Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 12th July 2007, 14:52   #16
Team-BHP Support

Dont know how I missed this thread but dayyum, the Mercedes S-Class and E-Class both topped their respective segments!

That is awesome and a brilliant achievement for chief Dieter Zetsche who vowed to get Mercedes back to the olden days. A sign of times to come? No more yearning for "the good ol' days of Benz"!

On a related note, I recently had a high speed run in the 2007 S350. Man that car has no right to handle the way it does.....it is just beyond beautiful. Fabulously over-engineered in each and every aspect whether its the power delivery, handling, braking, steering response or interiors. It is superb to drive and loves to be pushed hard; on the straights or around a fast corner. The guy who owns it has had extended stints in the RR Phantom and said that the S matches it in each aspect (except for outright space). The bigger engine S Class' take care of the power deficit toward the Phantom.

Somehow, I believed him.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote