Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 17th September 2007, 19:27   #511
Senior - BHPian

beautiful pics Sam. You just made me feel like i was there. This is definitely the best of the best threads. The sights, the cars, the women, the architecture, all worth a visit at least once in a lifetime.

And the TGV? Aaaah, how i loved the super fast ride to Paris from Grenoble last year. Although a tad expensive even with a season discount it was worth every cent. The Opera is just another thing i would love to visit during my next trip. Somehow missed it due to a very short stay.

Sam did u happen to visit Fontainbleau which is just outside Paris (approx 55km)? It has a lovely chateau situated in a obscenely vast expanse of land, has a lake, humungous garden etc and used to be the Napoleon's favorite haunt.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 18:50   #512
Senior - BHPian

I luv the Low Waist Jeans - Samajh Jayo !!
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 19:42   #513
Senior - BHPian

513 posts, 35 pages, and the Yetiblog chugs along, true to the great Kapasi tradition...

Just a thought...can we have a CD with the entire transcripts of the travelogues? Or at least the entire collection of pics...cars, bikes, towers, meadows, monuments....aah...

P.S- Really nice pics of the Yamaha FZR, Suzuki GSR & TL...would have preferred headlight angles, though...and oh yes...that B-E-A-yootiful Z-1000...

Last edited by veyron1 : 18th September 2007 at 19:43.
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 21:50   #514
Senior - BHPian

great going sam, love the pictures and the open matcvh screening would have been fun. the picture with the trees on either side side looks tempting enough to do a quater mile on.
keep it comming brother. loveing every minute of it.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 21:58   #515
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry I've been neglecting this thread, some urgent work came up.
Thank you for enjoying it.

The story will continue tomorrow believe it or not, there is more to tell.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 22:08   #516
Team-BHP Support

Lovely pics Sam. Trust me when I say my eyes were never as relaxed as when I saw the pics.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 22:13   #517
Senior - BHPian

Great pictures, sorry for being monotonous, but can't help appreciating the beauty of these pictures. Well done Sam.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 23:10   #518
Team-BHP Support

yaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn tooooooooo booooooooooring......... nice cam though

just kidding bro, as usual keep it coming

Jaggu
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 18:56   #519
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Must Watch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

We reach the messe. Halle no 18 is ours. Some of my colleagues have been here for days and days setting this up. I know this year will be a great IFA. We're taken all of halle 18 - biggest in the fair this year. Us and Samsung. It takes my breath away. Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
That hall really does look amazing! Looks serene!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The entire hall is JBL/Harman?? It's huge. Awesome stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
wow the halls look amazing in the different colours.
This was the best exhibition hall I'd ever seen. However this was the second year in a row that the same Wenger-Wittmann concept was used.

I'd been dying to show you guys this - a MUST WATCH time-lapse video on how it was all made. A 35 day time lapse video made for the booth last year, I truly believe it will make your hair stand on end. Enjoy!

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 20th September 2007 at 19:02.
Old 20th September 2007, 19:03   #520
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic Video SAM !! The Music is SImply Good ..

We here in India have a loooooong way to go !!
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2007, 17:16   #521
Distinguished - BHPian

Default The YetiBlog® is back - A take on les bicycles

Thank you for your patience and sorry for my extended absence, I was travelling. Thanks for those lovely PMs. I will continue the story now.

I am truly enjoying Paris. Rather than run around in a guided tour to see as many monuments as possible, I take my time in everyday, city life. I am breathing and walking the city. Walking through, I realise how seriously people take bicycling as a mode of transport. Not only in Paris but throughout Europe.
In India, bicycling is most reserved for children and the milkman.

I am not referring to those sleek, leotard and funny helmet wearing people that compete in the tour-de-france. I'm talking of regular people on regular bicycles.
Good for health and good for the city of course.

I saw so many beautiful bicycles of various shapes and sizes.

But then I saw a lot of folks on the same identical bicycle. This one.

I make a few enquiries - the advantages of having french friends - and found out it was a city initiative.

As a citizen you can sign up for the bicycle program. The registration is about 20 Euro per year. After this you get a bicycle card.
There are over 200 bicycle parking stations through the city.

The method? Simple. Take a bicycle from the parking lot (there is an electronic locking system). The bicycles are well maintained with a headlamp and a shopping basket etc. Take it where you want and drop it off wherever. At the nearest bicycle stop.

The first half hour is free of charge. later it is about 1 euro per hour. So basically, you can take a cycle, ride it to the location you want to go, leave it at the nearest parking stop, finish all your work and take another and come back. An ingenious and wonderful transport solution.

Some pictures of the bicycle parking stops. Enjoy.

I know you guys will find this most interesting.
Old 23rd September 2007, 18:03   #522
Senior - BHPian

Sam the last 2 shots are very well composed my friend. The angle of the shots are brilliant.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2007, 21:04   #523
Distinguished - BHPian

Default YetiBlog® - A pet shop

I'm walking for approximately 10 hours a day. I love it. Walking through the streets I see a street full of happy chirping and some excited kids.

In a moment I realise it's a pet shop. Well, not really a shop, but a stall that sells the animals and birds.
It feels cruel for a few minutes (and I am sure it is) but I decide not to think about that for now and watch the excited, happy children. Some excited adults too.
There are hamsters and parrots and brightly coloured little birds. There are african parrots that speak French, lol. That's disconcerting at the least. Excuse me, that parrot speaks better french than I!

There is a happy energy here. I stand around for a while, take a few pics and then walk on.

A slow walk by the seine, towards the pont neuf.

On the way I smile at the guy in an bright orange helmet riding his lovely Vespa.

Once again I will see the young Parisiennes, sitting by the river side with their little picnic baskets - small bottles of wine and some bread and cheese.

Hey! A small bottle of wine, some cheese and bread sounds like a great idea. "S'il vous plait, madame? Une petite bouteille de vin blanc, du pain et du fromage (pointing). Oui. Merci. Combien? Merci. Au revoir! "

I sit down, at the embankment with my little picnic for 1. It's going to be a great evening

Old 23rd September 2007, 21:57   #524
Senior - BHPian

I really don't know what to say on this thread.So i won't say anything apart from a thank you for the lovely pics and nice read.

What camera do you use?
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2007, 22:28   #525
Distinguished - BHPian

Ahhh... You obviously wouldn't have any problems with the Pondicherry street names!

Its sort-of weird that my Tamil wife can't make a Tamil-speaking auto driver understand where our hotel is!!!
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote