Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 10th May 2007, 03:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default World Record: Fastest Standing Mile on Street Tires - 226mph

A lingenfelter C6Z06 Twin Turbo set the world's fastest standing mile on street tires 2 days back on a runway where there was still a lot of dust and ice disolving salt on the road..

Here is the link with the video

Sounded like a jet engine..

Enjoy!!

Last edited by 1Day : 10th May 2007 at 03:38.
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 11:08   #2
BHPian

wooo this is one sweet car loved the part where the cam was inside the car an those turbo's sure sounded sweet thats one hell of a car.
pawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 12:44   #3
BHPian

226mph thats around 360kmph which i feel is quite overrated without a look at the box or some gauage and with a stock setup suspension and body do u think thats possible??? twin turbos fine but then i didnt see any skirting .... hows the downforce then

one more thing is that in video pass it did not seem to be doing above 250kmph

maybe u may know more so shed some gyan.

Last edited by 2fast4u : 10th May 2007 at 12:46.
2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2007, 13:41   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
226mph thats around 360kmph which i feel is quite overrated without a look at the box or some gauage and with a stock setup suspension and body do u think thats possible??? twin turbos fine but then i didnt see any skirting .... hows the downforce then

one more thing is that in video pass it did not seem to be doing above 250kmph

maybe u may know more so shed some gyan.
the c versions of the vettes have a really good suspension setup which is the race versions.

about the c6 suspension:
Quote:
Adding a rear wing and a front splitter enabled the team to develop a package that achieves a lift-to-drag ratio better than that of the C5-R. Through a combination of Computational Fluid Dynamic studies and on-track testing, the end result will be an aerodynamically balanced package, tunable to the low drag demands of Le Mans or the high downforce requirements of Mosport.
The Z06’s Cd is 0.31.

but cant tell about the speed part doubt lingenfelter would lie about that.
Old 11th May 2007, 00:30   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
A lingenfelter C6Z06 Twin Turbo set the world's fastest standing mile on street tires 2 days back on a runway where there was still a lot of dust and ice disolving salt on the road..

Enjoy!!
dude why don't you buy one of those packages that these guys have to offer. Have you ever thought of or planned about getting more HP out of your Corvette? It would really be fun! Ofcourse it'd cost some money but then I guess if you can own a corvette + be a car fanatic i'm sure you can cough some' up
highwayblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 00:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
dude why don't you buy one of those packages that these guys have to offer. Have you ever thought of or planned about getting more HP out of your Corvette? It would really be fun! Ofcourse it'd cost some money but then I guess if you can own a corvette + be a car fanatic i'm sure you can cough some' up
I really hope i can..see until now, i had a major thing in front of me, paying for my lovely wife's 4 yrs of private school tuition..now that she is graduating this week, i will have time to accumulate some green for my poor car..may be i will do it, but not lingenfelter but APS Systems from Australia..lets see, i dont know what i plan, I might plan to go back to india sometime soon, so then i would positively do something crazy..

lets see..but my wife keeps a nice tight leash on me.. haha!!

Either way 2fast4u, they arnt lying, lingenfelter is brabus of corvettes and novitech of ferraris so there is no doubting their claims, but i would have to agree that they should have kept a gps device which would prove their efforts to the people a little clearly..

I will ask them, why they didnt or if they have something official, its a fellow forum(not bhp) memeber's car this one..so it isnt to difficult to find out or ask him to repeat on one of those airbase track days..
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2007, 01:02   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
i will have time to accumulate some green for my poor car..may be i will do it, but not lingenfelter but APS Systems from Australia
what about dougrippie they seem to have some goo kits for the vette
here's their site
C6 Parts and Conversions
Old 11th May 2007, 12:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

Just love the sound of the turbo whine on that Corvette.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 10:36   #9
BHPian

Link to Video is dead. :(
supercars is offline   Reply With Quote