Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 28th November 2016, 18:51   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Default All-new Volkswagen Arteon sedan teased (Passat CC replacement)

Volkswagen has started teasing it's all-new four door premium sedan, the Arteon, ahead of the car's March 2017 world premiere at the Geneva Auto Show.

The Arteon, touted to be the Passat CC's successor, will sit above the Passat in Volkswagen's lineup and will be their top-of-the-line offering. One of the first all-new models to come out from the VW stable after the dieselgate scandal, the Arteon is based on a stretched version of the MQB platform and combines aggressive coupe-like styling with classic Volkswagen design elements such as a large grille with horizontal slats which extends into the headlamps. The car will also feature frameless windows, and a top-hinged boot which will give access to 1700 liters of space with the rear seats folded down.

Engine options are likely to be a range of turbocharged 4-cylinder units, with the most potent petrol powertrain producing 276BHP. This will be coupled to an all-new 7-speed DSG transmission, in both front-wheel and all-wheel drive layouts. A 3.0L V6 hybrid petrol, producing an impressive 374BHP, could be introduced at a later date.

Volkswagen Exterior Designer Tobias Sühlmann:

Quote:
"At first sight, the Arteon arouses enthusiasm through its expressive deisgn. It then surprises through its practical virtues. This combination is unique."

Last edited by RavenAvi : 28th November 2016 at 18:53.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 13:41   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: All-new Volkswagen Arteon sedan teased (Passat CC replacement)

Only a VW can look good, even with camouflage. Their sedans are just so sweet-looking, from the Vento to the Passat. Every time I see a clean Jetta - especially with some subtle mods - I can't help but stop in my tracks to admire it.

I think VW should bring cars like the Arteon to India. Both the Passats sold here have bombed, thanks to the superb Superb. If VW can't compete with it on product, let it do so on style.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 14:25   #3

Smile Re: All-new Volkswagen Arteon sedan teased (Passat CC replacement)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Only a VW can look good, even with camouflage. Their sedans are just so sweet-looking, from the Vento to the Passat. Every time I see a clean Jetta - especially with some subtle mods - I can't help but stop in my tracks to admire it. .
Word! All VW cars, especially sedans look so gentleman-ly! Suited, booted, strapped!

Arteon sketch looks really really good, Suddenly mid-luxury car segment will get heated up for sure if it comes to India.
RPM1500 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote