Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 28th May 2015, 23:51   #1
BHPian

Cool Triumph Bonneville 'Venom' at London Comic Con 2015

When will our Comic Cons get this cool?

The Triumph Bonneville Venom LE revealed at this week's London Comic Con:

Triumph Bonneville 'Venom' at London Comic Con 2015-triumphvenom.jpg

Quote:
Venom is based on the Bonneville T100 ridden by character Snake in Metal Gear Solid V, and was created in-house by the Triumph team. There are no mirrors, speedo, or rev counter, and it wears aggressive go-anywhere Continental TKC80 tyres, while the stock saddle has been cut down and refinished in Sneaking Suit neoprene and carbon Kevlar leather, inspired by Snake’s combat wear. A heavy duty ammo rack loops around the back of the saddle, offering both protection and somewhere secure to bolt down an extra case or two of rounds.

A yellowed-out JVB Rumbler headlight and external heavy-duty fork springs give an aggressive dimension to the front end, exaggerated by the lack of front mudguard. At the rear, the cut-down guard and exclamation mark tail-light add to the individuality of the machine, while colour-coded calipers and cam cover are stand-out details. Venom also gets Tiger off-road footpegs, a Renthal performance sprocket, machined throttle body caps and Triumph sport levers, and stencilled matte black Diamond Dogs livery.
Source
outofthebox is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2015, 12:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Triumph Bonneville 'Venom' at London Comic Con 2015

Drool.. I can spend hours watching this beauty.

IMHO, This is what RE should have come up with, instead of the Limited Edition 'Despatch'.

--Anoop
theexperthand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2015, 02:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

And to be honest, this is what i wanted form a RE. A better engine, some quality around the materials used and voila a winner. Unfortunately the price has been going north with no major improvement in engine spec.

Touted as a tourer the bullet needs atleast a decent engine as torquey as the current ones but with better output and top end.

Beautiful looking
VW2010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2015, 12:53   #4
BHPian

I think what Royal Enfield has managed to achieve in third world conditions is commendable and I rate their products no less than anything in a comparable pricing ball park.

What the marketing dept. of RE could definitely learn & apply from this Bonneville exercise is the importance of getting involved in custom builds, exploring co-franchising options and Limited Edition releases in comparable events which draw eyeballs, such as the India Bike Week etc.
outofthebox is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2015, 14:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
And to be honest, this is what i wanted form a RE.
Something like this?

Marco Moeller's 'Hind ki Rani'
Steeroid is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote