHPian

Bloody awesome cars!

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/forum.asp?f=20&h=0

Check out the world records!

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/
Ashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2006, 04:34   #3
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ght=ultima+gtr (Ultima GTR Sets New World Record - But how?)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ght=ultima+gtr (Ultima GTR-640! Fastest accelerating and decelerating production car)

Here are two previous discussions on the car on Team-BHP.
ranjan united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2006, 06:07   #4
BHPian

Well I read that post but we are just comparing that it faster or slower this car or that car but anyone having any idea how much this car cost. May be this car will cost you only 30-35 lacks on indian roads after paying all taxes and duties. Ever thought about this that you can own a car which can smoke a ENZO just for this much of cost.
Old 18th July 2006, 06:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

but surely...it has another record...

guess what??

Being the ugliest car in the world...
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2006, 07:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

Heard of, seen and heard in person. Ugly, sounds nice, ugly, very fast, but did I mention, it's ugly?
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2006, 08:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Racer
Well I read that post but we are just comparing that it faster or slower this car or that car but anyone having any idea how much this car cost. May be this car will cost you only 30-35 lacks on indian roads after paying all taxes and duties. Ever thought about this that you can own a car which can smoke a ENZO just for this much of cost.
Yeah, but wont the car be even more inaapropriate for our roads than the Enzo? It would be just impossible to drive smoothly here.
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2006, 12:10   #8
BHPian

Ugly or not....One of THE BEST track day cars on the planet today....

And for the price....theres nothing that comes close...

You buy one of these things as a third car (the wife's car being the second)

Like you said...its not meant for our roads...unless one has a chiropractor handy!!!!

Last edited by R32_GTR : 18th July 2006 at 12:13.
R32_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2006, 12:37   #9
BHPian

Cool

Well may be you say it's the ugliest car but how many people in India can dare to purchase a ENZO in India may be you can count then on your fingers but as far as GTR is concerned may be few of us can afford that may be it's not as exotic as ferrari's or Lambo's but the performance figures,it gives is out of this world. It reminds me of a scene from Fast and Furious the ferrari guy says "more than you can afford pal" and Supra smack his a** right there, that's what I think this car can do to any ferrari or lamo or even a Mclaren F1. Some of us also said that it's not meant for Indian roads so that means no supercars are meant for Indian roads.

Last edited by Ace_Racer : 18th July 2006 at 12:40.
Old 18th July 2006, 12:39   #10
BANNED

i think it s beautiful.. anything dat can do thse time can share livin space wid me anyday..
janeckozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2006, 13:18   #11
BHPian

That car is so ugly... i dont care how good it performs !!!
Old 18th July 2006, 18:21   #12
BHPian

It doesnt look all that bad after reading about its performance, I am sure I could live with the not so good looks... if I get the kind of performance numbers mentioned

Besides the view from inside the car would be ultimate doing 0-60 in 2.6 seconds! Who cares what it looks like from outside
DaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2006, 18:52   #13
BHPian

Question

Well BHPians can anyone of you tell me why anyone in this world buy any exotics. Is it something they spend crores of rupees just to show of their car or is it something that they want to rule the road.????
Old 18th July 2006, 19:00   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Racer
Well BHPians can anyone of you tell me why anyone in this world buy any exotics. Is it something they spend crores of rupees just to show of their car or is it something that they want to rule the road.????
Its different reasons for different people: For some its the need for speed, for some its the need to show off, for some its a way of getting around a mid-life crisis. There is no definite reason. I wouldnt mind buying one myself - for the sheer thrill of going fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPilot
Besides the view from inside the car would be ultimate doing 0-60 in 2.6 seconds! Who cares what it looks like from outside
You do have a point. In my defence, I would like to quote Jeremy Clarkson : "Its like saying that the girl you are going out with is talented, witty and extremely intelligent. Only problem is, she has a beard." (Clarkson's opinion on the Mazda 6's front grill, which personally, I dont think is that bad at all). Pretty much sums up the Ultima for me.

Last edited by ranjan united : 18th July 2006 at 19:04.
Old 18th July 2006, 19:03   #15
BHPian

Talking

May be you are right I cannot afford a ferrari or a lambo today but certainly I can afford a GTR, may be I'll buy it soon may be.........keep guessing.