Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 4th August 2006, 01:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Kia website tops J.D.Power Canada survey.

J.D.Power Canada's first survey on automakers websites concludes that the easier to navigate and more useful their websites are, the more likely would-be buyers will head into showrooms for a test drive.

The top 5 websites were Kia, Hyundai, Mazda, Audi and Volvo.

The lowest ranked were Suzuki, Lexus, Smart, Suburu and Mercedes-Benz. Looks like Mercedes can't get anything right nowadays! In US, Hummer topped the survey.

Full Story here.

Wonder what the results would be in India..

Last edited by amit : 4th August 2006 at 01:39.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2006, 03:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

A company that has too much time to make a website, can't surely make good cars. It's like Chevrolet boasting about their extra cupholder for their Aveo, in the UK.

But I agree, MB has plummeted downhill. I still love the S class though.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2006, 11:40   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Boy, North American will survey on just about everything. But it probably makes sense due to the net-friendliness of that market.

Content is King with any website. Design etc. etc. come secondary. White may not seem outstanding, but it pleases everyone as a website background colour.

Good job Kia. Just checked your website out.

Quote:
A company that has too much time to make a website, can't surely make good cars.
The department that is in charge of the website is not the same as the one that "make" cars. I would disagree with your statement.

Last edited by GTO : 4th August 2006 at 11:43.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2006, 12:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Boy, North American will survey on just about everything. But it probably makes sense due to the net-friendliness of that market.

Content is King with any website. Design etc. etc. come secondary. White may not seem outstanding, but it pleases everyone as a website background colour.

Good job Kia. Just checked your website out.

The department that is in charge of the website is not the same as the one that "make" cars. I would disagree with your statement.
Obviously, it was only humour from my end. Kudos to Kia for making an aesthetically-friendly website, but the thing is, their cars are still pretty much standard/sub-standard. Perhaps in a bid to sell more cars, they've utilised drastic means to improve their website? Who knows...
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote