Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 12th September 2007, 10:17   #406
Team-BHP Support

Terrific photographs Sam. You've sold me on that Nikon!
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 11:50   #407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Terrific photographs Sam. You've sold me on that Nikon!
Thank you RT. And thanks guys, for appreciating the photos.

I'd like to mention that I was using my new Nikon D40 DSLR. It performed flawlessly, in all modes. Right from Night 1600 ASA to high speed shutter (for sports and moving cars)

It got continuously wet in Hungary (with a temperature of 2 degs) and a few days later worked perfectly at 36 degs in the south of france.
I took 1000 photos and had to charge my battery only once.

The picture quality is there for you to see. What makes this camera a near perfect choice is it's very affordable price.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 12:17   #408
BHPian

Love your writing style! Photos of Paris brings back memories of 2000 when I was there. Recognised most places but just dont seem to recollect any names.
About the Metro there, I found some of the long interconnecting passages between stations remind me of dingy back alleys in busy commercial areas in India. Those passages used to stink!
gt_bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 13:24   #409
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Random YetiPhotos® - Walking through Paris - before lunch

Old 12th September 2007, 14:15   #410
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Brace yourselves boys!! For the Yeti is going to post an unforgivably romantic photo. A photo you will never forget.
Never been seen before, a Team-BHP exclusive!!

Remember boys, we at Team-BHP respect all people of all races, age, gender and sexual preferences. So be a little careful when you post in reaction to that photo.

Now I'm going to sit back and watch the fun.
Hey , I agree we do respect people of all races , ages , gender and sexual preferences but posting a pic of this sort is definitely not a done thing . Would I be allowed to post one of some beauties smoochin on the beach -- I DONT THINK SO , it wud get deleted way before I would even press the post button .

But luv the pics of the weird looking scooties .. and the cars -- but pls can you spare us the men pics , women is fine though !!

Cheers
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 14:28   #411
Distinguished - BHPian

Default YetiPhotos® - Le Palais Royale and a little wedding

I walk through the Palace before we go to the Grand Colbert for lunch. The company has arranged for a nice gourmet meal at the restaurant for my colleagues and I. But there is a little time.

A few pictures on my way to the palace.

It's a beautiful afternoon at the Palais Royale, the sun peeks out every now and then from between the clouds, reminding people of who's in charge around here. People are soaking it in, basking in the sun's glory, sitting around the palace gardens.

Have I mentioned to you how much I love the sun?

Some are eating lunch, some resting in between work. Some read. Everyone looks peaceful. Have we forgotten how to live?
Is there more to life than getting into a car, driving to work 6 days a week, eating at your desk and driving back, waiting for Sunday, just so you can sleep all day in your own home? What are we doing?

I quickly promise myself, once again, that my life will be one long holiday before I die.

Thom Yorke's "Black Swan" is playing in my head as I watch the old man sleep in the sun. Children laugh and throw bread into the fishpond, but I do not hear them. I can hear Thom singing. It's music video time again.

Then I see the little wedding. So beautiful I almost forget to take pictures. I look at the bride and groom and smile. Look at them. So happy. She is so beautiful, isn't she?

Stop looking at the bridal car. lol.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 12th September 2007 at 14:38.
Old 12th September 2007, 14:35   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Hey , I agree we do respect people of all races , ages , gender and sexual preferences ... . Would I be allowed to post one of some beauties smoochin on the beach --
Hey Khaadu how are you man?
I'm not posting a random picture of people smooching, you can get those everywhere off the internet (In fact you can get pictures of far more than kissing, lol).

Paris is romantic, and the Eiffel tower is beautiful to many.
You may not appreciate men kissing, but it is romantic, no matter how you look at it. I find it romantic.

If a picture of 2 women kissing on the beach add to to the culture and tradition and atmosphere of the place and add value to the story you're telling - I can assure you it won't be deleted. I'll stake my word on it. But if you post a picture of two random lesbian women kissing for no reason, it might

Please do not take the story out of the picture. Without the context behind it, it's just two guys kissing.

If it offends you, I apologise to you.

Now I'll get back to my story telling.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 12th September 2007 at 14:40.
Old 12th September 2007, 14:58   #413
BANNED

Im good but somehow 2 men kissing can't be cute from any angle ( sorry if I think that way ) !! I luv the rest of the story and the pics but that one pic has me pretty pukey .... just one of them things in life that I have a phobia of .

Carry on writing ... Im following every story and picture with a lot of interest !!
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 18:04   #414
Distinguished - BHPian

Default A little Church before Lunch

I visit a very non touristy small little church on my way to the restaurant. It's called Notre Dame Des Victoires, not to be confused with the famous Notre Dame.

It's small but has a great quiet energy inside. This is the little church where napoleon went for blessings before a war. Beautiful and serene.

Then it's time for a fantastic lunch. Everything has been pre arranged, as you can see from the menu. I sit with my colleagues as they excitedly discuss the matches, tonight and tomorrow.
Beautiful restaurant. The food is excellent too.

Unfortunately after lunch, the waiter drops my espresso on my jeans. While they are most apologetic, I know it's not their fault. Mistakes happen.

Lunch is over, I now take a 4 hour walk. A Team-BHP wild hunt, if you will.

Are you ready for this?
Old 12th September 2007, 18:17   #415
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful Photos SAM - Simply Beautiful !!!

I like your romantic photo also of the 2 Males !!! It most certainly is a T-BHP Exclusive !!! Allright then !!

Anyways - Simply great photos once again SAM. I am now sure to be going to Paris next time I visit London. Never been to Paris before but yr pics have tempted me. Will go along with the wifey !!

Awaiting yr next pics !!
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 18:22   #416
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Random YetiPhotos® - a 4 hour car and bike hunt

Here are the first set of 15 images. I would love it if all were identified. Enjoy!!!

Let's start with 2 beautiful Guzzis parked together. Yumm.

Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 18:35   #417
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Random YetiPhotos® - a 4 hour car and bike hunt - Part Deux

Here are 15 more photos for your pleasure - after all this is an automobile forum, lol. And remember, you have to identify everything you can.

The YetiHunt® for more cars and bikes will resume tomorrow.

Also included will be visits to Parisienne car showrooms, so hold on your your hats people!

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 12th September 2007 at 18:45.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 18:39   #418
Senior - BHPian

Phew. Now I can leave office in peace. Knowing that I've gone through your aj-ka-posts.

Could you not have extended your holiday to cover some more countries ??
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 18:52   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Could you not have extended your holiday to cover some more countries ??
lol I have pictures from years of holidays. From many countries.

3 years ago if someone would tell me that I'd be taking pictures of strange cars and motorcycles I would have fallen down laughing.
Now the world sees a large man armed with a camera aiming at random vehicles on the street lol. Team-BHP has ruined me.
Old 12th September 2007, 19:06   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's huge, it's phallic and the symbol of France.
They've suspended a huge rugby ball on the tower. Great, first a penis and now one ball too.
Hmmmmm....!!

Quote:
Whats this Sam the other one??

Lovely read through. I must say you have a way with words and the camera. Was meaning to ask you which Digicam you were using but I know now its a Nikon. Wonderful pics and very good angles. I'm headed to buy this one specially since the price seems so good. Great going Yeti (I'll reserve Sam Chaddi for the later part of your tour where you'll be compelled to be yourself.). Have fun my friend and do visit the Paris underground sewers or Les égouts which one usually avoids. One can view the city from another vantage. Its a revelation if you've not already done it.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote