Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene


View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?
Mercedes E63 5 16.13%
BMW M5 24 77.42%
Audi S6 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2006, 15:02   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
aniguchisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,022
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok
Can you guess which one I'd choose?
I'd be danged if it's the E60.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2006, 15:46   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok
Can you guess which one I'd choose?
Hmmm I think it would be anything but the M5. Right Ashok?

But yeah for me too it would have to be the M5 nothing comes close.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2006, 16:58   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 146
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I'd easily pick the E60.
The S6 is great, but its just too subdued and gets beaten in every aspect other than maybe the interior when compared to the E63 and M5. Now get a new RS6 into question and you're talking (not released yet but speculated to have around 550 bhp)

The E63? Well It'll be great, thats for sure, but the M5 has it beaten in every aspect other than maybe comfort. I like the style of the 5 more as its more 'my age'. The E is very classy looking, but I like the brash character of the M5.

P.S. - I'd choose the CLS63 over all three of these cars. It's just perfect. Amazing handling, lots of power, great comfort, and on top of that looks really really amazing.
Guess? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2006, 18:04   #19
BHPian
 
heelntoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: navi mumbai
Posts: 240
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess?
P.S. - I'd choose the CLS63 over all three of these cars. It's just perfect. Amazing handling, lots of power, great comfort, and on top of that looks really really amazing.
if the cls was a choice then it would be the best option but out of these three i would choose the E because i really dont like the looks of the m5. i am with rtech on this one most of these futuristic designs that are comming out now will get old real fast.

Last edited by heelntoe : 7th July 2006 at 18:05.
heelntoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2006, 19:57   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
1Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago/Delhi
Posts: 1,357
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess?
I'd easily pick the E60.
The S6 is great, but its just too subdued and gets beaten in every aspect other than maybe the interior when compared to the E63 and M5. Now get a new RS6 into question and you're talking (not released yet but speculated to have around 550 bhp)

The E63? Well It'll be great, thats for sure, but the M5 has it beaten in every aspect other than maybe comfort. I like the style of the 5 more as its more 'my age'. The E is very classy looking, but I like the brash character of the M5.

P.S. - I'd choose the CLS63 over all three of these cars. It's just perfect. Amazing handling, lots of power, great comfort, and on top of that looks really really amazing.
I hope they change the CLS handling char to make it more sporty, but i guess that wouldnt happen, I drove the CLS 55 and didnt like the driving, drove the M5, and now that was COOL!!, thats y i said driving dynamics from the M5 and style from the CLS..that would be a great combo and like MPower said, we should have our prayers answered with the panemera..I sure hope so...

I hope the panemera is a good looking car..may be the Aston Rapide will do the same but at a much much higher price point..
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2006, 21:47   #21
BHPian
 
Fuelled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: delhi
Posts: 252
Thanked: Once
Default

I'l take the merc any day.

the performance is too yummy to ignore ;-D
Fuelled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2006, 21:55   #22
Jay
BHPian
 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 819
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK
I think its just you
I'll take the M5 please
.... M5 for me too....
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2006, 08:05   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
islero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,574
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day

I hope the panemera is a good looking car..may be the Aston Rapide will do the same but at a much much higher price point..

I'm pretty sure the Panamera is going to be ugly, but will be a best seller, like what happened to the cayenne.

The Rapide I cannot wait to see. Along with CLS, Arnage and Quattroporte, it will be the most beautiful saloon car on sale today.
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2006, 16:23   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
aniguchisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,022
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
I'm pretty sure the Panamera is going to be ugly, but will be a best seller, like what happened to the cayenne.

The Rapide I cannot wait to see. Along with CLS, Arnage and Quattroporte, it will be the most beautiful saloon car on sale today.
It won't be ugly. It'll be controversial, I hope.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2006, 16:40   #25
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Audi is the car! S6 is a jewel.
Beemer is not for me! (I dont want to be Bangled)
Merc sits in between these 2.

For India, I'll choose Merc without any further questions.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2006, 19:54   #26
BHPian
 
turbo_v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thane
Posts: 457
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok
Can you guess which one I'd choose?

You would choose the Merc E63 or AUDI S6, right?
turbo_v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2006, 18:13   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
hanmust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calicut
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 100 Times
Default E63 vs M5 vs S6

[IMG]<a href=[/IMG]

Autobild tested the exotic three luxury sports machines, Mercedes E63 AMG, BMW M5 & Audi S6. The result was as follows:

1st place: MB E63 AMG
2nd place: Audi S6
3rd place: BMW M5

E63 is the best all-roundner - offering best balance between comfortable & sporty driving. Best engine sound. The most powerful engine, with mos proper transmission. Chasis & steering not as precise as M5, nor stabile like S6.

S6 has very good chasis offering ultra-strong grip & traction (especially in long & fast curves) due quattro, but is not fun to drive in short curves due to quattro & weight. Gearbox is good, but brakes are weak and suspension uncomfortable.

M5 has the sportiest engine, very fine tuned chasis offering best driving dynamic, the most precise steering. Best car for curves. 3rd place due SMG & iDrive (SMG too jerky & unfriendly for daily ride, 7-speed manual mode an over-kill, too many complicated settings: POWER, EDC, DSC & SMG; unintuitive iDrive).

[COLOR=#000000]http://www.autobild.de/test/neuwagen...rtikel_seite=0[/COLOR]
hanmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2006, 18:18   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,763
Thanked: 89,537 Times
Default

Quote:
M5 has the sportiest engine, very fine tuned chasis offering best driving dynamic, the most precise steering. Best car for curves.
Exactly! The M5 is my pick. Added a poll to your thread.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2006, 18:44   #29
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 74
Thanked: Once
Default

Come on guys, what a daft comparison... the M5 is miles better.
Ashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2006, 18:53   #30
BHPian
 
vino's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 29
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I'm a fan of M5, but I don't that M5 only can be the best at any time?..I totally disagree..try to accept the change..S6 has improved, E63 also improved a lot..M5 may improve..but at present the competitors is far better..so lets accept it..

Considering many aspects I vote for E63 & if there is a chance to vote for 2nd, I'll certainly give it to M5..
vino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AMG teaser: Mercedes AMG Models: SL63, E63, C63, S65, SLK55, CLS63 sidindica Super-Cars & Imports in India 167 13th March 2014 20:55
2010 Mercedes E63 AMG hanmust The International Automotive Scene 15 28th April 2011 14:26
7 Series (E63?) GrimReaper Super-Cars & Imports in India 4 6th October 2005 22:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks