Team-BHP - All-new Audi A4 revealed!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   All-new Audi A4 revealed! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/165509-all-new-audi-a4-revealed.html)

Audi's rival to the BMW 3-Series and Mercedes-Benz C-Class has been revealed in its latest iteration. The B9 A4 has been unveiled in its sedan and station wagon avatars. As seen in previous spy shots, the changes to the exterior are easy to catch, but evolutionary. Up front, we see a larger front grille with horizontal slats, new headlamps (optional LED / matrix LED lights) with different day time running LEDs, and a new front bumper with restyled fog lamp enclosures.

The side profile features a well-defined shoulder line, chrome lined windows, new door-mounted wing mirrors, and more chiseled body panels. At the rear, the new car gets restyled LED tail-lights, a taller boot, and a new rear bumper.

Length x width x height x wheelbase dimensions come in at 4,726 mm x 1,842 mm x 1,427 mm x 2,820 mm. The length, width and wheelbase have grown by 25 mm, 16 mm and 12 mm respectively. The body's weight drops by up to 15 kilograms when compared to the outgoing A4, while the overall vehicle weight drops by up to 120 kilograms depending on the engine.

Colour options include brilliant black, ibis white, argus brown, cuvée silver, floret silver, daytona grey (for the S line sport package), glacier white, gotland green, Manhattan grey, matador red, moonlight blue, scuba blue, monsoon grey, mythos black and tango red.

The interior has been redesigned as well and features include a continuous air vent strip on the dashboard, new colours and materials, LED interior lighting with up to 30 colour options, and head rests that are not only height adjustable, but can be adjusted for the distance from the head as well. The redesigned seats can be ordered with partial or full electric adjustment, and with electric lumbar support.

The standard MMI radio plus gets a 7-inch screen, eight speakers, an SD card reader, AUX, USB, Bluetooth, and voice control for telephony and radio. The high-end MMI Navigation plus with MMI touch includes 10 GB of flash storage, a DVD drive, Audi connect services for three years, up to five free navigation updates (available at six-month intervals), and an 8.3-inch monitor. The Audi smartphone interface brings Apple Car Play and Android Auto on board as well.

At the market launch in Europe, the new Audi A4 will be available with a range of Euro 6 petrol and diesel engines:

- 1.4L TFSI: 147.5 BHP / 250 Nm of torque

- 2.0L TFSI: 188 BHP / 320 Nm of torque or 248 BHP / 370 Nm of torque

- 2.0L TDI: 147.5 BHP / 320 Nm of torque or 188 BHP / 400 Nm of torque.

- 3.0L TDI: 215 BHP / 400 Nm of torque or 268 BHP / 600 Nm of torque.

Audi will also offer the A4 Avant (wagon) in a CNG variant named the g-tron. The 2.0L TFSI engine in this variant makes 168 BHP and 270 Nm of torque.

All TFSI engines and four-cylinder TDI engines get a newly developed 6-speed manual transmission as standard. Audi’s new seven-speed S tronic, dual-clutch autobox is available for all engines except the top end TDI and comes as standard with the 215 BHP 3.0L TDI. The top end 268 BHP TDI variant gets an eight-speed tiptronic gearbox.

All-new Audi A4 revealed!-1.jpg

All-new Audi A4 revealed!-2.jpg

All-new Audi A4 revealed!-3.jpg

All-new Audi A4 revealed!-4.jpg

All-new Audi A4 revealed!-5.jpg

All-new Audi A4 revealed!-6.jpg

All-new Audi A4 revealed!-7.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tushar (Post 3741922)

Length x width x height x wheelbase dimensions come in at 4,726 mm x 1,842 mm x 1,427 mm x 2,820 mm. The length, width and wheelbase have grown by 25 mm, 16 mm and 12 mm respectively. The car's weight drops by up to 15 kilograms when compared to the outgoing A4.

I thought the weight loss was larger? I'm reading the press release and it claims 120 kg weight loss.

On top the engine options in Europe, the US is supposedly getting a 270 bhp version of the 2.0TFSI.

More power and lighter = faster and more economical. However, the interiors of almost every new car looks boring in comparison to the out of the world designs from Mercedes in the S and C class now. Audi no longer are the kings of the interiors, Mercedes has totally taken that title on.

Autoblog - 2016 A4 Details Revealed

Good to see updates. More importantly, great to see the CVT gone. Finally we can have a decent gearbox with a decent engine.

Looks like Audi used a photocopier on an A3 and enlarged it 25%. No originality in the design whatsoever.

Overall, I'm having mixed feelings about the new A4.

Exterior wise, while car designs are usually inspired by the most expensive model, eg: 3 Series, Vento etc., Audi seems to have done the exact opposite by making it look similar to the A3. The A4 is now a larger version of the A3. Personally, I liked the old A4 better, it looked way more classy.

As for the interiors, those continuous air con vents have been lifted straight of the Passat, the rest of the centre console seems to resemble a BMW. I personally felt that the A4 had a terrible back seat with no support anywhere. Whether that has changed, it's hard to tell. What definitely has not changed is the protruding AC vent, which made seating three in the rear a tiring affair.

I'm glad to see that the CVT box is gone. The previous A4 could rival a few Hyundais for an uninvolving drive, fingers crossed that this version will be much better.

Finally, it will be interesting to see the pricing. For a really old car, the current gen is priced similarly to the newer entry level German cars. I doubt Audi can hike the prices all that much.

The side profile of the car looks dated !!
I feel this is a really poor effort on the part of Audi and the Mercedes C Class is light years ahead in terms of styling and interior design.

Interiors look nice, but have they followed Mercedes styling with a tab-like screen?
Nothing really catchy about the exterior styling. Its rather inoffensive, and give a feel of born-old. The 3-series can breathe easy.

In this all new? I am a fan of subtle styling but this one takes it to extreme. I do not like the design language of any of the new Audi's and this one is a front wheel drive. If I had money to afford it, I would have given this a pass. Boring is the word.

Pretty detailed video on the 2016 A4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYi3buGahlQ.

Looks decent!

Honestly all new Audis look like boring office decor. They've just been getting really boring. Screw subtle styling there is just no style whatsoever! I mean where's the sense of dynamism?? The car simply doesn't looking beckoning enough to make me want to hop into it and have a fling with it ;) I've seen PC cabinets that look more enticing for Christ's sake :Frustrati

The new A4 maintains the clean image. But I feel its high time Audi changes their design language.All Audi's have become monotonous. Being a car enthusiast I myself find it difficult to distinguish an A3/A4/A6. The new A4 is not going to be different.
While BMW has ruined their design philosophy, Mercedes have come on top. Look at their new C class or CLA , one word- smashing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by das_treiber (Post 3742179)
Pretty detailed video on the 2016 A4

Looks decent!

Boring design explained by a boring presenter. Couldn't get past 2 mins.

Meanwhile, current A3 owners can just de-badge their rides and brag (if required) that they have the All New A4. It's plain difficult for even a petrol head to differentiate them from each other from outside.

I was kind of happy what Audi had done to their TT, it finally looked the part & IMO was the best looking TT till date.

Now with the A4 it clearly seems they have played SAFE.

Got to give it to BMW atleast for attempting to deliver something new in each all new gen they reveal.

So now that Audi A4 is out of the way, seems the only competitor for the 3 is the new C :thumbs up

I read somewhere that every panel on the A4 is new but where are the new panels?! The new A4 looks almost like the current one.

I am not so sure about the interiors too. The air vent that occupies the whole dash is something I have mixed feelings about but I guess after the new Q7 all Audi's are following that trend. I can imagine how dusty these vents will get in a country like India! Hope Audi have thought about the different environments & tested that properly. Also, the gear shift looks weird. And whats with that steering? The horn pad could have been a little bigger because the chrome part under the pad looks way too big (The S variant steering is awesome). The only good thing in the interiors is the display on the speedo for navigation.

Overall, if I was in the market for a new car of this segment, I would still walk to the closest BMW showroom and book a 3 series for myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 3742432)
I read somewhere that every panel on the A4 is new but where are the new panels?! The new A4 looks almost like the current one.

I am not so sure about the interiors too. The air vent that occupies the whole dash is something I have mixed feelings about but I guess after the new Q7 all Audi's are following that trend. I can imagine how dusty these vents will get in a country like India! Hope Audi have thought about the different environments & tested that properly. Also, the gear shift looks weird. And whats with that steering? The horn pad could have been a little bigger because the chrome part under the pad looks way too big (The S variant steering is awesome). The only good thing in the interiors is the display on the speedo for navigation.

Overall, if I was in the market for a new car of this segment, I would still walk to the closest BMW showroom and book a 3 series for myself.

I think they designed the car based on their largest markets in Europe, North America and China. I don't think selling 10k -12k cars in total across all models in India will have such a large bearing on a lot of the design choices. I guess they follow an 80-20 rule. All in all, an underwhelming redesign - especially in the face of the new C Class.