Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 22nd January 2005, 01:43   #31
Senior - BHPian

Also where is the the Drivers airbag in the AUDI crash.Is it not standard fitment on the A3
merve_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2005, 03:49   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
Also where is the the Drivers airbag in the AUDI crash.Is it not standard fitment on the A3
Good point.
I dont know the specifics of audi.
But take BMW for example, if you get the M package for your 5series, and the 3-spoke //M steering wheel is part of it, there is no airbag in that steering wheel. (if i am not mistaken - Revv, you wanna check that 5 series catalog i gave u?)
Maybe this audi wheel is an alternative to the stock airbaged one?

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2005, 09:45   #33
Team-BHP Support

I thought airbags are mandatory now? Atleast in the states.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2005, 12:48   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
If you note the damages, the car sees sohave skidded sideways and flung itself into the trees, the rear end sheraed off tand the rest was flung further in to the woods. As this was not a frontal impact, the airbag did not get triggered
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2005, 12:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you note the damages, the car sees sohave skidded sideways and flung itself into the trees, the rear end sheraed off tand the rest was flung further in to the woods. As this was not a frontal impact, the airbag did not get triggered
Then how come the Accord in China had it's front air bags triggered even though there was no frontal damage what so ever?

Shan2nu
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2005, 13:11   #36

why isnt there any blood anywhere in the pic?
sharan666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2005, 13:47   #37
Senior - BHPian

Thats too scary maaan !!!

but i dont understand y Honda should make a public apology ! its not the car at fault its the driver though he mite have swerved to hitting the dog ...

and the car has 4 stars in the safety ratings??
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2005, 14:32   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Thats too scary maaan !!!

but i dont understand y Honda should make a public apology ! its not the car at fault its the driver though he mite have swerved to hitting the dog ...

and the car has 4 stars in the safety ratings??

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
its sad that this accident had to blamed on a dog.but it seems that this accord was going at very high speeds on this narrow road.
the road is so narrow for very highspeeds,so this shows that the driver was at fault.i dont understand as to why does Honda has to apologise for someone else's blunder.

hehe,if this had to happen with indian car makers,then they wud have to have start a separate apology division with it having a 24x7 work timing.

and wat abt the 4 stars of the ratings.i am sure but i think the Accent got abt 1.5 stars in the same.
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2005, 16:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They must have done it as a precautionary measure. What if the car infact had a fault? You never know!!

And as a Honda customer, it does feel good to know that, even though, no car could have survived such an accident, Honda is willing to consider every possibility instead of blindly blaming the whole thing on the driver.

Shan2nu
Old 22nd January 2005, 20:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

How on earth did that happen??This definately is scary!!!

But then Japanese cars are not one of the best built cars.They are not even 60% safe IMO.
But then a Driver is the safest feature in a car,and not the air-bags n stuff.

X
X-Machine is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2005, 21:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But then Japanese cars are not one of the best built cars.They are not even 60% safe IMO.
Before you say that, why don't you checkout the Audi on page 2, my friend. So much for build quality.

Shan2nu
Old 22nd January 2005, 21:35   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Before you say that, why don't you checkout the Audi on page 2, my friend. So much for build quality.
Shantanu seems to have taken the Accord crash too personally! He is going all out to defend the car. Come on dude, it's not like you manufactured the car!
No-one here is denying that the Accord is a very safe car. We all know that the Accord has a 4 star safety rating in the Euro NCAP. Even the Audi A3 has a 4 star safety rating.

Quote:
But then Japanese cars are not one of the best built cars
This statement is, however, extremely true. Nothing wrong in accepting that. No one said that safety depends on how heavy a vehicle is or that build quality plays a role in safety.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2005, 22:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shantanu seems to have taken the Accord crash too personally! He is going all out to defend the car. Come on dude, it's not like you manufactured the car!
No-one here is denying that the Accord is a very safe car. We all know that the Accord has a 4 star safety rating in the Euro NCAP. Even the Audi A3 has a 4 star safety rating.
Lol, nothin of that sort. infact, I don't expect any car to come out clean in a crash like that. You crash a car at 160+ and you can forget what star rating it has, coz star ratings are effective only to a certain speed limit. Beyond that, may god be with you.

Like X-Machine said, the driver's skill is the best safety feature in the car.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 22nd January 2005 at 22:07.
Old 22nd January 2005, 22:03   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This statement is, however, extremely true. Nothing wrong in accepting that. No one said that safety depends on how heavy a vehicle is or that build quality plays a role in safety.
Well i think a well built car has to be safe. Safety is a part of build quality. U can't have a well built car that is not safe.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 22nd January 2005 at 22:07.
Old 22nd January 2005, 22:20   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well i think a well built car has to be safe. Safety is a part of build quality. U can't have a well built car that is not safe.
Even i used to believe that but the Indica changed all that!
amit is offline   Reply With Quote