Team-BHP - A Disappointing 60th for Ferrari
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   A Disappointing 60th for Ferrari (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/20934-disappointing-60th-ferrari.html)

I was expecting something like a special ed Enzo or an Enzo upgrade coming this year or atleast some spy shots or press release from Ferrari on that topic, but nothing, squat. What we get is their old looking 612 60th ed. not even the 599 GTB 60th ed which would have been kick a$$.. Anyhow what do you guys think, should we expect anything from Ferrari for their 60th this year after this? Dont you think 599 stands more for ferrari than a 612, so I dont see the point of a 60th ed 612, maybe trying to revive sales on the name of this occasion.

Dont get me wrong, what they are doing is fun and exciting probably for the owners taking part in the raly but what about us guys who lust for something cool to come from them on such a momentous occasion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autoblog.com
Ferrari is a truly amazing car company. With an illustrious history that spans the last 60 years and then some, the company currently sits at or near the top of both motorsports and the commerical arena in which it sells its Italian exotics. This year is Ferrari's 60th anniversary, and it's celebrating the milestone in a very Ferrari way, which is to say unlike anyone else. The festivities begain at the Italian embassy in Abu Dhabi today where Ferrari owners set out on a relay that will ultimately involve over 10,000 cars on a trip across China, Japan, Australia, South Africa, American and all of Europe. The trip is actually a relay, in which a special baton will be carried that bears 60 enamel symbols representing the 60 most important events in Ferrari's history. It's topped by a platinum and diamond prancing horse – very fitting.

At the start of the relay this morning, Piero Ferrari, son of company founder Enzo, gave a speech in which he also announced that the company will build and sell 60 very unique 612 Scagliettis. The cars will be offered in a two-tone livery with available colors that have graced the marque's most memorable models from year's past. Each will have a trick electrochromic glass roof, of which the degree of opacity can be infinitely adjusted by the driver. What will make each 612 the rarest of collectibles, however, is a small enameled symbol, presumably matching one of the the ones on the relay baton, set in the center tunnel of each car. We're guessing you won't be able to arrive at your Ferrari dealer and plunk down a deposit for one of these. Chances are you'll be invited by the company itself to purchaes one. I wouldn't hold your breath for the opportunity, however.

Check out Ferrari's full press release after the jump.

Wait another 15 years, something'll show up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniguchisan (Post 364801)
Wait another 15 years, something'll show up.

You really think it will take them 15 yrs to come up with something like an enzo when their enzo has broken all record in terms of sales figures(high resale till date). I hope not, i was hoping for something this year but then i wouldnt mind the product to come out whenever in the next few years, but some juices to keep us folks going..

75th Birthday...it's gonna be big.

Agreed, surely Ferrari could have done something more special. OT but losing the Champion (with MS in his final year) was also not the best anniversary.

Guess they need to move more of the 612. The 599 will sell well and is a Ferrari..they dont need to do limited editions of that. The 612 is supposed to be their flagship but looks more like a coupe of the Maserati Quattroporte than a Ferrari.

Reason why abu dhabi was chosen.

Quote:

Abu Dhabi was chosen as the start point for the relay as a result of plans to build a major Ferrari theme park plus a motor racing circuit on the island of Yas.

Scheduled to open in 2009, the new Ferrari Theme Park will cover a massive 250,000 sq m and will feature 24 themed attractions for all the family, including a 70-metre-high G-Force Tower and a twin rollercoaster ride that for the first time allows races against each other. Moreover, there are go-karting, rally driving and dune buggy tracks, and a vast array of food and beverage outlets.

In addition to the Ferrari Park, however, the 2,500-hectare Yas Island will also host a motor racing circuit, signature hotels, apartments, villas, a wide selection of restaurants, a retail area of about 300,000 sq m, golf courses, a water park, a tourist marina, a hotel overlooking the lagoon and numerous food and beverage outlets that will create a unique international tourist destination.
The Ferrari Theme Park project and construction, as well as the whole Yas Island development is by Aldar Properties, and the total investment for the Park is of around US$600 million.

Source: Car Body Design - Car Design for Automotive Designers, Engineers and Enthusiasts