Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 18th April 2007, 03:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Uh Uh Uh!! Spied Murcielago LP640 Superleggera, now we are talking..

Saw the news today that lambo might be working on the Superleggera version of LP640 Murcielago, this should do wonders for the car, I hope they up the ante here a little bit with dropping more weight and adding a lot more HP without giving it that stickery looks(i still love the gallardo superleggera).

Ohhh Boy!! i am excited, i guess the lambo CEO's promise to give us something new every major auto show seems to be doing wonders..

I can wait..(Click on the pic to goto Autoblog for news)

More in the second linked pic from "The Car Connection"

Last edited by 1Day : 18th April 2007 at 03:54.
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2007, 07:31   #2
BHPian

This is going to be an amazing car if the LP640 is anything to go by.
1Day: I think all the LP640 needs now is the lose weight. The power is already enough. It makes no sense to add more power if eventually the chassis won't be able to hold that much. Dropping weight and making it just RWD instead of AWD will make this car destroy pretty much everything on track and off.
Guess? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2007, 10:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess? View Post
This is going to be an amazing car if the LP640 is anything to go by.
1Day: I think all the LP640 needs now is the lose weight. The power is already enough. It makes no sense to add more power if eventually the chassis won't be able to hold that much. Dropping weight and making it just RWD instead of AWD will make this car destroy pretty much everything on track and off.
I agree, it needs to lose weight but it is against Lambo/Audi's philosophy to make their cars RWD only :( [which really saddens me, but then there are ways for individuals to do it on their own]

but when i said up the power, the reason was, they wouldnt make this car a RWD drive and lose the extra 150 lb that could be saved, so adding more power would be ideal for a heavy coupe, i just hope they are able to save something like 250-350lb on this car rather a mere 150, 150 for the gallardo was fine, but for murcielago which is close to 3800-3850lb car, shaving off as much as possible is the key. Upping the power is really for bragging rights, usually the customers only see that, but i agree on the fact that they need to drop a lot of weight and make RWD(which is not going to happen)..

but LP640 SL could become the super beast that lambo was waiting for before a murcielago successor..

Last edited by 1Day : 18th April 2007 at 10:09.
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2007, 11:03   #4
BHPian

how would making it RWD improve performance on track? ok the acceleration will improve thats about it. the LP640 is hard enough to drive with AWD, it would be crazy with just RWD IMO, i say lose all the fancy interior and the flappy paddle gearbox, i dont want a stereo or navigation or carbon fibre trim on the dashboard, gimme one seat, a proper manual gearbox and a steering wheel.
cheap_deal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2007, 18:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Off to change trousers...
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2007, 19:30   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
how would making it RWD improve performance on track? ok the acceleration will improve thats about it. the LP640 is hard enough to drive with AWD, it would be crazy with just RWD IMO, i say lose all the fancy interior and the flappy paddle gearbox, i dont want a stereo or navigation or carbon fibre trim on the dashboard, gimme one seat, a proper manual gearbox and a steering wheel.
I'm not entirely sure of this but I think the way it works is that AWD gives better off-the-mark acceleration while due to the heavier weight and power loss up-top the car loses its grunt after certain speed. Also, the LP640 is already available in a manual but the flappy paddle gearbox is always suited better towards a track. The interior of the Murcielago is bare-bones anyways so I hardly think making it any less would make it go faster. Look at the Zonda F with its extreme interior.
Guess? is offline   Reply With Quote