Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Closed Thread

Old 28th June 2016, 13:10   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Britain exiting the European Union

Now the game has changed. It seems that Teresa May has overtaken Boris Johnson in the PM stakes. This is from the financial channels. That will be tough on Boris. The reason, she was being loyal to the chief, and he seems to have changed side somewhere.

Incidentally, things which were not on the Johnson & Farago radar are happening. Fitch and S&P have cut UK ratings from AAA to AA. Reportedly, this is two notches.
Old 15th July 2016, 16:08   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Britain exiting the European Union

So Theresa May it is, and Boris is her Foreign Secretary. Good collective responsibility should muzzle him. I quite like the short and sweet way of change of guard in the UK. No long drawn swearing ceremonies, essentially repeating 95% of the MPs oath.
Old 16th July 2016, 16:25   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post

UK splitting up makes for a good news story, but common sense ultimately prevails.
shortbread, i totally agree with you that an independent Scotland now does not make sense at all.

I, for one, voted 'Remain' and i think the Leave vote has already taken a lot from UK and a further split within the UK will cause nothing but more harm to all involved.

How about a Scottish TBHP meet? I am in Hamilton, just outside Glasgow.
Old 16th July 2016, 17:50   #64
Senior - BHPian

Why would anyone in their right mind choose Boris of all people for Foreign Secretary? The man can't speak two sentences without saying something offensive. Still far better than him being PM I guess, but he was too chicken for it anyway like most of his 'Leave' brigade.

It boggles the mind how everyone in Britain already seems to have forgiven and forgotten the guys who plunged the whole Kingdom into this without a viable plan or hope for the future, then left as soon as they won the vote. No accountability?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th July 2016 at 17:53.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 10:40   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

@Chetan_Rao; you are probably right, but he had to be accommodated in a major portfolio. Keeping him in the cabinet may force his to be quieter and more rational. Let us see, how he manages two crises which have showed up Nice and Turkey. I hope he does not start claiming Promenade des Anglais as British territory.
Old 20th July 2016, 22:23   #66
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Let us see, how he manages two crises which have showed up Nice and Turkey.
The chillingly planned, cold-blooded mass slaughter of French people celebrating Bastille Day in Nice, along with the cold-blooded attempted mass slaughter of Germans on that Bavarian train, would only make those who missed the Brexit vote very, very glad that Britain voted to leave the suigenocide-abetting bureaucratic bullies of Brussels (that masquerade themselves as the EU)!

It's not going to be long before poor France gets its own Frexit vote. The hopeless Hollande and his sidekick Valls are going to be kicked out of office by the long-suffering French people. Just look at how deeply unpopular these Brussels' stooges are:

France should elect a leader who promises to hold an exit referendum, and I hope the French people overwhelmingly vote for Frexit!

Brexit is the beginning. Frexit will practically be the end of the Brussels bullies and their sinister EUrabia project.

One mighty good riddance it would be for the entire world!

Last edited by RSR : 20th July 2016 at 22:50.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 00:55   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

So... Errm... This Europe thing.

You're not keen, right?

Any logical reasons?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 09:30   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Now it seems that TM wants to slow down Brexit as far as she can. Nothing before 2017! Merkel is with her, but the Frogs want GB out asap.
Old 21st July 2016, 09:38   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Brexit is the beginning. Frexit will practically be the end of the Brussels bullies and their sinister EUrabia project.
EUrabia? You mean a concept written down by a highly paranoid author Gisele Littman? I don't think it'll happen, period, irrespective of who chooses to stay with EU.

To my knowledge the pillars of economic power are concentrated in Switzerland, Britain and America, with Israel acting as a centrifuge of sorts. There is one (banking) family which maintains large control of cash and cash reserves starting from England, to France, Germany and Italy. They also have a large say in how Europe as a whole works but lets discount the fact for now since that'll go into conspiracy theories.

What is proven though, is that they established Rhodesia in Africa and the new land of Israel, granted freedom for Brazil from the Portuguese and changed the political climate all by themselves (its a large family). They largely work for the development of western countries and there are more chances that Islamic nations be westernised than the opposite. Its clear that they control the banking system of the entire earth and any opposing country will fall as money is the pillar in today's times.

Maybe I'm missing something but I've read in-depth on the banking structure in Europe and their connections with America (starting with Rockefeller aka Rockefeller Co + JP Morgan Chase) and Canada. They effectively own India as well as we are 100% reliant on the bits and scraps they throw our way in exchange for back-end work done.

EUrabia is as much as speculation as Zionism or Westernisation, which is true or which will actually happen is anybody's guess, if at all such movements really are in place my money is on the last two. They wield incredible power. Basically everyone is over-stepping their boundaries all over the place.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 09:46   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Now it seems that TM wants to slow down Brexit as far as she can. Nothing before 2017! Merkel is with her, but the Frogs want GB out asap.
The frogs are emotional and inefficient. Too many incidents happening due to bad intelligence (6 agencies not talking to each other). The UK is on the ball in that respect.

MT is a tough negotiator. That is what the UK needs to establish the required exit terms and trade deals. UK is a big market for the EU so there is some weight to pack some punch
Old 21st July 2016, 13:51   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

I have softened my view of Ms May after a long chat with an old leave-voting, very left-wing friend in London. She is in the social sector that has most to fear from the tories: living in public housing, severe disabilities and receiving benefits, senior citizen, etc etc. She tells me that Theresa May, as tories go, is not such a bad one. According to her, Ms May has got rid of a lot of never-did-a-days-work career politicians and replaced them with much more practical people. But still tories.

Oh, hey... I just remembered we're not supposed to talk politics here! Even foreign politics? I don't know... In the hands of the mods
Old 23rd July 2016, 21:41   #72
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
The chillingly planned, cold-blooded mass slaughter of French people celebrating Bastille Day in Nice, along with the cold-blooded attempted mass slaughter of Germans on that Bavarian train,
As if an attempted Bavarian mass slaughter (with several folks still battling for their lives) was not enough, now we have yet another cold-blooded mass slaughter of Europeans (mostly Germans) in Munich.

These bone-headed suigenocide-abetting EUrabia-maniacs like Frau Merkel, Monsieur Hollande and others of their kind have the blood of their own people on their traitorous hands!

I wonder what makes Western Europeans elect such pathetic politicians to office. Eastern European EU citizens (thanks to several decades of experience of living under hated genocidal tyrants) have a far, far better record of electing sensible politicians who aren't involved in aiding and abetting European suigenocide.

Brits must be proud that they voted to free themselves of these suigenocide-abetting bullyboys and bullygirls of Brussels.

-------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

So... Errm... This Europe thing. You're not keen, right? Any logical reasons?
To be frank, I was a whole-hearted supporter of the European project. I have even referred to the European Union as being similar to a loving, inseparable family earlier somewhere else on this very forum.

That was all in the past! That kind of support was limited to the EU being what it was originally meant to be - a common market & a free-trade bloc put together by an association of countries (whose peoples shared common values).

As soon as I learned the EU had transformed itself from what it was originally meant to be into something that is hell-bent on achieving the dubious political goal of a single European political entity, my support began to evaporate fast. On further learning that the bloated Brussels-based bureaucracy was the vicious driving force behind the ongoing suigenocide of Western Europeans (to be followed by that of Eastern Europeans sooner or later, no doubt), I began to hate 'em Brussels bullies to the core!

No one can explain this better than the ultimate hero of Brexit & Britain, Nigel Farage! The then leader of the single-largest British party in the European (rubber-stamp) Parliament gave an astounding speech, which deserves to be preserved for posterity as one of the finest examples of its kind!

They certainly are not laughing now, are they? Hahaha:

It's very logical because the fall of Western Europe would be a fatal blow to modern human civilisation, one which humankind would probably never recover from!

If Western Europe falls, humankind's age of enlightened individuals would be cruelly murdered right in its infancy. The whole of humankind would go back to the age of evil empires, which was the filthy state in which it existed for most of its history after hominid hordes began the cultivation of plants for food, all the way until the devastating World War II.

Of course, the age of evil empires did not end after World War II. Evil empires continued to exist after WW II, and still continue to exist to this very day. But there was a spark of enlightenment in a few countries that witnessed how terrible the age of evil empires was for humankind, and how important it was for humankind's progress to embark upon a new age of enlightened individuals.

This new epoch is based on the individual as its core unit, and not the empire (empire need not necessarily mean an empire in the literal sense). Each individual is the unit of measurement for humankind's progress. Unless each and every individual enjoys his/her rights, freedoms, liberties etc. and unless there is a system built to deliver these and punish violations thereof by any force however powerful it may be, the age of enlightened individuals cannot be achieved.

Of course, there are still people (perhaps the majority in this world) who still believe otherwise. They have absolutely no respect for individual rights, it is always the empire, the state, the government, the church (just an example, for it can be any place of worship), the books (of a particular kind), the cartels, the cabals etc. they respect and revere. The individual's rights are always meant to be subservient to powers exercised by the above-mentioned forces. Any individual or group of individuals who stands up for either his/her own rights or those of others against the tyranny of the above-mentioned forces must be taught a lesson and punished, imprisoned, exiled, tortured or slaughtered to further the powers of the varied-yet-similar, above-mentioned forces of tyranny. A genocide of any kind (especially a state-sponsored one) would be celebrated by the empire-worshippers as long as it does not affect them or others known to them. The empire-worshipping hordes are the ones who would seek to justify and celebrate all kinds of heinous excesses against fellow humans & animals, all in the name of a "greater" something (can be anything from "God" to empire to government to secret cabals to even things like "public health").

It's no secret at all where ideas for the age of enlightened individuals originated from. And it's no secret again as to which parts of the world are still completely sold out to the idea of the age of evil empires.

Humankind is at a crossroads now. If it is to progress, it has to move into the age of enlightened individuals. The vicious forces seeking to continue the age of evil empires must be vanquished! Else, this planet will be moving backwards in time.

Imagine my horror when I learned that the very institution that was formed with the idea of sparking a change that would take humankind into the age of enlightened individuals was rapidly and steadily turning into an evil empire itself!

The traitorous evil empire based out of Brussels must fall, for it has shown that it is not going to reform itself. Western Europe's fall would spell doom for the age of enlightened individuals, a fatal blow from which humankind kind may not recover for centuries, if at all!

-------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post

They wield incredible power.
dark.knight, you are absolutely spot on with your views about the secret forces that control the world from behind the scenes. Only a hardcore kool-aid drinker would deny such things as "conspiracy theories". Kool-aid has the strong power of turning sentinent humans into mindless zombies. I'm not going to question your accurate description of the forces that work behind the scenes.

What you haven't considered is the possibility that it's these very forces who are also behind the EUrabia project.

And no, these forces DO NOT work mostly for the development of western countries. Far from it! They work only for the development of their own wealth, power and influence. They would throw Europe under the bus if it was necessary for their own selfish goals. They would throw the United States or any other country under the bus if necessary to further their own interests. And make no mistake, they would even throw Israel under the bus if it was necessary to further their own interests!

The Eurabia project is not the creation of any paranoid author or even something new, for that matter. The Eurabia project is one that has been going on for several centuries. In the past, its very limited successes were overshadowed by its tremendous failures and the project was forced to come to a grinding halt.

However, the Eurabia project of past centuries never really ended - it has merely morphed into its most potent form yet - the current EUrabia project.

Last edited by RSR : 23rd July 2016 at 22:01.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 21:53   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

One must take into account the main reason for German Eurabia. They were short of workforce so had a lot of Gastbeiders from Turkey. The with reunification they got trained, skilled Germans from the East. Now that is getting exhausted. So they need labour!! Gastbeider or whatever!
Old 24th July 2016, 00:33   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

RSR, with the disclaimer that I am several years out of touch with my mother country and Europe and their issues, i think you have some good points but then go waaaaaay over the top.

I am not sure that the awful tide of terrorist attacks that we have seen recently has much to do with the EU at all. If you want to talk about the evil, then you must point the finger at the points, where they can be identified, from which those tentacles emanate.

Personally, I would not have joined the EU (The Common Market, I think it was called back then) but I was a middle-class Brit with typical middle-class-British insular thinking. Born to be a Tory! And I probably was a bit of a tory until Thatcher came along and shocked all that out of me.

I remain amazed that the Euro has survived this long. To me, it just did not make sense to impose a single currency on a countries that did not, and do not have, a single fiscal policy. Yes: the intention was to enslave all to a single fiscal policy. I guess it didn't work. I'm glad UK stayed out of it, and I could not see the UK ever joining the Euro. So, in that respect, leaving or staying is not an issue.

The biggest things that I think Britains have thrown away are first, the right to free movement and two, the right, in law, to appeal to a higher authority than the British parliament and courts.

Britains no longer grow up with the insularity of my generation.. I suspect that this is one of the reasons for the different voting by age groups.

The right of appeal? I have no confidence whatsoever in any British political party's respect for individual freedom, human rights or privacy.

Is the EU any better? In some ways, yes, I think so. In other ways, ok, maybe not. One of the things my friend was voting against was secret, non-democratic rule, trade agreements and favouring of large corporations. But then, as a country, what do they do? Elect tories, so that is pretty much what they are going to get anyway.

As to who is trying to kill who and why, although I did happen to be in London on 7 July 2005, the last people who were making an active effort to blow me up were the Irish. Nothing to do with the EU.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 08:26   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The frogs are emotional and inefficient. Too many incidents happening due to bad intelligence (6 agencies not talking to each other). The UK is on the ball in that respect.

MT is a tough negotiator. That is what the UK needs to establish the required exit terms and trade deals. UK is a big market for the EU so there is some weight to pack some punch
Tm is being dubbed the new MT, she is tough.

As for the French, they may be expressive and flamboyant, but are technologically at the top. The problem is that they refuse to look beyond their noise. It i said that in the forties we are all taken in by the Germans - Zeiss & Leitz, but it has been said the French firms of Nachet and Chevalier could mop the floor with them. Who came up with the Hydropneumatique in the Citroen DS in the early 50's, who invented the Radial tyre? Even today there are two outstanding French products - TGV, and Areva Reactors. As Time magazine says their latest reactors make all other look like Model A's.

I have a lot of respect for their technology.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread