Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 31st August 2007, 20:48   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

The German approach to life has great attractions.

But, after contemplating them, I realise tat I am just too much of a rebel!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2007, 00:57   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Ishaan, its a wonder they let you stay in that country for anything more than a day...seeing how law abiding they are!
Well everyone makes mistakes, eh!!

P.S. I don't break rules man, I'm a normal, rule-abiding citizen!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2007, 02:30   #228
Senior - BHPian

some real nice pictures sam of the place and the cars.
i think the stewardess with the glasses and the travel is haveing its effects on you. get rid of the suit and be the yeti again.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2007, 03:13   #229
BHPian

Smile

bitte fortfahren .............
Mad Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2007, 03:29   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Ze gut people of TBHP present, Ze Yeti @ shaadi.com!
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2007, 03:50   #231
BHPian

Quote:

Sam, hope you know that Stevie Wonder was looking for those!
doctorkats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2007, 05:51   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

OK, so I just got back from another hard evening, full of Raspberry Mojitos and anecdotes from around the world.

So I am too drunk to write, but not too drunk to let my pals down. Sooooo let me complete the picture set of the the Lamb of God.

Not many of you have appreciated this car. Let me tell you guys that is is a very good car. Appreciate it. Shall I open it up for you? Are you gasping now??

Dekho beta, Lamboji ka injun dekho.

And here it is. Remember where you saw it and who showed you. The Engine proper of a Murcielago.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 1st September 2007 at 05:53.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2007, 05:54   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Uhhh Sam which is the company car? The BMW or the Porsche?
That black BMW baba.

Now for tomorrow - Blog? Babes? Bars? Cars? Decisions, decisions... Any ideas?

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 1st September 2007 at 05:56.
Old 1st September 2007, 05:59   #234
BANNED

Quote:
That black BMW baba.

Babes and Bars .... , lets see beyond the cars for a change !!!
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2007, 09:25   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! Those Lambo's look wicked. I finally got time to go through the updates, enjoying the blog so far!

Dont let the cars hog the blog sam
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2007, 10:12   #236
BANNED

Is it a question to ask Sam? You know we all love 2 things which have a lots of curves. Unfortunately, we have only seen one of it till now. We will keep our eyes, ears etc open!

I know! even after all the cold, there'll be moments you'll get into shorts or less. But sheesh!! Aiyye! We don't want to see that.

It's a wonderful blog. We're all enjoying it to the max!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2007, 10:38   #237
Senior - BHPian

Amazing Lamboji Sam. Fantastic colour combo there. Keep them coming and we are waiting
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2007, 10:51   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Default YetiBlog® - Berlin

I have not had time to rest. I've uploaded the photos and it's almost time for the press conference. I get into my suit.

At the lobby, my European colleagues gasp. One says he feels like he needs to buy a ticket. The other simply says "What? No short pants Herr Kapazi?"
Everyone has forgotten me in my black suit.

If my fellow funny BHPians will go back to my photos in the Ford GT something, they too would realise that I was in a suit there too. But nooooo. Everyone's a comedian these days. I laugh the good natured laugh of a man who can take a joke sportingly. I'm going to take my revenge at the bar later, I decide internally.

It's time to go to the Messe. Our bus awaits. Sahil catches up with me on the bus. He's here till Sunday.
We go to the upper deck, scramble to the front of the buss and pretend to be drivers. Everyone thinks we're having a private Indian discussion. We're being boys.

We reach the messe. Halle no 18 is ours. Some of my colleagues have been here for days and days setting this up. I know this year will be a great IFA. We're taken all of halle 18 - biggest in the fair this year. Us and Samsung. It takes my breath away. Again.

We go upstairs to the private area and I take a look from upstairs and realise. Bloody hell. The waitresses look cool in our section. lol.
Nope. I cannot and will not take photos of the waitresses. Excuse me, can you get me some Currywurst and a glass of beer and when you bend over to serve me, do not be alarmed by my Nikon. In India, it is our culture to do this.

(I've posted a few pics of our hall. I can post more later if you like. I threw in a few girls so you don't write me off yet.)

This is where I usually sit, write to you and watch the world go by as I eat and drink.

JBL-Nintendo wii

I haven't started walking round IFA. It takes 2 to 3 days to see every stall here. With a few blisters too. I'm in a suit. People are laughing. I sit in the private area and do my work, meet people from every country. Revel in tomorrow's technology. New collaborators. People from the automotive industry, mobile phone industry, fashion industry. There are some unbelievable collaborations between JBL and these guys. I'm hoping someone offers me limited the O'Neill JBL jacket.

It's press time. Gina Harman does her thing. Then introduces the new CEO of the company. His name is Dinesh Paliwal. As Dinesh speaks it occurs to me.
The new CEO of JBL is an Indian man. Sure, there is a lot more to his credentials than being desi at birth. But he is Indian and he speaks with a strong Indian accent. I am having a proud moment.

Many Indians who do international business may have experienced this. You are Indian? From India? I must say your English is excellent!

Why thank you my friend, your isn't too bad either!

We're getting on the map harder and faster than before. But enough of that for now.
I meet some friends, some legends. Dr. Eric Geiger, Paul Bente, the president of JBL. Everyone wants to come to India.

The day's over - I'm tired. Time to return to the Maritim. Berlin has become clammy. It's raining and the temperature is dropping further.

Get back to the hotel and order the tickets. I am going to go see the Blue Man Group again. They are now playing at Saturn. The adagio is now showing Beaty and the Beast - musical theatre in German. I'll pass. I love physical theatre and light. BMG is an experience of a lifetime. Tomorrow will be nice.

I change and we are off to a quiet restaurant. It's a Thai restaurant. They are all thai. We're with a few french colleagues laughing and joking. The thai all speak german. Nice and guttural. I slide a "Kopkoon Khap" to one of the waitresses. "Kopkoon kaaaaaaaaaaa - you speak thai, why you no say?"
Well, i don't know much, laugh I.

After dinner it's back to the maritim. A nightcap? Sure. The bar is filled with our people, lol. AAAyyyyyyy sammmyyy. OK let's sit for while.
Many mojitos and beer and whiskeys later, it's 3 am. I'm swinging it. Richard gets on the gramp piano and we're singing loudly. He wants to do an irish song, we all threaten to sit on him.
Now we're singing Yellow Submarine. Danish, french, italian, Indian, irish, german accents. what fun. I am smashed.

3.30 - Richard starts playing. I sing. Mama, I just killed a man. Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger now he's dead.

I'm singing in falsetto as everyone laughs. Some guys hold their testicles to show that mine may have gone somewhere. The ladies are cheering loudly. This is great night.

We reach FIGARO -oh we will not let you go and they throw us out of the bar.

I stagger to my room. Someone took photos. Wasn't me. When and if I get them, you will see. Maybe.
Old 1st September 2007, 11:02   #239
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic!! Keep it coming Yeti boy, this is getting better with each passing day! And thanks for the Lamboji pictures!!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2007, 11:27   #240
Senior - BHPian

Awesome man Sam. Drool Drool Drool. That stall looks AMAZING in different colours. Beautiful. The Lambo is good too and the babes are a let down. I know that will improve.

I am waiting for more.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote