Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 1st February 2008, 12:49   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_patra View Post
I think Roman Abramovich , owner of Chelsea FC resides in Great Britain . Is he an oil baron too ? i doubt because as far as i can remember he was the main owner of a private investment company called Millhouse Capital .

In 2004 Abramovich bought two Maybach 62 limousines. He had these customized to be bomb proof and have bullet-proof glass. They were reported to have cost him 1 million. He also owns a Ferrari FXX too
Yes, he is an oil baron.
Jayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2008, 13:34   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasantevangelin View Post
Guys thats a Special Edition Bugatti.Its called Pegaso Edition Veyron.It Pumps out an extra 100 BHP more.Its Owned by a RUSSIAN OIL BILLIONAIRE who is living in the AL BURJ Dubai for the past 1 1/2 Years.For that Number C UAE 1 he Paid nearly USD 15 Million thats a Whopping 600000000 (60 Crore),Pls wait am Fainting ?????.In addition to that he has a White Maybach number is 5 , a White SLR number 7 , a Yellow Pagani Zonda number is F 13 for this he paid USD 2 Million Dollar (Guys Calculate it am still to recover from the Shock) , a Red Ferrari , a Black Murceilago and some 15 Exotic Cars . All these cars are Parked in the Al burj Garage.THese are the Information I got . Thanks
When I went to Burj Al Arab (yes, its not AL BURJ Dubai), 4 RRs were standing outside the main entrance as hotel transfer cars!

Thats typically the case with dollar flushed ME economies. Most of the good 5 star hotels in Dubai have amazing cars for their airport transfers etc. e.g. Rotana Hotel near the airport has a lineup of Audi A8s, Le Meridian Mena Seyahi (Dubai Marina) keeps a bevy of BMW 7 series, Kempsinki Mall of the Emirates has Hummer Limo's for special guests etc.
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2008, 13:35   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
I think in UAE # 1 is reserved for Sultan and immediate family only. In that case, how can the russian guy take this?

Steeroid would help in this.
Its not like that. E series license plates are considered most exquisite. Sheikh Mohammad, the ruler of Dubai has E 1 license plate.
As is the case with other countries, single digit license plates are most exclusive and expensive, followed by double and triple digits.

Dubai RTA regularly holds auctions of premium numbers. I dont really believe in the story that the Russian mafia/billionaire paid that high amount for C1 plate. In the last official auction in 2007, the highest bidder was an Abu Dhabi based businessman who bid AED 25 million (approx USD 7 million).

Commoners get 5 digit no plate
Old 1st February 2008, 13:44   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
cheap_deal do read the entire blog before putting the links. you are on the thread that is mentioned by you in both the links. E46fanatics and the google search for the same comes back to the first page of the thread.
there is no authenticity in the claims made of 55 million being offered to get the C1 plates and that too by a russian billionaire. the only place that mentions a russian billionaire owner of this veyron is on T-BHP and nowhere else.
Hard to believe the posting on See what money can do: The Bugatti Pegaso Edition - Autoblog

If he ACTUALLY paid AED 55 mil/USD 15 mil and got C1 plate from Fujairah, then the license plate should have read UAE-Fujairah. Only Dubai license plate reads 'Dubai' X-xxx.

In the other 6 emirates, license plates (esp for the cars being registered in the last 1-2 years) reads UAE-<name of emirate > e.g. UAE-Fujairah or UAE-Sharjah. And more often than not, these are in Arabic, as opposed to Dubai which is in Engilsh, with a subscript in Arabic
Old 1st February 2008, 16:12   #65
Senior - BHPian

i got a feeling of hot chocolate in a pool of icecream when i saw the color combination.i loved it and have all praises for the guy to have adopted this color combination.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 10:15   #66
Senior - BHPian

Default Teaser , Bugatti Veyron 16.4 - Dubai

A bugatti owner visited one of my friends office yesterday , up on request the bugatti owner itself snapped few fotos , It happened in dubai

Name:  bu.jpg
Views: 1371
Size:  65.5 KB

Name:  bua.jpg
Views: 1302
Size:  114.7 KB

Name:  buaaaaaaa.jpg
Views: 1421
Size:  118.8 KB

Name:  bug.jpg
Views: 1267
Size:  65.8 KB

Name:  buggaa.jpg
Views: 1305
Size:  89.1 KB

Name:  buggggg.jpg
Views: 1272
Size:  101.1 KB

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th October 2010 at 17:27. Reason: Post moved. A title search for "veyron dubai" would have led you to this thread. Cheers.
foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 09:21   #67
Senior - BHPian

WOW thats quite an outrageous color on the veyron ,but it carries it with flair.
And the pegaso edition is slated to be at 1200bhp.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote