Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 23rd September 2016, 16:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range

Volkswagen electric vehicle shown in new design sketches.

Volkswagen has released new pictures of its first electric-only model ahead of its full reveal at the Paris motor show next week.
Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range-vwev1.jpg
Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range-vwev2.jpg
Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range-vwev3.jpg
Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range-vwev4.jpg
Quote:
The images confirm it gets futuristic lighting and a rear roofline that extends out beyond the tailgate. With no combustion engine to feed, the car's nose is short and has no grille.

The model, which has been scheduled for release in 2019, will be capable of travelling between 250 and 300 miles on a single charge, according to VW Group CEO Matthias Müller, with charging only taking 15 minutes.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd September 2016 at 16:13.
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2016, 20:27   #17
BHPian

The doors, the headlights, the perforations in the front bumper all reminds me of the tata megapixel concept!
Of course this looks much more sportier in proportions compared to the upright city car proportions of the tata!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range-tatamegapixelconceptdesignsketch05.jpg  

N.r.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 21:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen has revealed the VW I.D. concept car ahead of the 2016 Paris Motor Show.

The production version of the I.D. will be sold in parallel with the VW Golf, meaning that the I.D. will share similar a similar footprint to the popular family hatchback. It’s underpinned by a completely new MEB architecture, which has been exclusively developed for electric vehicles across the VW Group. All vehicles based on the MEB platform will be powered by lithium-ion batteries.

With a claimed range of between 250 to 372 miles, the Volkswagen I.D. also features a fully automated driving mode, which VW says will be available to customers from 2025.

Visually, the I.D. adopts a completely new design language that will be exclusive to VW’s future range of EVs. The front end is completely blanked off, while new digital headlamps are wrapped in LED daytime running lights.

Quote:
The two-tone body is another distinctive feature, while the windscreen stretches back to the rear of the car to give a full-length panoramic roof. There are also new ultra slim taillights that extend onto the rear haunches. There are no detailed interior images of the I.D. but can see that the concept is a four-seater, even though a production version is likely to have five seats. There’s also a very minimalist dash and a multifunction steering wheel that retracts into the dash when the fully autonomous I.D. Pilot mode is engaged
Link
Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range-1.jpg
Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range-2.jpg
Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range-3.jpg
Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range-4.jpg
Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range-5.jpg
Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range-6.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th September 2016 at 21:01.
Old 28th September 2016, 21:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

VW's EV- I.D. (iconic design study), size and price of the Golf with interior space of the Passat and 600km range ,coming in 2020 with technology at its best!

Aerodynamically sculpted lines, big showcar wheels, an enormous panoramic glass roof, and narrow LED light elements. Its tall greenhouse features enormous windows, while a prominent crease accentuates the bodysides. There are no traditional door mirrors, as they’ve been replaced by small cameras mounted on the fenders,to reduce drag,

Unveiling,

..and more of concept I. D.

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th September 2016 at 21:58.
Old 29th September 2016, 07:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

Volkwagen's I.D - explained more - fully connected and e-mobility.

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th September 2016 at 08:01.
Old 16th October 2016, 17:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Believed to be from VW an autonomous coupe's patent images are registered with the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range-a1.jpg

Quote:
That being said, not all designs of a concept registered with a patent bureau make it to a car show, so we will have to wait to find out whether this one will actually be introduced at a public event.
Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range-autonomousevconcept.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th October 2016 at 17:29.