Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 26th February 2017, 08:30   #196
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!

Going a bit OT.

Giant Sculptures Of Clarkson's, Hammond's And May's Heads Appear In UK Homes

Quote:
Remember when a massive fiberglass sculpture of Jeremy Clarkson’s head was spotted on the back of a truck? Well the 6-foot monstrosity has resurfaced in a garden in Manchester.

As it turns out, Clarkson’s head, as well as sculptures of James May and Richard Hammond’s heads, were awarded as prizes for a Twitter competition. May’s sculpture now rests in the garden of a Surrey resident while Hammond’s is in Newport.

The three heads traveled around the world from Sydney, Los Angeles, Seattle, Amsterdam and London to promote The Grand Tour. It is thought that the heads will remain with their current owners for three weeks before finding their way into other UK gardens.

Speaking to The Telegraph about winning Clarkson’s head, 15-year-old Zohaib Alam said “I tweeted the show after I saw the competition and suddenly I got a tweet back to say our front garden was big enough for Jeremy Clarkson’s head.

“I know Jeremy Clarkson has got a big head but we said it would fit after we found out the dimensions. It was amazing when we found out that we had won. It’s the first time we’ve won anything.”
Name:  Screenshot_1.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  179.9 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  235.5 KB

Name:  Screenshot_3.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  147.3 KB

Courtesy - carscoop
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 23:04   #197
BHPian

Looks like Richard Hammond met with another accident. It happened in Mozambique where they were riding in motorcycles for the next season of Grand Tour. I hope its on the lines of their Vietnam special, which I still think is one of their best specials. Also, looks like Hammond is riding a TVS

Top Gear trio returns with "The Grand Tour" on Amazon Prime!-screen-shot-20170320-12.33.01-pm.png
rohittunga is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 03:05   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I really hope they ditch the celebrity brain crash segment. It is the most boring 5 minutes of every episode and I fail to understand how did anyone found it humorous to start with. Also I miss The STIG. The American is no match and although a bit hilarious in the initial episodes, he has now started sounding repetitive. Moreover watching him put the cars through the circuit, I have never felt that he really pushes them enough and it appears more of a relaxed practice lap.
I did not like the celebrity brain crash initially. But now I find it funny. They have found innovative was to 'finish off' celebrities.

It is astounding that these guests agree to doing something like that. I found it boring initially and by the end of the season I was like - who is it this time?

Also, I wait for May's characteristic -'Does that mean he is not coming onto the show now?' dialogue too.

This might have been due to some legal issues too. They probably wanted celebrities on show. But could not copy format from Top Gear. And they thought this was a better alternative to a talk show segment.

Fully echo sentiments about THE STIG. If only there was a way to poach him. I always thought if there was an Indian Top Gear/Grand Tour, India's STIG will be called RAJNIKANTH! (No offence meant to fans).
OrangeCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 07:36   #199
BHPian

If there ever were to be a Stig's Indian cousin, I would imagine the Stig as wearing a white dhoti and a vermilion/curd bindi on the helmet.
Sandman689 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote