Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 27th January 2009, 10:29   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
far better looking than the India GM sold Forester. Sadly dont think Subaru would enter India any time soon.
This car is not appropriate for india. Its main use is for snow and wintry conditions of north america. Indians neither drive in snow nor carry skis on roof racks.
raveen_2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 20:07   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raveen_2023 View Post
This car is not appropriate for india. Its main use is for snow and wintry conditions of north america. Indians neither drive in snow nor carry skis on roof racks.
Actually it is appropriate for India. The AWD on the Subarus arent just for snowy and wintery condition. I agree they perform well there - but here in England, the farmers love their Suabru's and it hardly snows... The Outback and Legacy are perfect everyday cars, as is the Impreza. Most of the Subaru's have decent amounts of power and torque... plus they outdrive alot of their competitors.

Last edited by Samir Taheer : 27th January 2009 at 20:14.
Samir Taheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 20:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

This car is good for India IMO, but the price must not be very high. Subaru IIRC has symmetrical drive system or something where in all the driveshafts have equal length, so even when the grip is available with one wheel, the car can move a bit. They have probably one of the best 4X4 system along with Land Rover. This is helpful for Indians specially in rainy season and the after effects of rains on roads where there is very poor grip available. Also the normal driving in India is almost equivalent to offroading

But the wear and tear of Indian conditions will lead to higher maintenence. Considering the roads and general operating environment, the car is good, but expect maintenance to be on higher side.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 13:33   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
This car is good for India IMO, but the price must not be very high. Subaru IIRC has symmetrical drive system or something where in all the driveshafts have equal length, so even when the grip is available with one wheel, the car can move a bit. They have probably one of the best 4X4 system along with Land Rover. This is helpful for Indians specially in rainy season and the after effects of rains on roads where there is very poor grip available. Also the normal driving in India is almost equivalent to offroading

But the wear and tear of Indian conditions will lead to higher maintenence. Considering the roads and general operating environment, the car is good, but expect maintenance to be on higher side.
I totally agree with you about the price. But i think because people arent aware of the brand it might not do too well. Subaru hardly advertise!!

Yes the AWD system is amazing - like i said i've fooled around in the snow and loved it + the car corners like its on rails.... As for wear - the UK farmers love them for teo main reason - one they can take their foresters into their fields and still not have to foot the tax and gas bills of a big suv, secondly because they are sooo robust. The flat 4 and 6 are know to be extremly reliable engines.
Samir Taheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 13:11   #35

I own one too. Mine is the 2004 model. Which one is yours?
Personally I like the quirky looks. Rides like a dream...
There are quite a few forester owners in the group, I think we should get to know who's who better. Maybe a forester meet someday?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
i personally feel forester look at their best during 2003 to 2005. i own one, i just don like the new shape forester as it makes it llok like any other SUV, but the older foresters are noticed for there looks. might be very simple but is really a sample of SUBARU.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.
thejuk is offline   Reply With Quote