Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 16th October 2016, 01:38   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Next-gen Honda CR-V to grow bigger in size. EDIT: Revealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Cant blame the manufacturers, its business at the end of the day.

I doubt there is ever a period when a vehicle is in a straight line for a long duration in India.
I agree to disagree with your views on both. Even if taxes are high in India there cant be complete skimping of safety, and essential kit on cars sold in India.
I am buying a premium product in India, i am buying it because i want all the safety tech, if Honda cannot provide it i will move to someone who will give it to me, so that argument that taxes are more so we wont provide it and skimp on it doesnt fly with me. Skoda launched the new Superb with a slight price increase but it provides all the features baring a few like the DSC which is also expected next year.

On your second point, i drive on the highway every month. i have had a major accident 3 years ago where i broke my hand very badly. I value safety more than any other aspect in a car. For me fatigue detection, lane change, hold more value than say fuel efficiency and some touch screen HU. On the highway i drive in one lane most of the time unless im over taking, there fore i think i would want both those systems for my car.

10 years ago people used to be averse to AUTO cars. Now they consider it a boon in our traffic infested cities, why be averse to new, safe, convenient tech. I rather have a structurally sound car, with all the safety kit rather than having a sunroof.

I also feel you dont know how a lane change and fatigue system work. I may be wrong but this is what i feel after reading your comments. Fatigue and Lane change system kicks in when it realises that there is no input from the driver for a few seconds and if you are constantly swerving in our traffic cities then it will not kick in, but if you are driving in a straight line and dont communicate with your car, these systems will kick in.

Just my view. After my accident, there is no compromise on the safety.

Last edited by M00M : 16th October 2016 at 01:42.
M00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 08:08   #32
Senior - BHPian

Visual Comparison: Fifth (New) Gen Honda CR-Vs Old Outgoing CRV,

Next-gen Honda CR-V to grow bigger in size. EDIT: Revealed!-honda.jpg

- Looks like a face lift - shape remained the same, but everything else was updated.
-The front fascia, adopted a cleaner look, the fog lamps migrated to the bottom portion of the bumper, while Honda also re-arranged the chromed, contrasting elements in clusters, making the grille more dominant.

-The air vent below the logo has increased in size, while the headlamps (which appear like they are an extension of the upper grille) contribute to the clean design.

-On the side, there is a chrome strip on the new model, which together with the smaller side mirrors, make it seem more slender. Moreover, the rear quarter panels are more bloated, and separated from the vehicle’s rear

-Around the back, the CR-V obtains some sportier cues, including more contemporary tail-lamps that now extend horizontally on the tailgate and which represent the biggest design change. It also gets bumper-integrated exhaust pipes and a relocated license plate holder.

-Inside, Honda has tried to simplify the design. The climate control functions are still where you’d expect (just above the gear shifter), but everything else was re-arranged.

-The steering wheel was revised, while the instrument cluster gained digital LCDs.

Link
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 18:54   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Visual Comparison: Fifth (New) Gen Honda CR-Vs Old Outgoing CRV,

Attachment 1567778

- Looks like a face lift - shape remained the same, but everything else was updated.
Link
Theyre basically following if not broken why fix it. The 4th Gen has been a knock out success in the USA. I personally own the 4th gen CRV and love the car. Except a few things its a very capable car for India.

Cant wait for the 5th Gen to be brought here. They should look at a Hybrid motor as well for the CRV if they can.
M00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2016, 15:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

Honda USA released two videos that highlight just some of the features.

volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote