Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 25th September 2007, 20:45   #541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
... if you are ever in Paris, make sure that you are out at 5 minutes to any hour, when it's dark. The eiffel tower goes MAD for 5 minutes!!!
Those pics were stupendous Sam. Sadly i couldnt be anywhere close to the Eiffel to see the shimmer when I was in Paris last year. Had a good opportunity to see and capture (on video) some lovely fireworks display (at the disney village) which was part of the National Day celebrations.

Will pop in to Paris hopefully soon and I wont miss it.

I've got over 600 pics from my trip last year, but havent put it on a travel experience yet. This thread is my inspiration to do so (thanx Sam)

Last edited by n_aditya : 25th September 2007 at 20:46.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 21:10   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

I've got over 600 pics from my trip last year, but havent put it on a travel experience yet. This thread is my inspiration to do so (thanx Sam)
sorry, u had your chance.

just kidding, hope to see more of the world thru your eyes.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 21:48   #543
Distinguished - BHPian

Ahh... the cruise pics: I'd been waiting for those

DerAlte... you are right, I am a 1950s child and my humour was formed by such as Spike Millegan and Kenneth Horne. I guess the newer era of stand-up comics allows us to explore a world of mental picture absurdity and surrealism free from the visual force-feeding of the TV sketch (although they can be pretty good too, of course)
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 22:00   #544
Senior - BHPian

Sam,

I have seen the Eiffel start to shimmer and it is absolutely wonderful. I have pics and I have a nice video too. And I took pictures of each and every thing that you have taken on the cruise !! (Of course i was not the guest of honor on a dinner cruise)

Damn - you took me back 3 years. Thanks man.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2007, 23:01   #545
BHPian

Oh, the Eiffel tower going 'mad' is one of the most beautiful sights I've seen... truly amazing. It's like one big 'phuljhari' in the sky that last for 5 whole minutes. I too tried to take some pics, but they were all a complete waste... shooting as I was back then, with a piddly little P&S film camera!!

I agree with NC, you've brought back some sweet memories Sam. In fact, I was in Paris exactly four years ago, to the date... just checked my passport for the arrival stamp Many thanks!!

Last edited by Wimwian : 25th September 2007 at 23:03.
Wimwian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 12:04   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

Default ... and so my story's told.

It's early the next morning. I packed last night. I wake up and lug my suitcase down (No patience to wait for the bellhop). As expected the taxi is well before time, waiting for me.

I go straight to CDG in silence. I'm in no mood to chat with the cabby. I reach the airport and go the the air france counter.
Oh now there's some confusion, because I didn't take the flight I was supposed to and now I must pay air france again. Oh well. It was still worth it.

I check in and spend some time buying stuff at the duty free.
Then I proceed to the gate. A last few photos at the airport.

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

And then I see the display.

Soon I board and I'm in Bombay, a fairly uneventful flight.

For such a long tale, I know there should have been a more fiery and exciting end, but I'm sorry. A damp squib end is all I got. I was sad to leave, but kinda happy to be going back to dal chawal again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so my story's told.

Thank you. Almost 22000 views is a lot of views for a thread that hasn't been around that long. It has truly doubled my excitement and joy, to be able to share it with all of you.

Thank you - those that read and commented and those that read, smiled and moved on to the next thread. And to the support team for tolerating my excesses without any warnings and edits. I appreciate it.

Goodbye, goodluck and thanks once again for everything.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 26th September 2007 at 12:08.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 12:15   #547
Team-BHP Support

Its come to an end?! Where's the wailing smiley?? :((
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 12:19   #548
Team-BHP Support

This is kinda like The Truman Show when Jim Carrey leaves his bubble and the show is pulled...everyone is like "ok, now what do we do"! lol
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 12:41   #549
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Sam ji. I had an amazing Europe trip through your eyes without spending a single Euro. Amazing thread, but I'm sad it ended. Don't have much to look forward to now. cheers:
shuvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 13:26   #550
Distinguished - BHPian

I love those odd-looking sleepy chair things in the airport. Wouldn't mind a couple of those for home

I'm sure that your arrival on return to India had its charms too. I don't know what the weather is like where you are, but every time I arrive in Chennai and feel that humid heat, I feel like India is throwing its arms around me and giving me a big, wet kiss!
Old 27th September 2007, 01:06   #551
Senior - BHPian

As described by Sam, it was a very fast, uprupt and uneventful ending of a long story !! I am still checking this thread to find more photos, more exciting stories, descriptions etc. as a routine which has become part of my daily activity for many days in a row.

This situation is almost like kids sitting around a story teller and listening to an exciting story. Once its over, every kid would plead for another one, and another one, and it goes on for hours either until the story teller runs out of time, or the kids get tired of listening or hungry. Readers here are kids, we plead for more story now. Samji, do you have another european or east asian visits in store ? Can we wait for something as "Coming Soon" !!
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 04:41   #552
Senior - BHPian

Odd that Air France uses Boeings.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 08:48   #553
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

I go straight to CDG in silence. I'm in no mood to chat with the cabby. I reach the airport and go the the air france counter.
Oh now there's some confusion, because I didn't take the flight I was supposed to and now I must pay air france again. Oh well. It was still worth it.
I am sure that pretty Air France Check In girl will say:

" He's forgotten his ECNR, bags of the flight, now the flight, when will I get forgotten??

And spends money on my company and not for my company!!!"

I hope you splurged on the duty free for her
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 10:47   #554
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
ASamji, do you have another european or east asian visits in store ? Can we wait for something as "Coming Soon" !!
lol, yes. I am always travelling. I will take photos and maintain a blog whenever I go abroad, happy?
This thread will remain for my future trips to Europe. I love your example of the children listening to another story. Very cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Odd that Air France uses Boeings.
They use both Airbus and Boeing. Be default they have more Airbus, but they also have a lot of 747and 777.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I am sure that pretty Air France Check In girl will say:

" He's forgotten his ECNR, bags of the flight, now the flight, when will I get forgotten??
I did not forget to take my flight baba, I chose not to take it, lol. I wanted to go on that dinner cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I hope you splurged on the duty free for her
Yes of course!!

In fact this whole trip I bought myself nothing. Well, except 2 polo ka chaddis.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 13:20   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

I vote Sam gets sent to America, next time. And not just United-States-of either