Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

View Poll Results: Which one to these mid level exotics do you fancy?
2007 Lexus LF-A 8 18.60%
2008 Nissan GTR 13 30.23%
2008 Audi R8 22 51.16%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20th January 2007, 02:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Which 1 of these mid level supercars float ur boat? (Lexus LF-A, Audi R8, Nissan GTR)

Which one would you pick since all of them are almost road ready with almost identical specs.

Which one do you think would be the top performer amongst the 3??

I love both the jap rockets and I am coming around on the R8. I am a fan of the GTR and the new look, but the new complicated design of the LF-A(just released) is really tickling my exotic enough fancy.

I am sure the LF-A will be the most expensive then R8 and then the GTR.

So you guys go ahead and pick your dream car for a reasonable price which should almost be in the 911 Turbo and Z06 performance range.

For me if I am in the market for it I would have a terrible time picking between the LF-A and the GTR, but just by looking at the looks for it, LF-A seems to edge out in the exotic category than the 3, even though GTR is very masculine. For now my vote which for 100% on GTR until yesterday has now moved to 51% LF-A.

Lexus LF-A with a very inovative looking headlight and back, pure genius i think [click the images]

Nissan GTR

Audi R8

Last edited by 1Day : 20th January 2007 at 02:52.
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2007, 03:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

The new GT-R looks like a toy. They can't be serious with a front that ugly...it's just lacking so much. I pray it looks and feels better in person.

The R8 is rather striking, but the interiors are sub-standard and lack the character of a modern day sports car. Just too German.

Loving the Lexus for it's brilliance and thinking beyond the norm. I love how they inverted the E60 5 series headlamps and created some crazy inverted teardrop design. Side profile is OK, whereas the rear is brutal! Good work Lexus.
aniguchisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2007, 12:11   #3
BHPian

i would go for the skyline because of its tunning capabilities but the lexus lf-a is a better looker and the r8 might be a killer on the track with its mid mount engine but still i would take the skyline because its a car i can take to the drag as well as a circuit but the lexus lf-a v10 is really tempting.
pawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2007, 00:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

I cant imagine the R8 is winning this battle...
Both LF-A and GTR would kick its a$$ on a circuit for sure, these 2 bad boys have been tuned on the ring and along side the 911 Turbo, R8 would become grossly underpowered in comparison and wouldnt be the good looking one out of the 3, so y the appreciation for R8? I would like to know..
Old 21st January 2007, 00:36   #5
BHPian

i'd choose the R8 simply because this is the only one that we know solid specs about. i highly doubt that the lexus will be any fun to drive if their current line-up is anything to go by. though, toyota can make an unbelieveable car because they sertainly have the funds and the R&D. i cant say anything about the skyline bacause i havent been following it's progress or rumours.
heelntoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2007, 03:17   #6
BHPian

1Day: R8 is definitely not the worst looker amongst the 3. remember beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.
Plus the other two are just concepts right now. I can't believe that the Lexus especially will go to production with the same lines. And even if it did, I don't like it overall since I feel its slightly too overdone and wants to be dramatic. And the Nissan? I just plain don't like it.

Plus power is not everything. One great example is the 997 Turbo. It has 'only' 480-odd horsepower but it holds its own against the likes of the Carrera GT as well as the Murcielago etc. so I really don't see whats the point. Plus Audi build quality and interiors are just superb so I have no doubt it's going to be a great machine. Ohh and if the other two brands from Germany were in? I probably wouldn't vote for the R8 as well.
Guess? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2007, 13:34   #7
Team-BHP Support

i would pick the gtr because of the amount you can mod it.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2007, 13:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess? View Post
1Day: R8 is definitely not the worst looker amongst the 3. remember beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.
Plus the other two are just concepts right now. I can't believe that the Lexus especially will go to production with the same lines. And even if it did, I don't like it overall since I feel its slightly too overdone and wants to be dramatic. And the Nissan? I just plain don't like it.

Plus power is not everything. One great example is the 997 Turbo. It has 'only' 480-odd horsepower but it holds its own against the likes of the Carrera GT as well as the Murcielago etc. so I really don't see whats the point. Plus Audi build quality and interiors are just superb so I have no doubt it's going to be a great machine. Ohh and if the other two brands from Germany were in? I probably wouldn't vote for the R8 as well.
Guess I understand what you saying about beauty is really in the eye of the beholder, but come on, R8 is nice no doubt but new/fresh/original its not. Its an overgrown TT which really speaks poorly for its looks..I think it would be a capable car and would have been even more so if Lambo would have not been under the Audi name. They help this car back because their already was another car for the higher performance segment.

(I dont know if you have been following the development of the LF-A and the GTR)
As for the performance of the LF and GTR, their will be no question that they are targeting the 911 Turbo where as R8 is way short of the Turbo(going by the transitive property, 911 turbo is above gallardo level and R8 is lower).

Anyhow the LF-A I think has an exteemly original design at the back, side scoops and headlights and it needs work on the front fascia. GTR might look bad in these pictures but i can assure you it would look beyond stunning in real life, but it would be something like the Gallardo(hate it or love it looks). Anyhow If you think japs are behind in performance than the germans then you are sadly mistaken, unfortunately germans have had their time and i can tell you in the coming years watch out for the japs, they are going to take german engineerings place, they already have in more than 50% of the things.

Anyhow..ppl have different choices i guess...

Last edited by 1Day : 21st January 2007 at 13:40.
Old 21st January 2007, 13:52   #9

R8 for me.
1DAY.. sometimes you just have to let your heart rule over your head.. sure thats what happened with you and the 'Vette.
ariesmale870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2007, 14:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesmale870 View Post
R8 for me.
1DAY.. sometimes you just have to let your heart rule over your head.. sure thats what happened with you and the 'Vette.
no in my case my head ruled my heart...my heart was in for a G35 coupe tuned out(rebuilt engine/supercharger etc etc), since g35 would have given me a 20k worth of tuning capacity, but my head asked my heart to open up and try different things and thats when i discovered that the vette is seriously the king in this segment without a Q. I even tried the 911 and dont ask how that went..before that i was all into german high performance machines or jap rockets tuned the way i like it..but now its a different story, i have no likings towards any brands or particular country's engg, i look at it, try it and then decide even if it is made in Korea, i will give it a shot if someone told me that its good..

Last edited by 1Day : 21st January 2007 at 14:13.
Old 21st January 2007, 14:11   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
. I even tried the 911 and dont ask how that went..
I'm sure a lot of us here would LOVE to hear how that went.. might we persuade you to start a new thread with that subject
ariesmale870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2007, 15:24   #12
BHPian

Once they put the V-10 engine into the R8 it'll be a hell of a car (the illuminated engine bay is pretty cool as well)
Ashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2007, 10:34   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok View Post
Once they put the V-10 engine into the R8 it'll be a hell of a car (the illuminated engine bay is pretty cool as well)
would they put a V10 in it? I thought Audi doesnt want to go up against their own..

Anyhow..even so it would still look like an over grow TT, but i am sure it has some things that are just plain cool, like the head lights and the illuminated engine bay as u mentioned.

More and more we are discussing these cars my liking towards LF-A is really become strong only if i could keep 3 cars in this range it would be the GTR, LF-A and the Z06..
Old 22nd January 2007, 10:42   #14
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the Lexus .. why does the front remind me of the S2000 ?
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2007, 11:21   #15
Senior - BHPian

It would have to be the GT-R for me. Never been a fan of the looks of the R8 or the Lexus.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote