Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 13th September 2014, 11:14   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post

Using colorful adjectives to support one's point of view doesn't establish reality or facts. Just helps in establishing that there aren't any valid points to counter a view or prove a statement.

Why be personal? Just because I spoke against needell in the same tone as you did against Clarkson?
By the by, those words are what I've learnt, so you can expect the same colorful ones when defending a good serving of chhole bhature as well.
All I can say is that TV caters to a huge populace. Being "factual" has brought in more viewership for tg, than fifth can ever hope to.

For supposedly valid points, do take a look at tgs level of success, and the remainder's. Should be valid enough for any body.

And for further clarity, nobody ever defended, or watched, the current generation of tg for being "in the know" about autos.
As is also being mentioned by most fans on this thread as well.

Last edited by mayankk : 13th September 2014 at 11:19.
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2014, 15:13   #62
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Rumour: Top Gear to replace Jeremy Clarkson

Seems like some are getting way off topic here. Anyways the man himself Mr. Jeremy has just declared that he is not going anywhere and will continue to host the show early next year.
stanjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2014, 15:58   #63
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Rumour: Top Gear to replace Jeremy Clarkson

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
Using colorful adjectives to support one's point of view doesn't establish reality or facts. Just helps in establishing that there aren't any valid points to counter a view or prove a statement.
TG themselves have admitted that they don't venture into details and facts. They bring to the table, entertainment peppered with racism and colour adjectives. Oh, and a little bit of cars as well! That is what TG is all about.

If you want facts and reality, watch Fifth Gear. They don't lack in the entertainment department either.

Different strokes for different folks.

For the record, I'd take Fifth Gear any day over Top Gear.
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2014, 17:04   #64
BHPian

OK let me tell what JC leaving TG will mean, in the words of JC himself,

"a reminder of the time when mankind temporarily took leave of its senses..."

None of the words he used, that have been graded racist, have actually been said with the intent of being racist. They have been said with the intent of being funny. Have we become so stiff and inflexible that we can not tolerate a man trying to be funny. For all his faults, we know that the man excels in what he strives for, bringing laughs to the people. In almost all the cases where the man has been accused of being racist, the accusers have been nothing more than people who need to get in the news for some reason or other and Clarkson seems to be a soft target.
Mohitkumaar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2014, 23:54   #65
BHPian

Well I guess JC will be still involved with TG as per this news report and JC himself has termed it as a rumour and goes on to say

"There has been a lot of stuff in the newspapers recently about the future of Top Gear.

"Some seem to think there isn't one. But I can assure you, there is. There are also those who think I won't be part of it.

"Well, sorry, but I am. Unless I am eaten by a pack of wild dogs before the next series starts early next year."

More about this can be read from this link

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/...oPRJRlZJUTQJeY

Last edited by benbsb29 : 22nd September 2014 at 09:09. Reason: Removed color tags from post.
kiran_cr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2014, 09:08   #66
Senior - BHPian

Anyone who doesn't like a particular program/ presenter/ point of view, can always vote with his/her remote can't they?

Personally to me, TG sans JC is like Toast without Butter or Scrambled eggs without Bacon. Basically not worth it!
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2014, 12:48   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Anyone who doesn't like a particular program/ presenter/ point of view, can always vote with his/her remote can't they?

Personally to me, TG sans JC is like Toast without Butter or Scrambled eggs without Bacon. Basically not worth it!
Agreed 100%
TG without JC is just unimaginable.
Raosaheb Desai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2014, 14:11   #68
BHPian

Looks like that's just a rumor. Even BBC wouldn't want to take that risk. Attaching two screen shots. A tweet from Chris Evans and an article snap from what Jeremy had to say.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1410770477.257658.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  114.2 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1410770489.055857.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  224.8 KB
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2014, 12:51   #69
BHPian

Top Gear without Jeremy Clarkson would be more like TImes Now without Arnab Goswami.
The fun factor would be down to zero.
And it might need the replacement for him to fill in some vry large shoes.
maverick.munish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 11:09   #70
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday at Delhi Int airport, on my way to the Netherlands, I picked up a copy of the October UK TopGear magazine.

Jeremy's column has a special "NB" at the end. It says, and I quote:

Quote:
There has been a lot of stuff in the newspapers recently about the future of TopGear. Some seem t think there isn't one. But I can assure you, there is.

There are also those who think I won't be part of it. Well sorry. But I am. Unless I am eaten by a pack of wild dogs before the next series starts early next year
Sounds like Jezza alright.

Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 22:50   #71
BHPian

I can't imagine TG without Jezza, Hamster and captain slow there is absolutely nothing that can match the chemistry between the three.
ron_9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 23:25   #72
Senior - BHPian

Although he's gone on to say he is here, he's out a validation too. Maybe the bosses did contemplate.
Attached Images

mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2014, 08:52   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Well I guess JC will be still involved with TG as per this news report and JC himself has termed it as a rumour and goes on to say ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Looks like that's just a rumor. Even BBC wouldn't want to take that risk. Attaching two screen shots. A tweet from Chris Evans and an article snap from what Jeremy had to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Yesterday at Delhi Int airport, on my way to the Netherlands, I picked up a copy of the October UK TopGear magazine.

Jeremy's column has a special "NB" at the end. It says, and I quote:
Saw the same thing from his FB account yesterday night. So that settles it I guess.

Name:  jctopgear.PNG
Views: 221
Size:  18.1 KB
Dry Ice is online now   Reply With Quote