Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2008, 02:28   #1
BHPian
 
Superleggera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kannur/Boston
Posts: 294
Thanked: 74 Times
Default 1959 Mercedes 180 D

Saw this car for sale in Boston for $6000. Doesn't resembles like an Amby too much?..I haven't ever seen this car in India...
Mods: Pls move this thread to appropriate section if this is not the right one.


Superleggera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 11:18   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Hyd
Posts: 1,235
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
Doesn't resembles like an Amby too much?..I haven't ever seen this car in India...
I have seen one such in hyderabad on saturday, being towed by a jeep after a paint job. May be getting ready for the 26th jan rally. For a moment thought it was an amby from the rear but after overtaking it found its a merc.
Infact my dad commented it is copied from an amby!

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 21st January 2008 at 11:23. Reason: to remove images.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 21:33   #3
Team-BHP Support
 
karlosdeville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,628
Thanked: 8,101 Times
Default

You can learn more on Indian Pontons here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...des-190-d.html
karlosdeville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 11:22   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
aadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 1,594
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I have seen one such in hyderabad on saturday, being towed by a jeep after a paint job. May be getting ready for the 26th jan rally. For a moment thought it was an amby from the rear but after overtaking it found its a merc.
Infact my dad commented it is copied from an amby!
silver colour? maroon interiors? some where near raj bhavan road? was at my painter masood's shed for the last couple of days.. no cam so couldnt take pics.. the owner of this car has a huge collection i believe..
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 11:50   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Hyd
Posts: 1,235
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
silver colour? maroon interiors? some where near raj bhavan road? was at my painter masood's shed for the last couple of days.. no cam so couldnt take pics.. the owner of this car has a huge collection i believe..
yes dude,
silver color & maroon/red interiors. It was on lower tank bund. As saud earlier, it was being towed by a jeep.(may be the car's CAM wasnt in place as well )
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jay Leno's garage - A 1959 Fiat Millecento! karlosdeville Post-War 16 1st March 2013 02:25
Bug Fiat 1959 Naren4140 Post-War 34 14th March 2011 23:46
Pulsar 150 Vs Pulsar 180 !!! EDIT: Its the 180 NOTORIOUS Motorbikes 34 24th June 2010 17:49
Pulsar 180 UG3and Apache 180-for a new bike? EDIT - Its the RTR 180 deepclutch Motorbikes 76 26th November 2009 00:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks