Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 10th April 2008, 01:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default W212 Mercedes-Benz E Class. EDIT : Brochure leaked on Pg. 5

Quote:
It may still be well over a year until we know for sure what the next generation Mercedes E-Class will look like. But today, our spy photographer has taken pictures of a prototype of the codenamed W212 project close to Mercedes' test base at the Nurburgring.
For the 2010 model year the Mercedes E-Class is likely to drop its Sensotronic Brake Control (SBC) in favour of a conventional brake system with high-tech features such as wet-weather disc wiping and wheel-selective cornering brake control. Top of the range models such as the AMG series may have optional ceramic-composite brakes.
The new E-class design will mimic the S-class' wheel-arch extensions, rising character line below the door handles and big bumpers. Other features will include a more sculpted wide-frame grille and geometric air intakes in the front fascia. Some say the front headlights and c-pillar treatment is heavily influenced by the latest Lexus models, which is rather ironic since Lexus was famous for 'borrowing' design cues from Mercedes in the past. We expect that the 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show will reveal all.
Driver safety will be a major theme on the E-Class with lane-departure warnings, eye-movement monitor, traffic sign identification, road condition sensors and stability control for crosswinds, camber changes and tire wear.
We expect no surprises in regards to the engine options, ranging from a 184 hp 4-cylinder to the usual V6 and V8 engines and the range-topping E63 AMG 6.3 liter V8 producing 500-plus horsepower.
Source - Mercedes E-Class Spied Again
Attached Images

khanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 01:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

No overtly bulging fenders, no bangled Butt, this is how a Merc should be. Just wish that the headlight is a single piece unit.

Last edited by 1100D : 10th April 2008 at 01:52.
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 03:35   #3
BHPian

The shape looks awesome but headlights and tailights will decide the appeal. The headlights shape looks close to the Infiniti's (Nissan luxury in US). The new E is all built on the new C built technology. Lets see if we get more pics on this beauty.
VIPER_SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 05:05   #4
BHPian

Lehmann rendering-again from WCF
http://images.worldcarfans.com/artic...325.009.1L.jpg
Bimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 06:10   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimster View Post
Phew.. thats a sharp looking car, thanks Bimster! now we need to wait on the specs.
Old 10th April 2008, 08:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

The rear door curve that rises to meet the tail lamp, looks like being inspired from our very own Ambassador!
Old 10th April 2008, 10:28   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like tables have turned...MB is now copying traits off Audi...checkout the LEDs in the fog lamps...similar to the S6.

The war is on once again between the 5 series(F10) and the new E (w212), pictures of both cars masked up have surfaced on the net. Will be interesting to see what comes out of it.

I still lay my money on the BMW as of now because even with all the cladding it looks better shaped than the w212. But who knows whats behind the mask !
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 10:50   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

After the quirky E and the droopy C, I didnt expect a perfect new-gen E-Class. The W212 seems to have the same droopy butt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Just wish that the headlight is a single piece unit.
Doesn't look it. You can distinctly see a smaller circular headlamp, just next to the radiator grille.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 11:06   #9
Team-BHP Support

I heard that Mercedes are designing in W124 elements into the new E class as it is the most loved E class ever and to win more hearts back
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 20:43   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The W212 seems to have the same droopy butt.
Although the Butt is droopy it doesn't look bangle inspired as in the case of the S and C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I heard that Mercedes are designing in W124 elements into the new E class as it is the most loved E class ever and to win more hearts back
Maybe after removing the camouflaging that will be more evident, but so far it doesn't look anything like it. The W124 had a front to end continuity in its design, much like the W123 before it.

This angled light catcher line just isn't Mercedes.

Last edited by 1100D : 10th April 2008 at 20:47.
Old 11th April 2008, 00:54   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Looks like tables have turned...MB is now copying traits off Audi...checkout the LEDs in the fog lamps...similar to the S6.

The war is on once again between the 5 series(F10) and the new E (w212), pictures of both cars masked up have surfaced on the net. Will be interesting to see what comes out of it.

I still lay my money on the BMW as of now because even with all the cladding it looks better shaped than the w212. But who knows whats behind the mask !

Audi should have patented the LED integration into headlights, I'm not sure if they already did it. Like Mercedes patended turning lights into side view mirrors and it expired 2 years back, and now every other car has turning lights integrated into their side view mirrors.
Old 11th April 2008, 02:28   #12
BANNED

That is just a rendering. Right? Not the original. Many inputs will be just wild guesses.

I think the New E will be very much different from the current one. Yes, I also read somewhere that the 124 design cues will be brought back in the next one. The headlights are going to be split ones.
Let's wait for some more time.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 03:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I think the New E will be very much different from the current one. Yes, I also read somewhere that the 124 design cues will be brought back in the next one. The headlights are going to be split ones.
Split headlights give the car a much better look. Somehow,to this day I prefer that style as compared to the new look the Mercs currently.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 08:03   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Split headlights give the car a much better look. Somehow,to this day I prefer that style as compared to the new look the Mercs currently.
True, Its time to change the elliptical eyes for E. It does look different
Old 14th April 2008, 06:18   #15
Senior - BHPian

here comes the first interior shot:

EDIT: Courtesy JESMB (News)

Last edited by theMAG : 14th April 2008 at 15:56.
merve_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote