Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 18th December 2016, 10:15   #1
BANNED

Default Bristol Cars to resume production under Indian businessman Kamal Siddiqi

Bristol Cars - that uber exclusive automotive manufacturer of hand built cars which makes Morgan look a mass market brand is about to resume production. The pics attached are of the first model since 2003 that will reintroduce the brand - BULLET - to be available from March 2017.

For those who've come in late, Bristol Cars a manufacturer of hand made cars ran into financial troubles, closed down in 2003 and were subsequently bought over by a UK based Indian businessman Kamal Siddiqi.

The brand has just one showroom in the world as of now and that is in Kensington, London. The pics taken are of the single production ready version of the model taken at their London showroom.

Powered by a BMW, V8 engine that produces 370 Bhp and 490 Nm, the Bullet does 0-100 in a company claimed 3.8 seconds and costs 235,000/-.

Could be your next car if you're willing drive to London for a service.
Attached Images

VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2016, 11:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Bristol Cars to resume production under Indian businessman Kamal Siddiqi

Beautiful cars.
There was the old Bristol Blenheim I think and a bunch of others...

Its good that this brand has been revived and revitalised.
Perfect for those increasing numbers of Niche customers who appreciate Automobiles as an Art Form!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2016, 15:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Bristol Cars to resume production under Indian businessman Kamal Siddiqi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Beautiful cars.
There was the old Bristol Blenheim I think and a bunch of others...

Its good that this brand has been revived and revitalised.
Perfect for those increasing numbers of Niche customers who appreciate Automobiles as an Art Form!
Blenheim, now that certainly harks back to Bristol's glorious world war past building fighters and bombers. The Blenheim was originally a light bomber, but its heavy armament led to it being repurposed as a night fighter, fitted with radar. Rendered obsolete around 1942-43 by its Bristol successor, the Beaufighter, and the de Havilland Mosquito.

Here, for example -
hserus is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2016, 10:53   #4
BANNED

The Bristol Bullet will have a production run of only 70 cars.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2016, 14:48   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Bristol Cars to resume production under Indian businessman Kamal Siddiqi

I first heard of Bristol when I stumbled upon this James May article
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...ont-budge.html

Quote:
No matter how pleasant our exchanges have been, no matter how lengthy, no matter how liberally laced with talk of aviation and local restaurants (I live just a few miles from Bristol Cars), he still won't let me drive one of his products. One year, he told me I wasn't even allowed into the showroom. "If you come in here you might tread in some dog s--t," he said.

I was baffled. "Well that's what this place is full of, according to your colleague," he explained. I think he meant Jeremy Clarkson, who once had the bare-faced gall to criticise something like the glovebox lid of a Bristol he managed to sit in. And because of that I have been condemned, through association, to spending the rest of my life with my nose pressed against Bristol's singular corporate window.
smartcat is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2016, 21:12   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Bristol Cars to resume production under Indian businessman Kamal Siddiqi

That's good news. Many iconic brands of the United kingdom are dead and gone. Only a few survive.

Bristol was listed as dead and gone for more than a decade. Its resurrection is good news for sure.

Many car enthusiasts always look up to the iconic British brands as trend setters.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote