Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 16th September 2008, 13:12   #841
Distinguished - BHPian

Default YetiBlog® - 6th Sep 2008 - A Family Party

As the name describes, we have a big family party.

It is a veritable Indo-German feast. I have carried chicken tandoori masala from India. Earlier in the day I buy some boneless chicken and dahi and marinate the whole thing for half a day.

I am going to make fresh chicken tikka, less spicy of course.

Jenny has made some green salad, someone else has made a Kartoffel Salat (Potato salad), Jenny's Dad has brought some wild boar smoked sausages, Jenny's older sister has made masur-ki-dal and Jenny's younger sister and her boyfriend have made chocolate muffins with a hint of chilli.
Add to this the fact that Jenny's BIL's mum has made a delectable traditional Apple Pie and we have some home made cake and you have some idea what I am talking about.

The Yeti's European Odyssey - It begins again from pg 12-dsc_3157_thumb.jpg

The Yeti's European Odyssey - It begins again from pg 12-dsc_3161_lowres.jpg

The Yeti's European Odyssey - It begins again from pg 12-dsc_3174_lowres.jpg

So that's what they mean by too many cooks, lol.

The Yeti's European Odyssey - It begins again from pg 12-dsc_3179_lowres.jpg

The Yeti's European Odyssey - It begins again from pg 12-dsc_3181_lowres.jpg

The Yeti's European Odyssey - It begins again from pg 12-dsc_3182_lowres.jpg

The evening ends beautifully, with the reading of a lovely poem written by Jenny's sisters for the 2 of us and they give us little gifts in little bags. Each bag signifies what they wish for us.
The Yeti's European Odyssey - It begins again from pg 12-dsc_3200_lowres.jpg

The Yeti's European Odyssey - It begins again from pg 12-dsc_3201_lowres.jpg

And so finally, a simple traditional German family finally accepts a man from a land many miles away, into its fold.

It is a warm and full evening.
Unfortunately, this is also my last evening in Germany.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 16th September 2008 at 13:16.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 13:40   #842
Distinguished - BHPian

Default YetiBlog® - 7th Sep 2008 - I'm leaving

We get up and Jenny repacks my bag. Somehow both of us have the feeling that I am carrying back too much stuff from the exhibition (Goodies and what-nots)

I spend a little time faffing around with the children. It distracts me from what is going to happen next.
I spend most of the morning in Robins room, playing with Celia and him and his train set.

The Yeti's European Odyssey - It begins again from pg 12-dsc_3209_lowres.jpg

The Yeti's European Odyssey - It begins again from pg 12-dsc_3212_lowres.jpg

The Yeti's European Odyssey - It begins again from pg 12-dsc_3214_lowres.jpg

The Yeti's European Odyssey - It begins again from pg 12-robiceli_lowres.jpg

The Yeti's European Odyssey - It begins again from pg 12-dsc_3223_lowres.jpg

Soon it's time to leave. I get a 100 kissies from the children and the adults.
Jenny will drive me to Frankfurt - it will take on 30 odd minutes. We are well in time.

Even the sun has finally come out to say goodbye to me.

The Yeti's European Odyssey - It begins again from pg 12-dsc_3226_lowres.jpg
I wave goodbye to everyone. I will miss them terribly.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 13:40   #843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, this is also my last evening in Germany.
man,
you had really phataphat written this travelogue.
travelogue was neat well described with great pics as usual but it was lacking special effects.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 16th September 2008 at 13:49.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 14:03   #844
Distinguished - BHPian

Default YetiBlog® - 7th Sep 2008

It is a quiet drive to the Airport. The feelings that are going through my head are too personal to describe.

It is a beautiful AutoBahn, leading us quickly to the airport. There is a fiasco at check-in. As expected, my bags are too heavy.

We start unpacking and I leave my shoes and many other heavy items with Jenny. Soon the bag is in and I am with her at the Airport.
There are moments when you could look at the watch and will for the seconds hand to slow down. I stared at it, wishing and willing that it could go backwards, that it would at least stop...

Soon we're at immigration and she can come no further. It is a tearful and emotional goodbye - one of the worst I have ever had. As I write this my heart is sinking thinking of those moments.
Instead of getting used to the goodbyes, they are getting harder and worse.

As I approach the officer, my heart tells me to stop, before he stamps me out of this country, go to Lufthansa and change my flight for the next day.
But I don't think I could go through this goodbye again the next day again. I walk upto the desk, he looks at my passport and stamps it.
I'm out of the country again.

I turn around to see her standing there, holding my all my things with tears in her eyes. There is a half wave from her as I walk into the secure area. I walk further and then there is a little glass window from where I can see her. She walks with me from across the crowd.
I walk on further and a few seconds later when I turn left, there she is, walking by my side, we're together - just separated by a small political boundary.

I turn right and I'm gone. Time to fly home.

The End.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 16th September 2008 at 14:06.
Old 16th September 2008, 14:09   #845
Senior - BHPian

sambhai,
your last post overtaken entire travelogue.
thats life and one has to face it.
Old 16th September 2008, 14:16   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
There are moments when you could look at the watch and will for the seconds hand to slow down. I stared at it, wishing and willing that it could go backwards, that it would at least stop...

Soon we're at immigration and she can come no further. It is a tearful and emotional goodbye - one of the worst I have ever had. As I write this my heart is sinking thinking of those moments.
Instead of getting used to the goodbyes, they are getting harder and worse.

I turn around to see her standing there, holding my all my things with tears in her eyes. There is a half wave from her as I walk into the secure area. I walk further and then there is a little glass window from where I can see her. She walks with me from across the crowd.
I walk on further and a few seconds later when I turn left, there she is, walking by my side, we're together - just separated by a small political boundary.

I turn right and I'm gone. Time to fly home.

The End.

Damn - i guess you should exclude your goodbyes from the travelogues - they get too emotional for some of us. Always brings back memories from my life and not just related to good-byes.

You are too good at bringing someone's emotions to the fore.
kalpeshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 14:18   #847
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Epilogue

Frankfurt airport is being renovated. A little inconvenient in places, but quietly efficient nonetheless.
German efficiency no longer surprises me. Even I am getting to believe that when something says it is going to work, it usually does.

The Yeti's European Odyssey - It begins again from pg 12-dsc_3228_lowres.jpg

The Yeti's European Odyssey - It begins again from pg 12-dsc_3229_lowres.jpg

Security check is great fun. After I take my belt, watch and other stuff off to out in my tray, I pull off my Jacket and the officer sees my Bob Marley tee-shirt.

Hey, you like the man eh?
I look at him confused, my mind is full of thoughts. Huh?
Bob Marley - he says pointing at my teeshirt - you like Reggae?
Yes, I smile.
We talk about Peter Tosh for a few minutes.
I grin and wave to him and stand under the metal detector.
Hey OK! Says the second officer with a big grin and a thumbs up, because I wait under the detector.
The other guy that normally does the frisking looks at my tee-shirt and sings loudly Hey, get up, stand up, stand up for your right!
I laugh and wave. I thought German Security guys were supposed to be unfriendly.

The flight is uneventful - I cannot sleep at all, no matter what I do.

It is past 1 when I reach Mumbai Airport. I climb down the stairs to the immigration area and I look around me. It's been a while since I was surrounded by so many people. I see people pushing their bags, leaving luggage in inconvenient locations so others can trip over them, breaking lines, trying to be the first to get their passport stamped.

I see a pillar that has been shaved down to the concrete completely. Mumbai Airport is also being renovated. On the pillar in yellow chalk, some official has scribbled TOI on the first line and LET on the lower line with an arrow pointing to the left.

For the visually impaired, the airport authorities have left a trail of urine smell right upto the indicated pillar.

I pull my suitcase off the baggage belt and pass customs quickly. I step out into the familiar Bombay air and look around quickly. I see all kinds of people waiting for their loved ones, hotel pick-ups waiting for their clients and the general buzz and energy at the airport.

Behind all of that buzz surrounded by an aura of peaceful cool I spot Gautam, chilling near a pillar.

Eye contact - a quick smile and nod and we meet across the sea of people 5 minutes later with a hug.

Kaisa raha?
Awesome.

Now I am home.

----------------------------------------------------

Many thanks for reading the Odyssey '08 - I really enjoyed sharing it with you in all its detail. It took hours to write and takes hours to read all of it and for those few hours, we were travelling together.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 16th September 2008 at 14:36.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 14:29   #848
Senior - BHPian

Forget the sad part.
Lets see the happy part-
When are you getting married?

Funny we won't have a photo blog for your marriage.because i'm sure no one will let you take pics on that day.
When's it happening and i hope we're all invited.

And lastly.thank you for the wonderful photo blog.I feel like I've been to germany.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 16th September 2008 at 14:34.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 14:32   #849
Senior - BHPian

We thank you SAM for making all of us see the other end of the world the beauties,read along your beautifully narrated travelogues,ive never ever read any stories or novels,but i dont forget to go thru your Travelogues,Thanks alot matey,I am sure what ever you write makes many of our days go great..have a great day cheers

"This is just the beginning of the YETI life"

Ramie

Last edited by ramie2400 : 16th September 2008 at 14:33.
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 15:46   #850
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
I really enjoyed sharing it with you in all its detail. It took hours to write and takes hours to read all of it and for those few hours, we were travelling together.
Emotions are sometimes, universal Sam. And probably on account of it, the pen (which can cut across a wide-spread audience),shall always remain mightier than the sword (which can only cut across an audience within it's own reach).

Lovely pics & narration, yet again.

So, when is she here next.!!!
SRShrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 15:50   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Forget the sad part.
Lets see the happy part-
When are you getting married?

Funny we won't have a photo blog for your marriage.because i'm sure no one will let you take pics on that day.
When's it happening and i hope we're all invited.

And lastly.thank you for the wonderful photo blog.I feel like I've been to germany.
He can always ask some of his friends for the doing that. And yes - that's going to be one hell of a roller coaster ride, because of his writing style.
kalpeshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 15:58   #852
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
So, when is she here next.!!!
TheOne® will be here on very short holiday next month.

Later she will also be moving to India by the end of 2008, hopefully we will find her a suitable job in Mumbai soon.

Yes, this is final and official news.
Old 16th September 2008, 16:22   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Later she will also be moving to India by the end of 2008,
So,
i can sing that song in December 8 / January 9 for thecouple.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 16th September 2008 at 16:25.
Old 16th September 2008, 16:40   #854
BHPian

Thumbs up

Gr8 News, my friend.

CONGRATULATIONS.

Let's celebrate this.

cheers:

Quote:
TheOne® will be here on very short holiday next month.

Later she will also be moving to India by the end of 2008, hopefully we will find her a suitable job in Mumbai soon.

Yes, this is final and official news.
SRShrikanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2008, 17:04   #855
Team-BHP Support

Samie dear,

Really enjoyed the flight, thank you for sharing. (with your usual brilliant narration )

cheers
Jaggu
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote