Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 30th June 2015, 12:40   #31
Default Re: Russian "Stop a Douchebag" movement disciplines errant drivers

Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
Such acts are legally not allowed simply because 'Quis custodiet ipsos custodes'; "Who will guard the guards?", who is to be the judge of right or wrong.

I remember Delhi police had come out with a traffic warden scheme, which appointed people from all walks of life to help regulate traffic, however these wardens had started using the elevated status as a license to start breaking the very rules they were appointed to enforce. Don't know where they ended up with the scheme ultimately.

And that is the reason why I have not seconded it in its entirety, i.e. my support is subjected to terms and conditions !

Coming from a country, where, perpetually, the leaders are ready to provoke and the masses are ready to get provoked, I am well aware of the pervert consequences of any such law that arises from whims and fancies of an individual/group.

I was just theorizing why such acts of rabble rousing attract a lot of mass attention.
poised2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2015, 19:25   #32
Default Re: Russian "Stop a Douchebag" movement disciplines errant drivers

A guy got seriously injured in the latest video.
Sad to see that some people are willing to put other peoples' lives in danger just to save a couple minutes of their time.

Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote