Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 23rd May 2007, 15:03   #1
BHPian

Default 2009 acura nsx spotted at nurburgring - update now possibly cancelled

After an arduous day of preparation, Honda engineers have finally hit the race track in their mule for the next NSX. Seeing this prototype in the light of day reveals proportions consistent with Acura's avanced sports car concept, which debuted at the '07 North American International Auto show.
The S2000-based body panels used on this mule don't exactly correspond to the show car, but it may tell us of the direction Acura is traveling with the next NSX.
First of all, the stacked exhaust set-up on this mule looks similar to the placement on the concept. The mule's large central air-intake at the front suggests that the production NSX may veer away from the styling of the concept, which had a smoother nose with air-intakes mounted wide on the front bumper. Given the lukewarm reception given to the most recent NSX concept, the design transition from concept to production was expected to involve marked styling changes.
The expansive hood on this mule definitely looks large enough to handle a V-8 or V-10 engine.

(updated) 2009 Acura NSX spied at Nürburgring

some thing is this car doesnt fell right to look at.
pawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 15:32   #2
BHPian

edmunds said honda will restyle the car to look like the concept because of the good response to it.
but this becomes just another japaneese sports car because they have gone from the good MR setup to the front-mid mounting of the engine.
heelntoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 17:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
some thing is this car doesnt fell right to look at.
My sentiments as well. I like the lines of the R35 better.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 19:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

This should have been a separate car rather than being linked to the NSX. Similarity ends at the name.
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 21:09   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
This should have been a separate car rather than being linked to the NSX. Similarity ends at the name.
Dude I agree with you totally. The new car's going to have a V-10! Think about it there won't be enough buyers for a 120,000$ Honda. Personally if I had the money I'd buy it but still...
I'm sure the new one will be a type-r supercar with fabulous handling and obviously good grunt as well!
highwayblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 22:35   #6
BHPian

after observing the pics i think te s2000 body kit is put over the design to not give out te design rather like the black covering.
Old 23rd May 2007, 22:41   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
after observing the pics i think te s2000 body kit is put over the design to not give out te design rather like the black covering.
Thats what I thought at first but I seriously doubt that coz the width of the car in those pics is the same as a stock s2000. Its not widened with a body kit or anything noticable. Get what i'm saying? The link you pasted here also talks about only the internals being tested on the track! I doubt the final car will have the same wheel to wheel dimensions as this one !
Old 23rd May 2007, 22:47   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
Thats what I thought at first but I seriously doubt that coz the width of the car in those pics is the same as a stock s2000. Its not widened with a body kit or anything noticable. Get what i'm saying? The link you pasted here also talks about only the internals being tested on the track! I doubt the final car will have the same wheel to wheel dimensions as this one !
yes now i get it and also it might not have the same wheel to wheel dimensions.
Old 23rd May 2007, 22:57   #9
BHPian

As we expected, the 2009 Acura NSX test mule spotted in a garage just outside the Nurburgring eventually made its way onto to the test track. Seeing the car out in the open reveals just how different this prototype is from the S2000 shell it's based on. The wheelbase has clearly been stretched out with the driver sitting almost dead center in the chassis. The width doesn't appear to have changed much, but the wheels and tires are definitely bigger than anything seen on an S2000. And you can disregard all of this sheetmetal by the way as we've heard this car is getting a full redesign after a cool reaction to the Sports Car Concept shown in Detroit.

source
heelntoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 23:10   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The expansive hood on this mule definitely looks large enough to handle a V-8 or V-10 engine.
This is really confusing. The NSX has always been a mid engined car (and so have all the concepts). Just the fact that the engine on this one seems to be at the front makes me wonder if this is the new NSX or a bigger...more powerful S2000!!!

Shan2nu

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 01:33   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
The NSX has always been a mid engined car (and so have all the concepts). Just the fact that the engine on this one seems to be at the front makes me wonder if this is the new NSX or a bigger...more powerful S2000!!!
I'm sure its not a newer s2000. it'd look ugly it were that with that stretched out wheelbase ... half limo s2000 (lol).anyway like some one else mentioned earlier and like you pointed out the new nsx may not be a mid-engined car. The concept said that too about an fr layout. so the nsx name is the only thing that it'll have in common with the original.
Old 24th May 2007, 03:06   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Could be the new S2000. I heard it will be a 2+2.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 08:31   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Could be the new S2000. I heard it will be a 2+2.
WHAT?? are you serious? THAT Won't be an S2000 anymore then!!! its supposed to be a dam sportster man.

Last edited by highwayblaze : 24th May 2007 at 08:36.
Old 8th July 2007, 23:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

Found this on youtube.com -

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007, 00:00   #15
BHPian

guys watch the video.... it clearly says they've used a cut up S2000 to test the motor which may just be a V-10 pumping out 550bhp!

GO HONDA!
flipsyde is offline   Reply With Quote