| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|22nd August 2015, 11:55||#1|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Apr 2013
Thanked: 3,388 Times
M4 GTS - The new edge for BMW
Although it seems the 2-door M4 was released just yesterday to raise the bar set by the 5 door M3, with Mercedes & Audi breathing down the neck of BMW in what used to be their monopoly territory (driving feel), they have decided to use every edge possible to reclaim the title of ultimate driving machine - introducing the first live footage of M4 GTS in Nurburgring track -
The following are the changes from the regular M4 :
- 265 R19 & 285 R20 tyres for front & rear respectively. 10 mm wider sections each along with +1 inch rim size for front & +2 inch for rear.
- Water injection system that cools the air before surging into the inlet manifold thus increasing boost pressure.
- 2 radiators
- A rise of about 35 bhp from the regular M4.
- Carbon fibre front splitter and rear wing spoiler which can be adjusted manually for down-force.
- OLED tail-lamps.
- Complete carbon-fibre reinforced plastic hood to balance out the additional frontal weight due to engine enhancements.
- A uniquely programmed EPS (much like the regular M4) which eliminates electric assist when the steering is returning to centre after tight turns, thus giving a huge naturalistic feedback when the car is aligning back to straight. Also its programmed to iron out tightness using a bigger steering motor, during quick manoeuvres but not cut out feedback.
Very useful yet minor tweaks, I think this company still holds the top rank when it comes to raw emotional driving.
Additional Link :http://www.caranddriver.com/news/bmw...r-core-m4-news
|22nd August 2015, 12:43||#2|
Join Date: Jul 2015
Thanked: 28 Times
Re: M4 GTS - The new edge for BMW
They took an attractive car and made it look really silly, but doubtlessly it'll be fast.
I will say that the spoiler looks like garbage. There are so many active aero applications these days and this is the best BMW could come up with?
At least the idea of an M3/4 coupe hardcore version is something to get excited about. We'll see how the exact numbers look.
|The following BHPian Thanks charlessuresh for this useful post:|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Porsche launches the Boxster GTS and Cayman GTS in India||Aditya||Super-Cars & Imports in India||2||17th May 2016 02:08|
|2010 BMW M3 GTS (csl)||sidindica||The International Automotive Scene||11||18th May 2011 16:02|
|Cayenne GTS or BMW X6? EDIT : Decided on Cayenne!||shreyas28||Luxury, Imports & Niche||32||18th August 2009 16:35|
|New Mahindra-Logan 'Edge' launched||windsurfer||The Indian Car Scene||42||19th February 2009 03:44|
|2 Porsche Carrera GTs booked in Bombay!!||GTO||Super-Cars & Imports in India||32||15th September 2004 01:07|