| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|22nd September 2009, 17:47||#16|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Nov 2008
Thanked: 690 Times
Found this blunder on carwale.com
Dont know how i landed on this page. I was just doing some home work on RX8 and ended up on CARWALE
Check out the site
RX-8 | Mazda RX-8 Cars India - CarWale.com
Last edited by h@r$h@l : 22nd September 2009 at 17:51.
|22nd September 2009, 21:10||#18|
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Thanked: 2 Times
I agree Mazda 6 is a nice car, but I fail to understand why its not selling. There are simply not enough Mazda 6 seen on roads in the US. That segment is dominated by Camry, Accord and Altima in that order.
Any particular reason why the 6 isnt selling?
|22nd September 2009, 21:17||#19|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Thanked: 10 Times
I think it depends a lot on which region of the US we'r looking at. Surprisingly, I've begun to see a whole lot more 6's here in Houston, and friends in Sacramento CA & Atlanta have been saying the same thing. There are those few cities where the sales might not be good, but over all I believe Mazda does sell more of the 3's than the 6's.
|22nd September 2009, 21:37||#20|
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto / Kurukshetra
Thanked: 125 Times
One major thing is pricing - 3 is priced very well but 6 is near to Honda Toyota pricing.
Perception plays a part too. 3 is made in Japan while 6 is assembled in US. It shares a lot of parts with Ford Fusion and is not considered as reliable as the other Japanese counterparts.
That said, there are a lot of 6s here in Toronto.
|22nd September 2009, 23:31||#21|
Join Date: Aug 2009
Thanked: 14 Times
i too used to drive one in KSA... but now that am back in india.. lost in memories... :(
i think its one of the quickest cars i have driven.. ... even though automatic... it zooms outtt in style...
check this page >> Mazda Mazda6 2.0 TS 5dr version details, Technical specifications, Features, Price
it even says the price of the car in INR as if its available here ...
|12th November 2014, 04:08||#23|
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Santa Clara
Thanked: 121 Times
Re: New Mazda 6
I bought a 2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring last week (Its a complete redesign from last generation). At $33600 MSRP (Includes $2000 tech package with iloop regenrative braking) + $4000 on accessories, it beats the mid-size segment hollow. Key differentiators from a top-end Accord are:
1. Mazda Radar Cruise Control (or, Adaptive Cruise Control as you may call it). You can even set the distance that you can keep with the vehicle in front of you
2. Lane Departure Warning System (Not camera based as seen on accord). This one beeps and displays image on dashboard console
3. Tom tom navigation system (Touchscreen but slow UI)
4. Blind spot assist - The rear view mirrors have a yellow icon that turns on when there is car on your blind spot. It also gives a beep if you want to take turns. It is better than accord's camera based system since this being radar based, is accurate when you are passing a truck and you always have the safe distance to change lanes
4. Rear view mirrors dimming control (Including centre rear view mirrors) using a LCD panel in the back
5. Adaptive headlights that turn with steering.
6. Bose audio (Even Nissan offers one)
7. Premium leather interiors and very ergonomic and driver oriented
8. Paddle shifters (compared to Accord) and meaty 19" low profile (45) tyres
9. iLOOP regenerative braking to relieve the alternator (that saps power) and use a capacitor to shore electricity. On start stop conditions, this relieves the alternator from being coupled, so more usable engine power while starting.
10. Fuel economy: I got 35mpg at 70mph on I-5 Highway. Its undoubtedbly the most fuel efficient non hybrid midsizer
1. Car rattles like any Japanese car (under heavy bass)
2. Starting from stop, the car feels laggy (not the low end torque), but has to do something with hill hold lock release
Last edited by devsoftech : 12th November 2014 at 04:21.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Mazda's new MX-5: Now revealed!||karan561||The International Automotive Scene||5||25th March 2016 12:51|
|Chennai Customs Auction : 300 SEL, Mazda 929, MR2||v12||Shifting gears||29||27th February 2015 17:21|
|The New Mazda 2/Demio||MaserQ||The International Automotive Scene||3||18th July 2007 14:21|
|Mazda RX-8 and Maybach spotted||gTr||Super-Cars & Imports in India||24||12th September 2004 16:05|