Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 7th September 2007, 12:55   #331
Senior - BHPian

Wow - That Lambo ICE is lovely ! She's called Becker ?
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 13:00   #332
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the pics, please PM me the anchors contact details
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 13:03   #333
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures Sam! The anchor looks a little pale after sitting in the car with you, what happened?

And Germany is fabulous, everything is just so arranged & kept in a nice order, even the damn vegetables!

Keep them coming!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 13:12   #334
BHPian

Hmmm...all the vegetables look yummy.
All I could find when I was in Germany were Cabbages, which were the size of a football and the german favourite vegetable Kartofel (Potato).

Hey Sam, you like the Kartofel salad there?
Kontoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 13:34   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I'd never have got married.
Navin uncle (as you're popularly called), hope your wife is not very internet savvy.

Sam,

My interpretation of pictures of Sam with the anchor:

Pic #4: The girl is like "Hey! I'm with this richie-rich guy!!!!"

Pic #5: Girl - "What are you talking about? The car isn't his?". Notice Sam's expression there.

Pic #6: Girl - *In the girly-girly heartbroken tone* "You're such a cheat, idiot, donkey, monkey, idiot, idiot!"

Sam, seriously, what went wrong?
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 13:38   #336
Senior - BHPian

welcome back sam. the lambo and the anchor both are very nice looks like you were useing your hands too much with her by the end of it . the cadillac escalade and the red honda type R looks awsome
someday my bar at home is gonna look like this. evryone welcome drinks on the house
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 23:43   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

I am back after a long wonderful day in Paris. I've taken 300 pictures today - you guys are going to love it. I am tired but extremely happy!!
I've also delayed my return, lol. I like it here, I've decided to stay for a couple of more days. Because it is something I can do, so expect more fun.

Actually you guys, especially the biker boys will truly enjoy my Paris pictures. Of course I am doing things here. Cafes, cruises, gastronomic experiences - I am so at home in Paris. Also I am having a chance to practice my french, as I am travelling with friends.

Tomorrow I leave for Marseille. Rugby fever is everywhere. I do not want to break the chain, as you can imagine, the blog is running slower than my travels. Please forgive me and bear with me - I promise you it will be worth the wait.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 23:53   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Yesterday, to my embarassment, I could not open up the top of the Spyder.
Old 8th September 2007, 00:08   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
So how did you manage it today ??? Did you take the help of a cockroach ???n
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 00:13   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Closing YetiBlog® - Berlin

Night after night - every night is a bar night. Saturday night was absolute madness, it was big party night. Remember the Yeti knows what good partying is, this was a big party lol. Full marks on the Yetimeter® - nothing else needs to be said.

We have to be back at our booth on Sunday, but tonight is just time to let bloody GOOOOOOOOO!!!!
I get drunk happy and mad. Life is for dancing and boy oh boy do I dance!!

Excuse the poor resolution, this is with my very drunk blackberry.

Old 8th September 2007, 00:19   #341
Senior - BHPian

Sam.
Fantastic pics. Keep them coming.

Civic Type R looks Awwwwssssuummm.!!
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 00:21   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Closing YetiBlog® - Berlin

Sunday morning. Shhhhhh.... don't say it so loud, the head hurts. I'm in bad shape.
Thankfully it's a low pressure day, chill out, take it easy, take a look around the IFA.
A last few YetiPictures® from the show.

Next - YetiBlog® Budapest.
Old 8th September 2007, 00:36   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Default YetiBlog® - Budapest

I wake up early in Berlin. Pack most of the things I carried in my suitcase and leave it at the hotel.

I must mention my Hotel. Maritim is one of the better hotels in Berlin. Old grandeur, massive rooms and some great service. Massive chandeliers and helpful concierge – you know the drill. This is the secnd year in succession I’ve stayed here. Everyone stays here, we occupy half the hotel. Every night, no matter where you go partying, you meet someone from the company at the bar. And it’s great fun. Only too much drinking. But did I mention fun? It’s fun.

I leave the bag and the concierge phones for a taxi. I get in and do my customary Hallo. “Flughafen Schonefeld, schnell bitte” “Keine Probleme” says the taxi guy and we’re off.
Schonefeld is a bigger airport than Tegel. Tegel is just a hole in the wall where planes are allowed to land.
I check in. EasyJet indeed. Time to go through sec check. Belt off. Kiene Probleme. Jacket off. Keine Probleme. Laptop out. OK. Do you have any liquids? Yes I do.

Normally my toilet stuff stays in my suitcase. But my suitcase is at the hotel. He starts speaking to me in German. “English please” “You need to put your liquids in a plastic bag” “Plastic bag?” “Yes – you go to the machine and buy it” I leave for the machine – laptop out, belt out, jacket in my hand. I look pitiful.

50c coin in – 2 bags out. Toiletries in. Time to go through the line again. And we’re through immigration too. Hungary is still not EU. I get onto EasyJet. There are no seat numbers and people are kind of running for their favourite seat. Silly.

It’s orange everywhere. Great brand presence. The crew are English. I can tell immediately because of the strong accent. But the same crew are firing out Magyar and Deutsch with equal intensity. Impressive. The A319 is comfy, legroom is sufficient.

I land into Budapest. It’s 0740. There is no pickup for me, I’m waiting aimlessly. I take a few photos of the airport. A far contrast from German efficiency, but neat and clean. It strikes me immediately how beautiful these people are. Handsome men, beautiful women. Maybe not everyone is as well dressed as the Germans and French, but they have proud, beautiful faces. So this is the East European beauty people talk of.

My pickup arrives. Look, he’s spelt Kapasi right! He speaks 5 words of English. Welcome, good, no problem, OK, bye. OK, that’s 6.

It’s cold and it’s drizzling.

I’ve done something different this trip. Instead of a hotel, I’ve rented an apartment for a couple of days. Cheap and comfy (I hear), clean with housekeeping, but no room service, no food.

I reach my apartment. It’s in the north, a fairly residential area and quite close to the Danube. But everything, both in Buda and Pest is close to the Danube.
Nice house. It has EVERYTHING- Cups saucers, washing machine, Domex, soap, sugar, cutlery, crockery, candles and props - anything a home needs. At 60 Euro per night, this is an excellent choice.

Old 8th September 2007, 00:53   #344
Senior - BHPian

great pictures sam, missed you for a while there.
the beetle sure does look wicked. hope you had a nice flight after a long night of letting your hair down. the appartment looks great comfy and very homely better than staying in a hotel for sure. great garden veiw too. now you can have some serious fun .
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 04:22   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Default YetiBlog® - Budapest

I shower, change and I’m off. It’s still drizzling and the wind is blowing. I hope it gets better later.
I walk to the nearest Metro and buy a book of tickets. Let’s start sight seeing.

I know where I’m supposed to go and what I’m supposed to see. But look at Budapest. History is everywhere, all is beautiful. I’ve never seen a city like this – a modern city full of heritage and beauty. Everything has a story. Buildings are foreboding, speaking of Transylvania and Prince Vlad, ghoulies and gargoyles.

The architecture of this city is truly truly marvellous.

Here are some random YetiPictures® from Budapest city, more will follow later.

Then as is the YetiCustom®, I visit the central market. Besides it's getting even colder outside.

Hungarian food is supposed to be the spiciest and tastiest in Europe, flavoured with paprika!

I enjoy a great old east european lunch

Maruti 800 anyone??

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 8th September 2007 at 04:25.