Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 13th March 2007, 00:40   #1
Senior - BHPian
Default Aston Martin gone-Is it Jaguar,Land Rover next

The comments out of Ford's Dearborn headquarters have largely been supportive of Jaguar, but its fate remains unclear.
Mr Luckock is sceptical.He said: "I fear that once Aston Martin is sorted out, then Jaguar will be next."I think there is a chance that Jaguar may be gone with the next 12-24 months."Ford is doing this worldwide review and Jaguar is losing money. For Ford, losing money is not in the religion.
"It is closing so many plants in the US – it is being quite ruthless. I cannot see that they regard Jaguar in grace and favour terms."

Mr Luckock is also concerned about the future of Land Rover.
Pointing to the growing environmental attacks on the 4x4 maker, disparaging reference to Chelsea tractors and the whole climate change issue, he noted: "I think Land Rover will go to the US."

icBirmingham - Fears over Jaguar and Land Rover
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2007, 23:20   #2
Team-BHP Support

It stated in a filing to the Securities and Exchange Commission, the American financial regulator, that it had pledged all of its buildings, trademarks, intellectual property, together with shares in the main business as well as its overseas operations such as Jaguar, Land Rover, Aston Martin and Volvo
Sounds like a family commiting suicide with doors locked from the inside

Last edited by theMAG : 14th March 2007 at 23:21.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2007, 23:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hardly a surprise. When you have a global group not making profits then it's the frivolous arms (read as non-core product field) that go first. Jaguar, AM & LR are hardly core areas of Ford so they WILL be the first to go since their strategy regarding these brands has been absolutely hilarious resulting in them not making any money!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote