Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 8th September 2007, 04:41   #346
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful thread Sam. Great pics too. Keep em coming. You did'nt tell us about your twin brother who wears Pants?! Keep the pics of the ladies coming. Hope you're having fun.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 04:47   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Default YetiBlog® - Budapest - end of day one

It’s getting colder and wetter. I am unable to see much. I decide to complete another dream I’ve had for a while. Bathe in a medicinal hot spring.
I decide to walk across the bridge, from Pest to Buda, to the world famous Gellert bath.

The Bridge is being repaired, but one can walk across the Danube (Duna, as they say in Magyar)

It’s time to unwind in some beautiful mineral-rich warm water from the belly of the earth. The Gellert is wonderfully ornate and beautiful. Right from the entrance to the exit. I feel like a Tsar!! I spend a few hours here, unwinding in the steamy water. I can feel the tiredness leave my body after marinating in this for a few hours.

Soon I leave, it is time to walk to the metro, take a train home and sleep. It’s been a long day. I turn the heaters up to 5. It has not stopped drizzling since I got here.

Gloom machaale gloom machaale gloom.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 8th September 2007 at 04:50.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 05:31   #348
BHPian

keep it coming loverboy!
no pics of the lido at paris?not done sammy
doctorkats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 12:42   #349
Senior - BHPian

Hi people -

The Yeti has asked me to post a small update on his blog - here it is,

Yetiblog live! Small Update

Hello there.

Just a quick update via blackberry. I trust nc will post it on my behalf. This morning I left for Marseille from Paris.

4 kiwis, a frenchman and one Indian. N'oubliez pas Le petit Indien s'il vous plait. What a motley crew we make. The kiwis decide I look like I'm supporting the Prada team so I am now wearing an all blacks jersey.
"hold on mate, I 'ave an extra all blacks" sniff sniff. "Yup not too bad 'ere you go, put that on then." I put it on over my prada tee shirt.

Ada prada kaun prada, mamaji ka ghoda prada.

Should I tell them that I know nothing about rugby? No no, I think I'll pretend I do know all there is to know. I'm very good at pretending. Ask my lovely girlfriend. I miss her often.

We are late. The taxi takes us to the gare du Lyon. We have to run. Rapidement.

And there we are. Running and waving to the guy with the flag. S'il vous plait!! S'il vous plait!!

We make it on the train, panting like old mongrels in the hot sun. But its now getting real hard to spot my friends. Too many are wearing the Adidas all blacks! And of course you have to say "howdy guv" to anyone in an all blacks.
I'm in my shorts. And we realise I have a maori tattoo. That's more than most new zealanders have. All they have is s funny accent and an Adidas shirt. It seems I will have to do a peculiar maori victory dance.

New Zealand versus Italy. I feel like such a traitor. I'm part Italian and I love Italy. Here I am in the new Zealand jersey. The only consolation I have is that new Zealand has an excellent chance of winning the international championship. Besides I'm travelling with a bunch of drunk (too often) kiwis and they will cream me.

Go all blacks then! Its tour birthday. We're gonna rugby like its your birthday.
Whoops. Wrong all blacks there.

And here I am now. On the TGV. Normally crazy's TGV. He would have loved the TGV. Going to cover 850 kms in 3 hours. Yes, the TGV does a consistent 300kmph. The shame is that you cannot even feel it.

I know the blog is still at Budapest. I hope you're enjoying that. This was just a small update.

Go kiwis! Go all blacks!
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 19:29   #350
Senior - BHPian

nice pictures sam the architecture of the buildings are lovely. hope you enjoyed the spa's and the rejuvination lasts you through the trip so that you enjoy the rugby and the rest of the trip. keep it comming brother, enjoying every minute of it. cheers.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 23:10   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

One of my reflections as a result of your travelogue, is what a poor, undistinguished, city London is [cry].

And yet I still get the odd pang of homesickness. Maybe I'll spend a couple of weeks there next month.

I don't think my photos will grip the site like yours, though!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2007, 23:15   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
One of my reflections as a result of your travelogue, is what a poor, undistinguished, city London is [cry].

And yet I still get the odd pang of homesickness. Maybe I'll spend a couple of weeks there next month.

I don't think my photos will grip the site like yours, though!
They will if you shoot the right pics & add the sub titles.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 02:36   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry... I'm so unlikely to get the chance to hang around fancy cars and beautiful women. Anyway: after a year in India, British women just look so pale and un-interesting.

Here's a joke instead (it is very old):

Person A: Give me a good woman and a fast car, I'll be happy.

Person B: Really? I'd rather have a good car and a fast woman!

Errr... Sorry... It's late
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 20:38   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
The Gellert is wonderfully ornate and beautiful. Right from the entrance to the exit. I feel like a Tsar!! I spend a few hours here, unwinding in the steamy water. I can feel the tiredness leave my body after marinating in this for a few hours.

Old 9th September 2007, 20:48   #355
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pics once again Sam.

The Swift you posted, one has alloys and the three door one doesnot have alloys?? :S
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 20:52   #356
Senior - BHPian

wow this is unbelieveable, the bath truely roman and fantastic. i am in love with the architecture, totally my style. man i need the addresses my next vacation i am going here for sure.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2007, 21:22   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Default YetiBlog® - Budapest

I wake up, early. Too early. Even then I realize I’ve slept for 12 hours straight. Knocked out, passed out, dead to the world. My phones have frantic messages from my girlfriend. Where are you Sameer? Loving, worried, angry, afraid, suspicious. It’s wonderful to have a woman back home. A nice woman.

I shower, change into a fresh tee shirt. This time I decide to wear the orange pullover and then the denim jacket. Fold up the blue jeans. My ankles keep getting wet. I hit the road. It is much colder than yesterday. I start walking quickly on Victor Hugo Utca. The key to survival is to walk quickly. I survived yesterday, I can do it today.

Truly, my prayers of sunshine have been rejected and greeted with further rain. Add a dash of wind and soon it’s hit zero. Windy, cold and gloomy. The Hungarians are cold and shaking their heads at fate and their fists at the sky. Through this all, a brave big guy from India is slowly deciding that he’s supposed to be brave, but not this brave.

The metro is warm, thank goodness. I see what I can using the metro. I’m hopping stations walking a few minutes and jumping back into a train.
Finally I break all my rules and go on a sight-seeing tour, in one of those silly glass busses.

I cannot walk anymore in this freezing wetness. My jacket is soaked and I can feel myself falling ill if I keep this up.

Some random YetiPhotos® from Budapest

some car

some bike

What a truly beautiful city this is...

Someone's beetle got bashed in.

How's that for an interesting advertisement for Orange Juice, freshly squeezed. lol

The beautiful Magyar state opera. It has been one of my dreams to visit the Hungarian Opera. It is supposed to be superlative and moving. Luck is truly not on my side. The next Opera performance is on the 7th of september. I will be in France then.

Old 9th September 2007, 21:37   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

some car

some bike

How's that for an interesting advertisement for Orange Juice, freshly squeezed. lol
That orange juice car is a Swift with the same wheel caps as sold in India.

Some car - is the Toyota Celica. I think the bike seems to be a Ducati.

Last edited by BUSA : 9th September 2007 at 21:41.
Old 9th September 2007, 21:38   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Default YetiBlog® - Budapest

Quote:
I see what I can using the metro. I’m hopping stations walking a few minutes and jumping back into a train.

Some more beautiful sights around the city of Budapest

Edit BUSA: Look closely at the orange juice car and see what I said about freshly squeezed, lol. Don't look at the hub caps.
Quote:

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 9th September 2007 at 21:42.
Old 9th September 2007, 21:43   #360
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics Sam, just looked at what you told me to, your a very very naughty boy