Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Closed Thread
Old 27th May 2007, 20:05   #1
Question Who knows of a TOMCAR??

Mod Note : Please continue the discussion in the new Tomcar thread. Thanks

Read this article and youll know

The Tomcar is a type of off-road vehicle / buggy.
The Tomcar was designed originally to bridge the gap between All-terrain vehicles (ATVs), which are very maneuverable but also dangerous (as they do not feature a rollcage or seatbelts) and cannot be driven for long periods and Sport Utility Vehicles (SUVs), which are less adept at off-road work, and more expensive.
The Tomcar’s rigid one-piece steel frame was originally designed and built for the Israel Defence Force, and has grown commercially from within the high performance motor sports community. Different models of The Tomcar come in one, two and four seat models. The Tomcar is powered by a variety of engines (petrol unleaded & diesel), and uses a CVT transmission system, and a chain driven final drive system.
The Tomcar was developed in Israel over the last 15 years, it is currently used by the Israeli military to patrol its borders and carry out various military missions. The Tomcar is now available to the public for both commercial and recreational use.

contribute information

Last edited by GTO : 31st March 2012 at 14:44. Reason: Adding link to launch thread
Old 28th May 2007, 04:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

It's a glorified dune buggy.
Old 28th May 2007, 13:06   #3
Team-BHP Support

I have heard a lot of good things about the Tomcar; its simple, robust and quick enough for off-road conditions (about 50kph). A little known fact is that its a two wheel drive and yet manages pretty well on the beaten track.

It has its fans, and a 4x4 is eagerly awaited.
Old 31st May 2007, 12:06   #4

I say it is a perfect vehicle for the Pune roads in the moonsons, abit it needs some better protection from the eliments.
Old 1st June 2007, 00:55   #5

i was thinking of designing something in between of this and a rally cart for my summer training at my college workshop. I know it wont be completed in 2 months but i think its high time to do something when you are doing engg
Closed Thread