Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 3rd January 2008, 21:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Try this link . Japanese used car,japan new cars,japan used car,Japanese new cars
These guys are genuine exporters of Japanese cars and i have personally picked up a car from them.
Very serious buyers only.. check out the prices..They will also ship it to your country of residence.Best part.. all cars are RHD..

Goddy
Godfather sir ..ek question.The mitusbishi lancer evolution 10 comes upto 18 lakh rupees with everything.So that includes the duty or excludes the duty??
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 23:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Godfather sir ..ek question.The mitusbishi lancer evolution 10 comes upto 18 lakh rupees with everything.So that includes the duty or excludes the duty??
All the prices on this are excluding Duty.. I am not sure that the duty will be for this vehicle.

Goddy
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 17:39   #18
BHPian

Default Is it possible to bring back Car from Singapore

I might be accepting an expat contract for 2 years from my employer to go to Singapore. I am considering renting a Car in Singapore (I have two kids and not sure if I can live of without having a Car). Then I heard that currently the cost of owning your Car in Singapore has come down a lot and so is it a option to buy a Car and then later (2 or more years) bring it back to India. Does it make any sense????
DDGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 17:58   #19
BANNED

DD it's better to use the Public transport here in Singapore instead of owning Car.

If at all you want to hire a car it will be somewhere around S$1000/mnth for a Corolla and extra any charges for the damages done.

In Singapore you need to pay ERP for usage of some roads in the peak time.

The ownership cost of the vehicle it is 2-3times more than India, for Eg-Swift in India - 5 -6Lakhs / Singapore - S$40,000(Approx - Rs.14Lakhs)

Last edited by gowda79 : 19th March 2009 at 17:59.
gowda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 20:45   #20
BANNED

its not a good idea to bring a car back from singapore, they are more expensive in singapore than in india and you pay 110% import duty on the car!
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 08:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Do not worry about not having a car in Singapore. The public transport is very efficient, clean and safe. You also have a hell lot of taxi's plying and they are also cost effective for the service they provide.

You will never face an issue.

And, as Gowda said, the cost of owning car is just too much and the cost of running it even more! :(

(PS: there is no free parking available anywhere in Singapore! Even not in your own apartment parking! )
HappyWheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 09:42   #22
BHPian

I would like to second happy wheels on that, you wont even think about owning a car in Singapore, the city is so well networked and connected, and moreover costwise it will be much cheaper for you to save those sing dollars/USD's and use them to buy a car here in India.
me_sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 09:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

If you are going to live in Singapore for 10 years or so, then it makes sense to own a car. Otherwise public transport is a way to go. In fact to prove that you can own a car, you need to first find proof that you have parking space.
vineethvazhayil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 10:02   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
its not a good idea to bring a car back from singapore, they are more expensive in singapore than in india and you pay 110% import duty on the car!
Parm i think there is a percentage of exemption on duty if the car is shown as a Own car used for a certain period and being imported into India after using it in Abroad.

P.S - Correct me if i am wrong, i heard this from a friend.

Last edited by gowda79 : 20th March 2009 at 10:06.
gowda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 10:34   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

@ DDGuy, Search Before You Post !

There are quite a few thread which discuss this subject. Do an advanced search for the word "IMPORT" in the title.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...singapore.html (Importing a car from Singapore.)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...car-india.html (Can Anyone Tell me how to Import a USED car to INDIA?)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...2-r32-gtr.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-lhd-cars.html (Transfer of Residence and LHD cars)
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 10:40   #26
Team-BHP Support

Thanks condor,

Thread merged with #1 link in your post.

cya
R
Rehaan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 17:53   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Do not worry about not having a car in Singapore. The public transport is very efficient, clean and safe. You also have a hell lot of taxi's plying and they are also cost effective for the service they provide.

You will never face an issue.

And, as Gowda said, the cost of owning car is just too much and the cost of running it even more! :(

(PS: there is no free parking available anywhere in Singapore! Even not in your own apartment parking! )
Thanks HappyWheels. I hear what you are saying and it matches with what I read elsewhere..........but people do have cars in Singapore, don't they?

I wonder what reasons they have for owning cars, despite all the costs?
Old 21st March 2009, 18:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDGuy View Post
...but people do have cars in Singapore, don't they?

I wonder what reasons they have for owning cars, despite all the costs?
Simple; because they can afford it and it works out for them.
HappyWheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 19:08   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Parm i think there is a percentage of exemption on duty if the car is shown as a Own car used for a certain period and being imported into India after using it in Abroad.

P.S - Correct me if i am wrong, i heard this from a friend.
duty on USED car is 110% and minimum ownership should be atleast 6 months registered in the owner's name only.

110% import duty applied on TR (transfer of residence) of indian national returning to india after living for a considerable time (im not sure of the time period).
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 20:30   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Simple; because they can afford it and it works out for them.
Exactly.......may be I can too?