Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 30th August 2007, 01:23   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Default YetiBlog®- CSIA Airport, Too early, Thursday 30th August

I guess this is the worst I've ever seen the airport. CSIA is being renovated and they are making sure EVERYONE knows it's being repaired.

There are huge colourful prints everywhere, promising a better future.
Security check is makeshift, as is everything else.

And so here I am, in the lounge, with free internet by Airtel. It's packed completely. Every chair accommodates weary looking travellers from all nations.
Frankly it looks less claustrophobic on the outside. But there is free beer and diet coke here. No I don't mix the two.

There she goes again "Calling thee attenshun of passengur Dilip Singh travayling on Ayur Eendia's flight to Lundun, kindly bord the flight"

I'm not sleepy. I'm excited.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 22nd October 2007 at 09:40.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 01:27   #197
Senior - BHPian

Waiting for those irrelevant posts
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 01:32   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
There she goes again "Calling thee attenshun of passengur Dilip Singh travayling on Ayur Eendia's flight to Lundun, kindly bord the flight"
Ahhh.... classic, old story telling the Sameer Singh Kasapi way!!! We've missed all this for some whole now Sam, keep it coming!! And have a great trip!

And do board the flight before the announcement goes: "Calling thee attenshun of passengur Sameer Singh Kasapi......."

Last edited by normally_crazy : 22nd October 2007 at 09:40.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 02:14   #199
Senior - BHPian

sam please keep it comming but dont get too excited checking out the stockings remember the heels below it.
dont want sam narrateing his experience with one eye do we.
maybe you could have done a jbl on the colourful walls to enhance the beuty while the renovation is going on.
like ishan pointed out dont forget boarding the plane or we would be deprived of some great narration of SAM's escapades. have a great journey into the land of fun, frolic and some booze ( need you to write straight)
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 16:21   #200
Senior - BHPian

hehehe....this is going to be a fun ride...are you open to selling the movie rights in advance Sam?!
MaserQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 17:23   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Default YetiBlog® - On the plane, Bombay to Paris

Every bad thing I ever said about Air France has been wiped away by a single airplane. I'm on a brand new Boeing 777-200ER. "Bonjour Monsieur, bienvenue" indeed.

Look at this mama, the legroom is enough to get up and do a moonwalk, with the seat belt on.

This business class is far more delicious than most first class rides. It's full of gadgets and buttons and I spend almost 2 hours pressing every button in sight. I quickly use my BlackBerry camera, before I get caught. Sorry about the poor quality.

Hundreds of little nooks and crannies with surprises inside. A massage chair, for goodness sake, the seat is a bloody massage chaaaaiiirrrrr aaaaaaahhhhhhh.......... sssssssssss berbrbrbrbebebebrbebebebrr ooooooohhhhh

Now you don't see it

and then it pops out.

I love new planes. I'm not hungry, i refuse the meal, settling for an orange juice instead.

I press press press a few buttons and it's a full flat 180 bed. I'm off to sleep.
There's something weird about that pretty stewardess in those glasses. I can't put my finger on it.
Off to sleep, it's going to be a looong night.
Old 30th August 2007, 18:12   #202
BANNED

Angry You gave up????

Quote:
There's something weird about that pretty stewardess in those glasses. I can't put my finger on it.
Off to sleep, it's going to be a looong night.
What?????? You couldn't???? I am sure you wasn't the first guy. Try harder next time! LOL!!!
And I am surprised you gave up and chose sleep.

Wish you a nice trip Sam. I am a bit late here and sorry for that. You can send us pictures in compensation.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 18:40   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Default YetiBlog® - Charles De Gaulle Airport

I'm here. And it is freezing. Did she say 12degs? Wow, this Levi's jacket is my only protection.

As usual the maps of CDG are handed out. I have been here often and I still find it extremely confusing. It's huge, it's french and it's confusing.

I land at 2C, all I need to do is go to 2D. Easy right? Wrong.
One hour later I'm still walking. Up and down bridges and escalators.
I cross the train station in the airport and walk further. Then I stop, come back and take pictures. It is a photo Blog, isn't it?

Somehow, once again I get the feeling that I shouldn't be taking these pictures, lol. But I do it for you.
CDG is huge and multi-national in every respect. It never ceases to amaze me how many french people are of African descent.

The price you pay for colonization, I guess, it to be colonized yourself, forever. Ever see the Indians in Bradford and Birmingham?

Everywhere I go, the airport authorities have signs up, apologising for the WIP. Ah well, I travelled 4000+ miles and see the same signs. Where am I anyways? Oh, still more to walk? OK. My backpack has a lot of stuff, it's heavy.

I'm back to people watching. Parisienne women have style. German women are not as feminine. Parisienne women have good clothes. The Germans have boots. French people have lots of kids everywhere. The Germans do not. They have boots.
ANyways, these are random pictures from CDG, enjoy.

La Gare at CDG - especially for you N_C

And the rest of the photos:

it's a looong walk to go anywhere. You reach 2D and you're still walking to the 62nd gate!!!!

Check out the roads to the left!

I reach security check again. Time to take the laptop out, the belt out and go through the metal detector. Well at least they use the metal detector.

At Mumbai the metal detectors go off with the iron in your blood I think. Nobody needs to even care if they work or not.

I'm waiting at CDG for my Air France flight to Berlin. I miss Berlin.
I'm watching one of the busiest airports in the world. I sit down on the ground, this is my favourite pastime.
Reach for the iPod and put it on.

Then it happens again. Moby starts playing and people walk past me. I'm sitting there, looking at the young people, old people, cool people, nerds, little kids. I'm watching the world go by. Moby playing the piano softly and I realise I'm in a music video.
People are nodding and talking to each other and I cannot hear them. Someone is arguing and waving his boarding card, while someone's passport is being examined.

I'm invisible, sitting there and the world is going by. I cannot hear them. All I can hear is the piano from "18"

It's time to board the flight to Berlin.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 30th August 2007 at 18:45.
Old 30th August 2007, 18:44   #204
Senior - BHPian

gadget gadget and more gadgets wonder when will it stop. wish they had a stewardess touch button who pops up to give you a massage. the sleep would have been better bet thats what your mind is dreaming off .
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 18:48   #205
BHPian

hey Sam!!!

you give CDG a wonderful perspective.

I have been there time and again and never noticed anything except the blondes' legs and liquour at the duty free shops.

have a great trip ahead. and keep posting.
your style of narration is simply 'magnifique'.

looking at your post times, your boeing was rather fast? wasnt it? LOL. jus kidding.

Last edited by gbpscars : 30th August 2007 at 18:50.
gbpscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 22:21   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonderful... one could have all sorts of fantastic hoax conversations about explosives, live animals, all sorts of things.

Then she could turn to the next passenger and say, sorry, but I was easy going with him: can't treat any more passengers like that...

(that was about being booked in by one's fiance... didn't realise there were so many subsequent posts)

Always wanted to try Business class --- but seeing as how I'm no longer even in business, guess I never will!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 30th August 2007 at 22:29.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2007, 00:17   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Moby playing the piano softly and I realise I'm in a music video.
People are nodding and talking to each other and I cannot hear them. Someone is arguing and waving his boarding card, while someone's passport is being examined.

I'm invisible, sitting there and the world is going by. I cannot hear them. All I can hear is the piano from "18"
This is the best. Today I was listening to Bittersweet Symphony while walking on a busy business street in Mumbai, while walking into rush hour head on.
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2007, 06:56   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Default OK no more talking and typing - THE MADNESS HAS BEGUN!!

YetiBreak® I'm just gonna shut up and let you fellows enjoy this one.

Liked it? Want more cars? Yes?

P.S. Is this size ok? You want larger?

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 31st August 2007 at 06:57.
Old 31st August 2007, 07:05   #209
BANNED

Drooooohlll!!
Man that is some car with some serious ICE (just by looking at the name). Yes! We want a bit larger ones. And those beautiful ones when They're topless.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2007, 07:08   #210
Team-BHP Support

[quote=Sam Kapasi;
P.S. Is this size ok? You want larger?[/QUOTE]

I take it you mean cars or is this a new opening (or closing??!!!) line

Isn't it around 3 am out there?
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote