Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 10th September 2007, 18:06   #376
Team-BHP Support

Aditya, you are right and wrong. Right, it is a Suzuki, as speedy mentioned earlier, it is an SV. But I think it's the 650, not the 1000. Also, the Varadero tag belongs to Honda, not Suzuki.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 18:08   #377
Senior - BHPian

great pictures of the bike's sam, the BMWs look wild. the other one that cought my fancy it the all black speed triple. the owner has a tank cover on so dont know the model.

hope you make paris also as enjoyable. keep it comming
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 18:18   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Aditya, you are right and wrong. Right, it is a Suzuki, as speedy mentioned earlier, it is an SV. But I think it's the 650, not the 1000. Also, the Varadero tag belongs to Honda, not Suzuki.
Oops my bad. thanks for the correction Robeen.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2007, 22:15   #379
Distinguished - BHPian

Maybe I missed a page, hope not... what is that bike with two front wheels?
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 01:41   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

You are not doing your part people!!! I'm doing mine, I don't know what cars and bikes these are!

I tell the stories, you identify the vehicles in the stories. That's the deal
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 02:01   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Thanks Gogster! This is my 7th time in Paris and I'm still enjoying it. I have french friends and we enjoy the parisienne underground (& by that I don't mean the Subway)

As far as the buddha bar is concerned, it's a short walk from la place de la concorde and you can find pics on this thread itself from my previous travels.

You the man Gogster. Thanks.
Great pics, where are the chicks??!! Man!!,... Im a regular poet!!
Sorry Sam didnt mean to sound as if you were there for the first time.
Whenever I go to Paris, i feel its my first time and every time I must visit the Louvre..each time I find something more fascinating to see there than the last. While you're at it, quickly grab a Cinammon and Raisin bun/roll from one of the oh so many Paul's bakers and eat it for me please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Maybe I missed a page, hope not... what is that bike with two front wheels?
Thats the Toyota Celica Mate!! (Sorry could'nt resist that one Thad!!)
The two front wheeled thingy....think it looks like a Piaggio/Piaggo as it has the Piaggio emblem on it.
Guys, that Blue and white, six cylinder monster Honda...isn't it the Valkyerie (have I got the spelling right?)

Last edited by V-16 : 11th September 2007 at 02:05. Reason: add
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 02:10   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Default YetiBlog® - An evening in Paris

I'm back into Paris. It's bright and medium sunny. Cloudy but medium clear skies.

I get into a refreshingly different Volkwagen Passat with a very very talkative driver. It's a little difficult. My French is not bad, but he is Algerian and his accent is harder for me. Not that the parisienne accent is silky smooth for me either.
Bon, Bon, oui, oui. Way!!

Monsiuer, traffic jam, n'est ce pas normale aujourd hui. Va zup zup zip zup OK? Indicating with his hand that he's going to do some gully driving. Oui, pas de probleme says I.

I reach my hotel. It's in the heart of the city, just the way I like it.
I must now wait for my colleagues from New Zealand, Australia and South Africa. I will be joining the Kiwis to enjoy the Kiwi Italy Rugby match.

I rest for an hour. But I cannot sit in beautiful Paris, in a hotel room. Besides, I am the Yeti. What am I supposed to do, report on my typically miniscule parisienne hotel room? I walk out onto the beautiful street.

I am too tired to do a long walk today. I take the incredible Metro to La Place de La Concorde. Did you know that the Paris metro runs on rubber tyres???? This is why it is so smooth. What you may not know, is that the Paris metro is the oldest metro network in the world, 107 years old!!

Ahhhh. My Paris. I place my backside on the wall and slow my mind down. Paris is truly beautiful.
I can think of no better way to spend by myself. Just slow down, go into music video mode and watch the world go by. Beautiful.

France is fully charged for the world cup Rugby. They've put a giant Ferris wheel at the concorde for the visitors. It's the largest giant wheel I've ever seen.

Concorde has to lovely fountains on the left and right.

The one on the right surprises me and I burst out laughing loudly. Typical french humour. Someone has emptied a bottle of shampoo in the fountain.

There's foam flying everywhere! And it smells good too. No harm is actually done, but the authorities will have to drain the fountain out.

As always, the evening has some great cars. I love La Place de La concorde. I chill out, waiting for the guys to reach Paris.

Soon my mobile rings. It's time to go. I take the Metro back. There they are.

Many drinks later, I stagger back to my room. It's been a long day today. I've been in 3 different countries all in today's date. I'm pooped. But truly happy.

Goodnight.
Old 11th September 2007, 02:12   #383
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
... what is that bike with two front wheels?
Its called a piaggio mp3.

cya
R

ps - nice pics sam. Im still waiting for that circular saw video though!

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th September 2007 at 02:13.
Rehaan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 02:27   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

cya
R
A scooter named after a musical device.Is that why Sam has taken its Pic?

Sam loved the pics of the 220S ponton convertible. rare and very valuable even abroad.
Re your hotel street, It looks deceptively similar to the street in which I stayed the last time. The hotel has wierd sweets on the reception packed in psychedellic wrappers. You needed goggles to just look at them
Mine was a boutique hotel at Opera, opp some theatres with an elevator which was 2'5' X 3.0'. Either me or the bags could come in, but most Paris hotels have elevators like these. and the only thing boutique about it was the very beautiful and petite owner/receptionist and the room. Cant remember the name....?
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 07:34   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

The newspaper here today had an advertisement for the Blue Men Group's forthcoming show at Tokyo on 1st December. If not for the time spent on the Yeti Blog, I would have just skipped the ad, without knowing what the hell it is all about. Thanks, Sam.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 10:02   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Blue Men Group's ..... Thanks, Sam.
YW SB. If you are still in Tokyo when it happens, book it in advance and see it. I strongly recommend it.

@V-16, yeah Gogi, all paris hotel elevators and passages are incredibly small. The rooms aren't too different either. The passageway leading to my room was so thin I had to take my bag in sideways. Considering that it was more expensive than the Maritim in Berlin (220Euro a night), I was shocked to say the least.

Take a look at the bloody passage that lead to my room!

Old 11th September 2007, 10:05   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
A scooter named after a musical device.Is that why Sam has taken its Pic?
That is a 6000E scooter boys! (About Rs. 3 lacs) Getting rather popular in Europe.
Old 11th September 2007, 10:34   #388
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

Hey Sam, you probably didn't know it, but the next door to the right in that photograph is actually the headquarters of the FIA, the governing body for world motorsport. And right next to that one is the FFSA, the sporting authority of France. Beautiful buildings, inside and out.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 11:17   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
... to the right in that photograph is actually the headquarters of the FIA, the governing body for world motorsport. And right next to that one is the FFSA, the sporting authority of France.
No wonder you keep going to Paris Rtech. Thanks for that info, I did not know it.
Old 11th September 2007, 14:53   #390
Senior - BHPian

nice to see someone turn the fountain into a bubble bath . nice pictures of the pontoon convertible and the this my friend is a ferrari f430.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote