Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 15th July 2017, 14:43   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range

Volkswagen to take Tesla head-on. VW's I D will be $ 7000 -$8000 cheaper than Tesla's Model 3!

VW 's upcoming first all-electric vehicle built from the ground up, codenamed I.D. Concept, to take on Tesla’s Model 3.

Specs-wise, it appears to be competitive with the Model 3 on paper, but they never gave a precise price range until now.

Quote:
Volkswagen chief strategist Thomas Sedran said that they were aiming for the vehicle to be about $7,000 to $8,000 cheaper than the Model 3, which would mean about 25,000 euros
link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2017, 17:00   #32
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen at IAA 2017: Preview of the further developed I.D. CROZZ
Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range-updatedvwidcrozz.jpg

New version's design points more towards a production model
Volkswagen is advancing the development of a new generation of innovative electric vehicles and will be presenting a further developed version of the I.D. CROZZ next week at the IAA (International Motor Show, 12-24 September 2017) in Frankfurt (D).

Quote:
The redesigned concept car is based on the all-electric architecture and is characterised by a clean, powerful design. The front and rear end designs, in particular, point more in the direction of a production model. Also defining its styling are the wide bonnet with the front wings contoured in large radii and the roof whose exterior surface is finished in high-gloss black. The highly contemporary SUV look continues into the interior thanks to its compact electric drive and integration of its lithium-ion battery in the vehicle floor, which results in an ‘open space' – a lounge-like spatial concept with four variable individual seats
link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2017, 12:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen originally introduced the I.D. Crozz in April at Auto Shanghai and now it’s about to unveil a slightly updated version .

The updated I.D. Crozz will premiere on September 12 at the Frankfurt Motor Show where VW will also have on display the new Polo, T-Roc, and the Amarok Aventura Exclusive concept.

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2017, 07:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

VW I.D. CROZZ II Revealed, Previews the production model.

Quote:
Designed to preview the 2020 production model, the I.D. Crozz II concept is an electric crossover which is described as an "enhanced version" of the original I.D. Crozz that was shown at the Shanghai Auto Show earlier this year.
Quote:
Power is provided by two electric motors which produce a combined output of 301 hp (225 kW). This enables the all-wheel drive crossover to hit a top speed of 180 km/h (111 mph) and travel up to 500 km (310 miles) on a single charge. When the battery is depleted, it can be given an 80% charge in just 30 minutes thanks to a fast charging system.

Since the I.D. Crozz II concept was envisioned as a high-tech crossover, it comes equipped with an fully automated driving system. It uses four laser scanners on the roof as well as ultrasonic sensors, radar sensors, side area view cameras, and a front camera.
Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range-2.jpg
Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range-3.jpg
Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range-4.jpg
Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range-5.jpg
Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range-6.jpg
Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range-7.jpg
Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range-8.jpg
Volkswagen plans new electric vehicle with a 500 km range-10.jpg

link

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th September 2017 at 07:48.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote