Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2007, 18:43   #31
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,468
Thanked: 19,375 Times
Default

Thats an awesome interior seriously. which tyres on which size alloys are these?

Also, what's the wood finish called?
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2007, 20:53   #32
BHPian
 
vcash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 453
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Thats an awesome interior seriously. which tyres on which size alloys are these?

Also, what's the wood finish called?
Thanks Ishan and vid6639. The wood finish is Black Birdseye Maple. Similar trim is available on BMW's as well.

The Alloys are 18" inchers and the tires are low profile performance continentals. I'll check the model number when I get out of work and let you know.
vcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2007, 00:36   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
The Alloys are 18" inchers and the tires are low profile performance continentals. I'll check the model number when I get out of work and let you know.
I think they are ContiSportContacts.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2007, 01:32   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 844 Times
Default

Amazing car, amazing rims and wheels and that Bird's eye maple veneer is a killer in this colour. Enjoy the car buddy and all the best.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2007, 06:02   #35
BHPian
 
vcash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 453
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Amazing car, amazing rims and wheels and that Bird's eye maple veneer is a killer in this colour. Enjoy the car buddy and all the best.
Thanks V-16. and Ishan - you were spot on about the Conti Contacts 245/40 R18 Tubeless.
vcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2007, 10:18   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,719
Thanked: 89,184 Times
Default

Quote:
The wood finish is Black Birdseye Maple. Similar trim is available on BMW's as well.
We saw the exact same finish in a BMW 5 in KL. Boy, it looked even better in person.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2007, 03:33   #37
BHPian
 
abdul 65 amg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Brussels
Posts: 252
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Vcash congratulations, you have got taste,right upsoltery , right paint, very good choice.Exciting E class, can beat a 530 XI easily.More torque at low revs.Global quality cabin is much higher than a 5 series.Plastics feel more luxurious, in the 5 series I feel the cabin very cheap espacially on the dashboard.My dad has got a 530d 2003 my.
Bmw seems to pay less attention to details than Mercedes-benz does.
abdul 65 amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2007, 06:51   #38
BHPian
 
vcash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 453
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdul 65 amg View Post
Vcash congratulations, you have got taste,right upsoltery , right paint, very good choice.Exciting E class, can beat a 530 XI easily.More torque at low revs.Global quality cabin is much higher than a 5 series.Plastics feel more luxurious, in the 5 series I feel the cabin very cheap espacially on the dashboard.My dad has got a 530d 2003 my.
Bmw seems to pay less attention to details than Mercedes-benz does.
Thanks Abdul - this is the 4th Benz in the family and the 2 before this were a tad dissapointong (The W210 less so - the ML was atrocious). We had the 530Xi for about 3 months before the 'incident' so I cannot comment on long term experiences however in the short time the Bimmer was with us, it was a blast to drive! Sure - the E has more torques at lower revs but the 5 was in a different league - the gripping, the acceleration - you could throw it around and it was fun - You need to throw on some JayZ/Linkin Park while driving. The W211 E - not so much. Its more composed and the ride is comfortable and luxurious - makes you want to play some soothing Bach while cruising on a cool summer evening. And in terms of plastics and quality and attention to detail - I thought that the 530xi base trim was much better than the E's base trim. However, the E's upgraded interior with leather dash and the birdseye maple trim is a notch above BMWs upgraded package - but as far as attention to detail - I think both are comparable in their own right.

All this talk about the 5 has got me teary eyed

:( RIP March 02 2007.

vcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2007, 11:24   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Ishan - you were spot on about the Conti Contacts 245/40 R18 Tubeless.
I wouldn't be a tyre dealer worth my salt if I did not know that, now would I
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2007, 20:19   #40
BHPian
 
abdul 65 amg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Brussels
Posts: 252
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Vcash you are right.What happened to your 530 Xi?Very unsual to keep 3 months a 5 series.
abdul 65 amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2007, 21:17   #41
BHPian
 
vcash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 453
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdul 65 amg View Post
Vcash you are right.What happened to your 530 Xi?Very unsual to keep 3 months a 5 series.
Check this thread out:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...bay-rains.html (How do your cars survive bombay rains?!!)
vcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2007, 08:50   #42
BHPian
 
vcash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 453
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

I had a chance to get out of work early and since there was some daylight out - I took the car out for some pictures. I hope you enjoy them.













vcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2007, 10:17   #43
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,468
Thanked: 19,375 Times
Default

vcash the rims look super. the car looks great and I just cant get over that interior finish. stunning.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2007, 10:22   #44
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,622
Thanked: 6,144 Times
Default

VCash, your Merc looks stunning. Awesome rims and great interiors. I feel that the dashboard (upper part) and the steering wheel colour should have been in lighter colours.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2007, 20:16   #45
BHPian
 
vcash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 453
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
VCash, your Merc looks stunning. Awesome rims and great interiors. I feel that the dashboard (upper part) and the steering wheel colour should have been in lighter colours.
Thanks vid6639 and moralfibre - The Dash and steering are actually the only beige shades offered by MBUSA. The other options were Ash Gray (Which is quite depressing), Black on Black and Black / Cognac Brown (The Latter too get too hot in the summer). I see your point about it being a shade lighter but I think the camera exagerates the top half color of the dash and in person the contrast looks quite pleasent.
vcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mercedes-Benz GLE 400 4MATIC petrol launched at Rs. 74.90 lakh dZired The Indian Car Scene 5 26th August 2016 17:20
Mercedes-AMG C43 4MATIC lands for homologation Senna4Ever The Indian Car Scene 6 26th July 2016 15:09
Maybach Revival: S600 to be joined by S500 & S400 4MATIC BraveArc The International Automotive Scene 12 22nd April 2015 14:02
Mercedes-Benz GLA 45 AMG 4MATIC launched at Rs.69.60 lakhs S2!!! The Indian Car Scene 10 28th October 2014 16:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:56.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks