Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 21st July 2007, 11:54   #16
BHPian

The most recent episode I saw was where Top Gear test drove a Bentley 'Flying Spur' in Dubai. I guess this goes against all the allegations here, as the car was shipped here for the roads and terrains, and in the end he gave a very bad review of the car. Said it was hugely overrated, and people would do well to simply buy the VW Phaeton!

I didn't think that was anyone being excessively British..
avkurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 11:17   #17
BHPian

Jeremy Clarkson's Obituary

Mayavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 12:16   #18
BHPian

Hahaha those are funny quotes. He is the best when it comes to sarcastic humour.
tsxei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2007, 06:25   #19
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
He offcourse knows what he is saying! Anyway Britain is indded a nice place to drive around (especially Scotland).
I don't know if this is off course but, the rural cobbled streets making up 80% of Jeremy's Ole' Blighty are indded narrow. Wrestling my left-hand-drive Taunus around rural cobbled streets made for Morris Minors and Austin Minis, was sure a crick in the neck...., New Malden, Wimbledon, Merton, Mitcham, Carshalton, Sutton, Ewell, ...
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 12:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

has anyone seen his annual DVD he makes. . its called "The Good, the bad and the Ugly'. Here he decimates the americans and their lifestyle and above all the way they drive/ what they drive / and their cars.

he also BLOWS UP a harley davidson. That acc to me was very rude. very very rude.

none the less for all JC fans its a must buy or a must download
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 15:14   #21
BHPian

He surely is a character. But still remember last year, when Hammond had that horrific accident. I was in UK and was listening to BBC Radio 2. Jeremy was getting interviewed by the RJ. That RJ asked him about his interest in sports. He stated was he really loves adventure sports. What he said jst suprised me. He said Adventure Sports for him is, driving a taxi in Kolkata. He said, it was such a memorable experience for him. Driving in India, is just like eating Indian food. It has a completely different spice and flavour to it and every region has a different style. Its diverse like how India truly is. And what he really admired is the common Indian drivers level of tolerance. If such traffics would have been in London, people would have stopped driving. These words of his stunned me. But you know how he is, sometimes good sometimes wicked. LoL. Half of Yorkshire(From where Jeremy hails) hates him. They call him a Over talented piggy and also a sexiest. Why a sexiest, hehehehe this Top Gear blooper will prove it.

Check the end of the vid. Hehehehehe, its funny.

And if you guys remember, the Top Gear Special Episode in Season 9, the US of A one. They just completely rip apart the driving condition and also the people in US.
AnniHilat0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 16:38   #22
BHPian

Yup, a good entertainer he is. His jokes are hillarious!! He once refered the Hyundai Accent as 'Hyundai Accident'. Man I couldn't stop laughing, despite the fact that I own one of these 'accidents'!!!
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 22:32   #23
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

no doubt he has to be the best autoshow host in the world.i just love his sarcastic comments and how he relates inane things to automobiles.hilarious guy.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2007, 01:33   #24
BANNED

jc is the best auto show host in history...period...no one comes close...hormuz sorabjee is lucky to have spent some time with him..
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 10:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And the summer, thanks to a few dedicated souls like me and that chap at Ryanair, is likely to be warm.
JC's presentation skills are the most well known, along with his complete hatred towards america. He refused a top gear shoot in the US because he had to stay there for a while.
the above quote is the best backhand slap to the auto and airline industry for global warming ever!
madan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2007, 12:26   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
JC's presentation skills are the most well known, along with his complete hatred towards america. He refused a top gear shoot in the US because he had to stay there for a while.
the above quote is the best backhand slap to the auto and airline industry for global warming ever!
No.... he refused a Top Gear series made FOR Americans as he would have to spend a few weeks in the US away from his family.

But yes, he absolutely hates the americans. I love his style and his comments.

And people who take all his comments seriously, shouldnt be watching his shows
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2007, 20:00   #27
BHPian

Folks
JC is the only one who can make a car sing and cry at the same time. I would still not agree to his comment on Brits being the best carmakers but what i give him is The Sports Car bracket as Aston Martin proves it everytime they roll out a new model. Now, he has a very different approach towards cars and the logic behind them.
I am a JC fan and most of the times i agree with his conclusion.
D1ISTHE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 00:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

I have never heard him say anything good about India. He has commented from food to litterly everything about India in negative sense. Even hamond commented -we exploited India for so long and now they are hitting ous back with the tata indica which is worst car ever.

There is some limit to things and he has taken it bit far for my likeing.
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2007, 01:16   #29
BHPian

He's just being proud of his country which he has the right to. In you've watched the recent 2007 top gear or even 2006 episodes, hes always complaining about the new British traffic regulations, its like hes tired of every new rule they enforce. Yea he does love the Italians a lot and hate Germans. But thats his panorama towards life just as we have ours.
You should never take him seriously, and yea especially when he tries to come to conclusion.
turbolader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2008, 22:06   #30
Team-BHP Support

A hilarious spoof on him

Welcome to Clarkson Island
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote