Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 28th March 2015, 10:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Thailand: Suzuki Ciaz 'Aero' showcased. India launch likely

Maruti debuted the Ciaz concept in India at the 2014 Delhi auto expo. While the concept was outlandish and an attention grabber, the production model is docile as expected. Recently, the Ciaz was spotted with a sporty body kit that included more aggressively styled bumpers, side skirting and a boot mounted spoiler. While a launch in India is still up for speculation, the car has just been showcased at the Bangkok motor show.

Dubbed the Ciaz RS in India, the car showcased at the Bangkok motor show was labelled the Ciaz Aero, according the report by Indian Autos Blog. The Ciaz Aero sports tweaked front and rear bumpers, along with custom side skirts. The car also features a large boot mounted spoiler with a brake stop light, while the alloy wheels get a dull grey/matte finish. Overall, the exterior styling cues are very similar to that of the test mule spotted in India. On the inside, the car sports a black dashboard and black leather upholstery.

The Ciaz Aero is exclusively a cosmetic upgrade and the car features no mechanical alterations. If brought to India, it will continue with the same engine and transmission options as the regular Ciaz and it will most likely be based on the top end manual transmission variants. Prices could be higher by Rs 65,000-95,000.

Tushar is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2015, 11:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Thailand: Suzuki Ciaz 'Aero' showcased. India launch likely

Looks nonsense, like most of Maruti's kitted and add on RS and music infested models. Look at that spoiler, hideous !

Last edited by humyum : 28th March 2015 at 11:31.
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2015, 11:31   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

The added styling does not cut any ice, at least with me. The spoiler and the added skirting, esp the side profile looks out of place for the car. Ciaz, plain and simple looks better than this spruced up offering.
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2015, 11:36   #4
BHPian

Looks good IMHO. But, dollops of chrome and sportiness don't go hand in hand. Some chrome bits say for eg. the handles could have been blackened/ body colored..

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
MetalBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2015, 11:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
The added styling does not cut any ice, at least with me. The spoiler and the added skirting, esp the side profile looks out of place for the car. Ciaz, plain and simple looks better than this spruced up offering.
+1 to your views Saket.

Nothing that cant be done as an after market 2 hour job.
Even I am of the opinion that the stock looks much better than this.

Moreover, with high speed breakers and poor road infrastructure, the skirts can kiss the tarmac more often than not!!
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2015, 17:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Is it just me or the seats seem like they have additional side bolstering compared to the Indian variant? I feel this for every car abroad, I don't know why though!
amit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2015, 02:53   #7
BHPian

Rather than these cosmetic changes better Maruti add a turbo to the 1.4 liter petrol engine and bump it from 90bhp to 120-130 bhp, just like what Fiat did to the Linea petrol and changed the sluggish 1.4 liter petrol to a hoot to drive car! Enthusiasts will surely love it more than these cosmetic changes!

Last edited by Samba : 30th March 2015 at 03:02.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2015, 10:36   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Is it just me or the seats seem like they have additional side bolstering compared to the Indian variant? I feel this for every car abroad, I don't know why though!
Well caught, the seats are different indeed! Could this also be a part of the upgrade or the need to have somewhat better safety standards outside India? Or maybe just something they have added to the "show" car which will never make it to production anywhere.
latentpotential is offline   Reply With Quote