Team-BHP - 9 killed in fight between bikers in Texas
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   9 killed in fight between bikers in Texas (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/163984-9-killed-fight-between-bikers-texas.html)

Never knew bikers could have rival gang who would fight to kill each other. In layman terms bikers love biking exploring new places etc.

Really a sad news.

Quote:

Police in Waco, Texas, said on Sunday that gunfire at a local restaurant resulted in multiple deaths and injuries, and local media reported that nine people were killed in the fight which broke out between rival biker gangs.

The shootings took place at an eatery called Twin Peaks Sports Bar and Grill in a shopping area called the Central Texas Market Place area, the Waco Police Department said on its Facebook page.

No officers were injured in the incident, police said.

Source:

TOI : 9 killed in fight between bikers in Texas
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/w...w/47322532.cms via @timesofindia

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_kej (Post 3709050)
Never knew bikers could have rival gang who would fight to kill each other. In layman terms bikers love biking exploring new places etc.

That’s the US Gun Culture for you; probably the biker thing in the heading caught your attention. But we all know the amount of shooting that happens in US schools.

It is indeed very sad news as a biker and as human being, but somehow US does not seem to have proper licensing process like Canada; I am not saying Canada does not have such incidents, but US is all the time in news for such crazy incidents.

Here is a picture of the bikes involved in the incident:

9 killed in fight between bikers in Texas-harleydavidsonfight.png
source: NYTimes

This is common in America, each area has its gangs. There was a program that used to air on Discovry Turbo called Devils Ride, This gave an insight into the lives of the bike gangs, their wars and their struggle to gain more territory.

For all those in suprise, chalo lets get Sons of Anarchy and start wondering if this is real. This is but a segment of their society and should not be taken that all Americans are like this...
Ownership of guns is allowed by their Constitution and that in no way allows them to shoot and kill- that is a behavioral issue.
There are dozens if not hundreds of such gangs in the US, and this is one such incident- tragic as it may be... is not the daily breakfast news item.

Quote:

Originally Posted by outofthebox (Post 3709132)

Attachment 1371784

Looking at the above picture it seems they have lovely machines but totally used for a wrong purpose.

This incident reminds me of the Bollywood movie 'Josh'

It is not for more no reason that bikers have a bad name in USA.
RIP to people who have lost their lives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by outofthebox (Post 3709132)

Attachment 1371784

I counted 2 dead bikers in this photo.

Odd, that the police did not cover up the bodies.

Some biker gangs can be real brutal. These are absolutely fearless of cops & the (strict) US legal system. A related thread.

During one of my trips to US, I was invited by my colleague for dinner(he is kind of red neck, but a very senior guy in good position). After dinner he showed me his gun and knife collection. He has around 20+ guns and couple of good knifes(samurai and typical western knifes etc). He even makes his own bullets it seems. I am aware of American gun culture, but was shocked to see so many.

Later at the dinner table, we were having conversation and I asked him, why do you need so many guns. He said, "Our constitution allows us to have a gun and this also helps in keeping govt on it toes. Governemnt will be in fear that anytime, people can revolt against them. That was how we got freedom."

Still its difficult to digest their Gun Culture.

A brutal incident indeed ! Another link here from CNN with a few more pictures. They have not clicked the bikes or the bikers for the reasons known to them, but the restaurant is well seen.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/17/us/texas-shooting/

I read and watched a few more news items about this incident. Apparently this has been a deep rooted problem for many years in the US and the five gangs involved have had several other incidents in the past. About 200 have been arrested according to various news accounts.

Here is a file shot of one of the involved gang's members from a heavy.com article.

They are pretty organised in terms of branding, websites and a weird fascination for exotic bikes.

9 killed in fight between bikers in Texas-bandidos.jpg

If you observe the 1% patch on the jacket, apparently it is meant to signify that 99% of American bike riders are law abiding citizens and they belong to the rest 1%

Quote:

An extract from the article:

Police said there were at least 100 bikers at the scene and at least five gangs involved. Swanton said the argument started over a parking issue.
More than 100 weapons were recovered at the scene.
“We were in marked cars. They knew we were here, they knew that we’ve been here at their past events. And it mattered not to them,” Swanton said at a news conference, which was posted online by KXXV. “That tells you the kind of level of people we’re dealing with.”
The police department’s spokesman, Sgt. Patrick Swanton, was clear about who the bikers are after a reporter said one of the bikers claimed that they are clubs, not gangs.
“They are a biker gang. We know exactly who they are,” Swanton said at a televised news conference. “A bunch of criminal element biker members that came to Waco and tried to instill violence into our community and unfortunately did just that.”
“These are criminals on Harley-Davidsons,” he said.
There are some more drone shots of the scene from this local news broadcast video:
(headsup: some graphic content)
http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/W...304043711.html

Mod note: Thread moved to International Automotive Scene.